What are you watching

Seven days in Beirut on Aljazeera the only news channel worth watching,think its repeated this week on the channel..

Just finished watching all the bw and colour series of Callan, for me it's far better than most stuff on at the moment.

Just caught up with the first part of White House Farm. How could anyone be that heinous?

Ooh - I’ve got it recorded to watch today - is it good? It looks quite harrowing potentially, but very well acted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just caught up with the first part of White House Farm. How could anyone be that heinous?
For me this is a part difficult part strange watch. This is due to family connection as the wife was related (albeit distant) to my family. I remember it so clearly and her brother who I believe found the silencer that proved his guilt used to be in constant contact with my father any time an appeal was made by Bamber. I have no doubt that he was guilty and indeed the brother used to tell us stories from his youth that indicated he was on a path to self (and obviously others ) destruction.
I will be interested to see the rest and whether they will show flashbacks before as I thought Cressida Bonas excellent as Sheila (Bambi) and would like to see more of her in it.

Ooh - I’ve got it recorded to watch today - is it good? It looks quite harrowing potentially, but very well acted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second part on tonight and yes, it is quite harrowing

For me this is a part difficult part strange watch. This is due to family connection as the wife was related (albeit distant) to my family. I remember it so clearly and her brother who I believe found the silencer that proved his guilt used to be in constant contact with my father any time an appeal was made by Bamber. I have no doubt that he was guilty and indeed the brother used to tell us stories from his youth that indicated he was on a path to self (and obviously others ) destruction.
I will be interested to see the rest and whether they will show flashbacks before as I thought Cressida Bonas excellent as Sheila (Bambi) and would like to see more of her in it.

Bamber still putting in appeals all these years later. Surely he is guilty though, would be awful to think that Bambi did it. It is of course shocking either way but gripping stuff, especially for those of a certain age who remember it well.

Following weeks of badgering from Mrs O, I finally watched The Two Popes tonight on Metflix.

Wow!

I had asked her not to tell me anything about it and I watched it fearful of what it might say.

It was nothing like what I anticipated.

I would hate to think one needed to be Catholic to appreciate it and I would recommend it to anyone of any or no faith.

I look forward to seeing it again when I'm in a position to see it with unimpaired vision.

Went to see 1917 at the cinema last night: visually stunning. Nicely told. Not sure if the leading guy pulled it off but....4 very mega cameos. Would recommend going to to see it on the big screen.

I was supposed to go and see this twice this week but gales (and driving past trees not a recommended idea) rather made me abandon that. Still hoping to see it next week.

The Trial Of Christine Keeler has been worth watching; Sophie Cookson was very good in the role of Keeler - she's an actress to look out for. Or should I be calling her an actor in these ott equal equality days? :(

Another excellent programme also on at 9 pm, watched on channel 4+1 (now on freeview 15, changed from 13) was SAS Who Dares Wins; brutal stuff and now I've got into it, unmissable.

SAS Who Dares Wins; brutal stuff and now I've got into it, unmissable.

I can't do this kind of stuff any more. Must be an age thing.

I think Saving Private Ryan was a turning point for me. I was riveted by the film first time round but next time I saw it on DVD at home I was glad to get over the opening 20 minutes and enjoy the rest of it.

I'm still happy to watch it but now I always skip those first 20 minutes. It's just too much for me.

I'm at the stage where I watch films to be entertained, rather than upset, by them.

The Trial Of Christine Keeler has been worth watching; Sophie Cookson was very good in the role of Keeler - she's an actress to look out for. Or should I be calling her an actor in these ott equal equality days? :(

The documentary on BBC2 immediately following this was very worth watching too. The two of them set up it seems. Files on Ward classified until 2046.

The documentary on BBC2 immediately following this was very worth watching too. The two of them set up it seems. Files on Ward classified until 2046.

I missed part of that so got Mike to watch it for me last night. We both decided that we needed to watch it again as there was so much to take in. It was fascinating. I also need to watch Dracula.....making a point of going to the cinema again now that the new dog can be left on her own for a few hours. Saw David Copperfield [ok'ish] and 1917 [excellent] this week.

Saw 1917 last night and as you say excellent. Was planning on seeing David Copperfield next week as it looked quite funny?

I'm really not sure about David Copperfield [ then again I didn't like The Death of Stalin either]. But they showed a trailer for it before 1917 and I thought how good it was and that surely I should have liked the film more. Maybe all the funniest bits are in the trailer which is why I found the film disappointing; also I kept trying to work out how much the film had veered away from the book.The other people in the cinema were laughing their heads off, so it must be just me [just an old misery...]. Having said that I would like to watch it again on dvd when it comes out. If anyone wants to make a really funny film about a Dickens book they should do The Pickwick Papers which is pure comedy. By the way, has anyone else been traumatised by an advert for the Born Free Foundation that was shown before 1917? If you haven't seen it, be warned. It's brutal.

The beleaguered beeb have excelled themselves recently. I thought the remake of Scrooge was excellent, though spoilt by the seemingly de riguer inclusion of a sprinkling of the f-word: it ain't tough and it ain't clever

Enjoyed Worzel Gummidge, Dracula and Christine Keeler too

They still do drama so well, concentrate on that and leave News and Sport to the plethora of commercial channels and online outlets

Back