What Are You Listening To Now?

beckguero.jpg

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@May 12 2007, 05:22 PM
We've got neighbours who love to turn up the volume loud.

Happily, they've got fantastic taste in 60s soul and R&B - currently: Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come".
Thats a brilliant song

Elbow - Leaders of the Free World.

I've just read the latest Rebus novel and he's been recommended it in the storyline. Ian Rankin has a decent taste in music so, when I saw this for £3 in HMV, I took a punt on it. Not bad.

Originally posted by Mounty@May 26 2007, 09:58 PM
Downloaded King Missile's Cheesecake Truck onto my iPod the other day. Hadn't listened to it since student days but still makes me smile
I am holding you entirely responsible for my recent addiction to Frü/Gü cheesecakes, Mr Mount ~ not long after after reading your post I was in Sainsbury's, walked through the cold section & thought, "hmmm, cheesecake....."

Yesterday I was asked "what the hell are all these little glass pots everywhere? Where did they come from??"...... :shy:

I must admit to being partial to Sainsbury's Cheesecakes,however even nicer are Muller's Simply Desserts cheesecakes,mmmm.

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet, brilliant song, If anyone here claims that the version by The Killers is better I may have to kill them, emotion pours through this song when Mark Knopfler sings it

I've rediscovered Half Man Half Biscuit - "David Wainwright's Feet" - and "Dicke Davies Eyes"...

Mention the Lord of the Rings just once more,
And I'll more than likely kill you.
"Moorecock, Moorecock, Michael Moorecock"
you fervently moan.
Is this a wok that you sholve down my throat,
Or are you just pleased to see me?
Brian Moore's head looks uncannily like London Planetarium.

Chorus:
And all those people
Who you, romantically,
Like to still believe are alive,
Are dead!
So I'll wipe my snot
On the arm of your chair
As you put another Roger Dean poster
On the wall.

God, I could murder a Cadbury's Flake,
Then I guess you wouldn't let me into heaven.
Or maybe you would 'cause their adverts promote oral sex!
A Romani bint in a field with her paints,
Suggesting we faint at her beauty,
But she's got "Dickie Davis Eyes!"

Chorus x 2

I enjoyed watching T in the Park over the weekend. But I was shocked by the appearance of Tim Booth from James! :eek: The years have not been kind!

Originally posted by Griffin@Jul 10 2007, 12:59 PM
I enjoyed watching T in the Park over the weekend. But I was shocked by the appearance of Tim Booth from James! :eek: The years have not been kind!
The booze and other things probably didnt help

A classic of its generation :D - Tiffany's original version of "I Think We're Alone Now" is on air on Virgin radio at the moment!

Back