What Are You Listening To Now?

REM - ANYTHING !!! Ok I'm a fan and I saw them last week but also the Danny Elfman songs from Nightmare Before Christmas

Here's another one for Ardross :P :lol: - Everything You Can't Leave Behind - U2. I love it, I think it's their best album.

Tonight I've had

Embrace - Out Of Nothing
Razorlight - Up All Night
Killers - Hot Fuss
Matchbox 20 - More Than You Think You Are
The Thrills - Let's Bottle Bohemia

Tonight I've had

Razorlight - Up All Night
Green Day - American Idiot
Feeder - Pushing The Senses
Damien Rice - O
Killers - Hot Fuss
Athlete - Tourist

:D

This evening:

My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Johnny Cash - American Recordings
Hate Forest - Blood And Fire
Beherit - Oath Of Black Blood

Well,i was watching the Arsenal v Bolton match but the commentators (Pearse and Mark Bright) were so unbelievably bad that i had to bang a couple of dark CD`s on

Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Delighted to see The Killers getting plenty of listeners on here....both they and Snow Patrol are top of my list right now. Two super bands.

I saw Mercury Rev in concert last night - they were brilliant. I am listening to The Secret Migration by them.

I agree, Aidan - Snow Patrol are excellent too. Unfortunately when I moved out of my flat in October, the box to my Snow Patrol CD came too, but empty, with the CD last seen in the possesion of my flatmate (even though I had rescued it back a few days before the move)...... :brows: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PDJ@Mar 12 2005, 08:06 PM
I saw Mercury Rev in concert last night - they were brilliant. I am listening to The Secret Migration by them.
Excellent band.Are the days of true indie greats like `Rev,Pixies,The Smiths,Husker Du etc gone for ever?I ask because bands like Keane and Athlete for example just seem like carbon copies of Coldp...sorry cant finish typing there name in case i nod off.

This Evening:

Ice Cube - The Predator
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Cult Of Luna - Salvation

I grew up on bands like Husker Du, Pixies, Smiths, Babes in Toyland, Nirvana, Sugar. I would add Buffalo Tom and Teenage Fanclub to that list as well as the Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev, Grandaddy.

I saw a band on TOTP last night The bravery ? sounded like an early 1980s indie tribute band . Is this all in again now ?

Exactly,and you could add in Joy Division,Stone Roses and Tindersticks.But the Indie bands i see coming up over the last couple of years...post Strokes and White Stripes i suppose all seem so dull and derivative....so much so that i`ve returned to proper metal (extreme kind) where artists abound like Xasthur and Drudkh with some balls and imagination

bravery is actually q good. I prefer atheltes to coldplay and keane.

Im listening to Jesse Malin -The fine art of self destruction at the moment, could be q appropriate with Cheltenham coming up, empty bank account etc..

Back