World Cup Group C

What I found strange about this game was the bias that the commentary team showed towards Greece. Early on they were following the usual line about the negativity of the Greeks and as the game went on Keogh became almost a cheer-leader for them!:blink:

What I found strange about this game was the bias that the commentary team showed towards Greece. Early on they were following the usual line about the negativity of the Greeks and as the game went on Keogh became almost a cheer-leader for them!:blink:

I've wondered about one or two of the commentaries in that respect. Thought it was maybe just me. The commentary (highlights) by the BBC was, I'd have to say, a lot more measured (based on limited evidence, admittedly) and unbiased during the England game than ITV's.

We're dealing with people who will find a way to misconstrue anything to satisfy their lust for personal insult because they can be anonymous on a forum. You are inviting me to indulge them.

They will say things they would never dare to say straight to one's face.

My tongue was in my cheek - misguided attempt to add some levity to a divisive interaction. I'm out. Apologies.

We're dealing with people who don't understand levity, irony, etc.

Had the thread been more lighthearted all round that would have been different.

Allow me apologise for my tartness.

Back