When will racing resume?

attachment.php

What a beautiful view of racing that is

Attachments

• medium_Pz9TqjVdBHgzPexSL9hty-KjKj7mjILnuwsr8NCflfc.jpg
    medium_Pz9TqjVdBHgzPexSL9hty-KjKj7mjILnuwsr8NCflfc.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 169
Yes not a picnic blanket/hamper/empty bottles discarded/groups of literally lager swilnging louts/bodies sprawled all over the viewing steps wearing half an outfit

I see a few trainers are calling for Nick Rust to resign immediately rather than at the end of the year - let's hope he takes the hint; the guy has never been up to the job.

My 'info'came from Sky Sports last night, but wasn't confirmed anywhere I could see?
Bugger!

Last edited:
Not sure about this now as French PM has just announced the French sporting season is now over until September, banning all sporting events

It wasn't the PM it was the sports minister. Racing is not under his purview.

Just read that France will start easing lockdown restrictions on May 11 - hopefully, that is not a coincidence.

It was the PM but it’s correct that horse racing is classed as agriculture rather than sport. Strange but in this case, good news.

I remember during the drought of...… few years ago, racecourses were allowed to water here as classed as agriculture so is that not the case in the UK now?

With the Irish government leaking all week that they will be extending the lock down we are unlikely to be seeing Irish racing as soon as I had hoped.

Last edited:
The Irish government has published a plan for returning to “the new normal”. At first glance, if racing comes under the heading of sport, there will be no resumption until the end of June.

However it could plausibly come under economic activity, which can resume under certain conditions on 2nd June. Or it could even come under the heading of outdoor work, some of which resumes on 18th May.

Take your pick. HRI has said it will seek clarification in the morning.

Back