What are you watching

Recommended by a friend; watched the first episode and wasn't keen but so many people have now said it gets better that I must give it another go.

Guilt is absolutely superb. A bit Fargoesque in my opinion - lots of little twists and turns.

The Serengeti Rules; a documentary on BBC4 about the discovery of 'keystone' species; explains why wolves have been reintroduced to Yellowstone etc. The scientists involved have been studying this for many decades. As someone who worries terribly about what we're doing to the planet this film gives me a bit of hope for the future. Might sound a bit dull but the commentary and the photography is a joy. Going to rewatch it again tonight as there's so much to take in. [ps you'll never look at a starfish in the same way again.....]

Last edited:
My bets ... Roman Kemp (all the girlies will be voting for him) 5/1.. and outside bet James Haskell 20/1

Caitlyn Jenner will inherit a lot of support, but I can't see her having the balls to go the distance. Ian Wright was talked up as the winner before it started, but he's not shown any form to match those expectations thus far - early days, mind.

Last edited:
Not much liquidity in specials markets like this, not like the days when DJ Sunset used to pump a few grand in, mainly on Big Brother.

Last edited:
Having no head for heights, I could never have done that, Moe - not for any amount of money.

Responsible Child; BBC2. As if I'm not traumatised enough by the election I've just watched this. Oh my life; what an acting performance by the young boy.

He was brilliant wasn’t he! Quite incredible that they are tried in an adult court at that age.

I can't stop thinking about it. I hope the boy it was based on has found some sort of happiness. It didn't help that the actor reminded me of my grandson....

Watched Afterlife with my daughter this afternoon,wasn't expecting much thought gervais my have lost his touch was the best piece of tv i've see in years,we watched the whole series gervais was absplutely superb,it was that funny i think i will have tp watch it again over xmas,also a tee jerker as well.

Star Wars: episode 9....20-25 minutes too long ( too much light sabre fighting with the same people) but nice to see the old faces.
Wouldn't be a 12A in my world but.....

Trailer for 1917 looks fab.

Finally got to see Game of Thrones series 8 which has, along with the political situation in this country, left me totally depressed.....

Well I’m watching the Lion King for the first time. Can’t say I’m enjoying it much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it for the first time at Christmas; didn't know it was on the telly so bought the dvd of both films. Everyone wanted to watch the latest one but I wish we'd seen the cartoon first. It didn't grab me the way most Disney films do.

No - I think that’s it, it’s just not as instantly likeable as most of them. Guess it’s because it’s a) not so “fluffy” as a lot are, and b) because I was mostly distracted by how they can all be friends when most are food for others...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like 'Spirit'; probably because it reminds me of my favourite book from childhood, 'Ghost Horse' by Joseph E Chipperfield....

...Worzel Gummidge was very good albeit being very creepy....[reminded me in parts of 'The Living and the Dead' which sadly hasn't been commissioned for a second series]….

WG was a real disappointment, never bothered watching part 2. I've liked Mackenzie Crook in what I've seen of his previous work, The Office and Detectorists were top stuff.

Back