What Are You Listening To Now?

Does anyone remember who performed "Can't Stand the Rain"? Was it a lass called Ann Peebles? I've got a sudden desire to buy it after all these years!

Yes, Tina! Thanks, P. It's been going through my fevered brain (am getting through a real mo-fo of a virus right now) in the way songs do, and once I'm fit for the sight of humans, I'll see if I can find it in one of our many record shops. Cheers for that.

:cry: :cry: Excuse me while I wallow a bit... blimey! I'm down to a mega-sized cold now, but I can't believe how this swine hit on Saturday a.m. Mind you, don't know if it got triggered a bit by finding an ambulance outside Crumbly Towers when I got back from Lingfield on Friday. And, once he moved so I could park, a para in attendance with Mommie Dearest. Yes... another 'F' on her form, I'm afraid, this time caused by slipping on her kitchen floor and crashing into a chair. Warning to Elderly People: wear your bed socks in BED, not on slippery floors!! :o

Almost a year to the day of the previous crash, so at least she's consistent. Thank goodness she's only stiff and sore, not as out of it as she was last time, because there's no way I could attend to her. I've honestly never had anything like this lurgy - the most massive, crunching headache for two full days and nights, shortness of breath (okay, having asthma doesn't help), shivering then roasting, and a nice bit of throwing-up to complete the attractive picture. I feel much better - by comparison - today, but still haven't had any food since Friday. The downside to that is that I don't feel as if I've lost a microgram! So, it's "we're a couple of crocks"...

My apologies to anyone who I've insulted and/or annoyed in the past few days. I'm putting it down to the plague, but once I'm better, I'll just be my usual insulting and annoying self again. :)

No food since Friday :confused:

Can I suggest my Gearoid cure to up your blood sugar a bit - suck some ice cubes with fruit juice or squash on .

Get well soon to you and Beatrice .

Cheers DG!!!! :lol:

Sorry to hear you're feeling crap Aunty Jon - if it's any consolation I do too at the moment! Got another poxy cold; it's not really bad but it's bad enough that I haven't managed to sleep for the last 3 nights or so, had the horrible continuous headache, nausea & loss of appetite...today I managed 2 mouthfuls of pasta carbonara before the lot went in the bin! To cap it all I'm on the poxy graveyards this week.....great!! (I've just realised too on looking for them that I've left my inhalers at home & I'm struggling to breathe...... :what: ) Hope your Mum recovers from her fall ok, too - bet you had a great time on Mother's Day!

At the moment, I'm coughing along to Green Day - American Idiot.

Mozart - why have I woken up wide awake in the middle of the night ? Bloody irritating .

That'll be me every day for the next 6 days....constantly waking up all day, wide awake & unable to sleep....I hate the poxy graveyards!!! :cry:

Got Razorlight - Up All Night keeping me awake at the moment....just!! :what:

Nice for you.....good luck!!!! I find that a bucketful of Kalms tablets (or similar!) helps a bit, with some lavender oil sprinkled on the pillow as well.

I have got some Natrasleep somewhere but if I take some now getting up at 6 will be even more hell .

Lavender oil - no thanks I don't want to sleep on a pillow smelling of that

Aha... a dark secret emerges, crawling blindly, into the unwelcome light of day... Not the Cadbury Philately Club! Oh my God! NOOOooooo! :o

This evening,whilst watching us getting knocked out of Europe in the San Siro :cry:

Beck - Odelay
Velvet Cacoon - Genevieve

Back