What Are You Listening To Now?

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Feb 29 2008, 08:31 AM
Distortion by the Magnetic Fields.

A real grower of an album.
A new Magnetic Fields album? Heaven be thanked!

69 Love Songs was one of the most ambitious - and at the same time least pompous - concept albums ever. That's one more entry added to my spiralling "to buy" list, then...

gc

Santogold is worth a listen - saw her on Jools Holland the other night - seriously cool. Up there with Winehouse in terms of artists worth taking seriously.

fecking neighbours AGAIN .......I can swear but mine are mild compared to this couple he just come out [4 weeks ago) of nick now he's feeling his feet and everyone has got to hear it !! hence.................WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO NOW!!! :p :angy: :(

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@May 14 2008, 06:46 AM
Have you listened to i by the Magnetic Fields?

Another cracker.

I am going to see them in Dublin in July.
You lucky, lucky man.

A tip - if you haven't seen them live before, NEVER shout for requests - Merritt just gets ratchety as hell about it and Claudia Gonson invariably has to act as peacemaker 'twixt audience and singer.

It's not as if he can hear half of the shouts, as he's profoundly deaf and gets through gigs by little more than interpreting the vibrations from Claudia's piano. But he can read lips.

Barring the new album and the House of Tomorrow EP, I think I've got pretty much all MF releases, plus the ones he did with special guests as The Sixths. I've not explored the delights or otherwise of The Gothic Archies, though.

gc

The new album is a bit of a grower. Impressive.

They are touring later in the year and i`ll be seeing them in Blackpool of all places.

Christ.....I'm doing exactly that right now, BM.

The Charlatans are better than this lot of tossers though.

Back