What are you watching

I saw Belfast

It's a nice movie but a bit too nice

I don't like kids so seeing an entire movie through the eyes of one left me feeling it was a bit too watered down and lacking any real rawness to the time

I'll probably go and see it anyway as I just love Branagh. I know he's not in it but.....

Previewed on a radio station earlier today: 9 o'clock pm Thursday BBC2 Survivors: Portraits Of The Holocaust. Commissioned by HRH Charlie apparently, people who were obviously children at the time and some of the last survivors. Sounds worth a view.

Kids are like farts. I can just about stand my own.

I got in a lot of trouble at soft play for saying that I don’t want to look after someone else’s child because I dont like children - I don’t like mine much some of the time, let alone others [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got in a lot of trouble at soft play for saying that I don’t want to look after someone else’s child because I dont like children - I don’t like mine much some of the time, let alone others [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

:) Princess Anne once retorted to someone who was bemoaning her lack of hands on when on one of her Save The Children trips; ' one doesn't have to like children to want to give them a good start/best one can in life' - that was before she had hers. She was silly young when she took that on.

For anybody wondering - Nina Carberry made it through week 3 ( first week someone leaves) of Dancing with the stars with 25 points for her Rumba.

Go Nina !!

Previewed on a radio station earlier today: 9 o'clock pm Thursday BBC2 Survivors: Portraits Of The Holocaust. Commissioned by HRH Charlie apparently, people who were obviously children at the time and some of the last survivors. Sounds worth a view.

If you didn't see this, I urge you to watch it. Absolutely remarkable people. I struggle with 'things' about holocaust, and will be honest almost didn't watch it because of that, and I cried to myself throughout most of it because of these remarkable people. One can't just imagine. Can only hope that no one, whatever creed or religion, colour or beliefs, ever have to live through anything like that time ever again.

The Responder currently on BBC1 with Martin Freeman is excellent. Written by a former cop, you get the feeling this is a very accurate portrayal of life as a copper in Liverpool. Freeman in probably his best ever role to date.

The Responder currently on BBC1 with Martin Freeman is excellent. Written by a former cop, you get the feeling this is a very accurate portrayal of life as a copper in Liverpool. Freeman in probably his best ever role to date.

Tim wins.

TV

Finished Season 2 of Succession - excellent
Currently half a dozen episodes away from finishing Vikings. Season 6 a bit of a grind.
Starting Ripper Street on Prime. Been a few years and I didn't catch the last season but Macfadyen's excellent performance in Succession has me wanting to revisit
Also starting Spiral on BBCiplayer this evening. Heard lots of good things.

Succession season 3 and Ozark season 4 are on deck.

Ripper Street is very good. Similarly good was Whitechapel with Rupert Penry-Jones, very, very well done and good edge to it.

Nothing on last night so watched Secret Army; a huge hit many years ago, but really stands up. Fab cast and well done.

I loved Ripper Street. Because I can only watch most series on dvd I usually have several seasons to watch all at once. Not good when you’re a bit of a binge watcher like me ( good job I’m retired and semi nocturnal). Heard good reports of Ozark. I liked the actress when she was in Lorenzos Oil. Just finished Britannica season III. What a romp!

Just watched The Most Beautiful Boy in the World. I’ve seen many terrible films and I’ll never get that time back. But I’ve realised that I’ve yet to see a bad documentary. How they get so much archive footage and put it together in such a mesmerising way is beyond me. I guess there’s a tried and tested formula to making documentaries.

Just watched The Most Beautiful Boy in the World. I’ve seen many terrible films and I’ll never get that time back. But I’ve realised that I’ve yet to see a bad documentary. How they get so much archive footage and put it together in such a mesmerising way is beyond me. I guess there’s a tried and tested formula to making documentaries.

Finally got round to seeing Belfast at the cinema yesterday. My friend and I really enjoyed it. I struggle with catching all the dialogue but that didn't detract from it. All round very good cast. Nicely shot. Both of us had tears in eyes at the end.

I thought I’d missed the boat with Belfast but I’ve found a cinema that’s showing it in a couple of weeks time. First time I’ve been anywhere like that for over two years.

Back