World Cup Group D

What do you think of Suarez and possible impact he could make though? England's defence is gash.

I actually answered that question to a mate over email this morning.

Sure, Suarez might jump off the treatment table and do his magic.

But I have seen enough injury comebacks to know that this is a very rare occurance, particularly when it's a seemingly rushed comeback with a big-game deadline.

It is football, so anything can happen. But I can't see it.

As Far as I know, Suarez's injury/surgery was exactly the same as Vidal from Chile. They both had minor knee surgery for a meniscus injury.
Big difference is Vidal had his Surgery on the 7th May, over weeks before Suarez had his Surgery on 22nd May.

Bearing that in mind, Suarez should have no chance of being fit tonight. Vidal is over 2 weeks ahead of him in the process and he needed an hour on the pitch in the first game(Suarez not even had 1 minute) to run off the ring rust ... Vidal was much better last night but probably still not fully match fit.

Anyone think it's a smoke screen by Uruguay... Anyone think Suarez won't start?

I actually answered that question to a mate over email this morning.

Sure, Suarez might jump off the treatment table and do his magic.

But I have seen enough injury comebacks to know that this is a very rare occurance, particularly when it's a seemingly rushed comeback with a big-game deadline.

It is football, so anything can happen. But I can't see it.

That is what my rational side tells me.

The thing I keep thinking is are Uruguay really as bad as their first game? Because if they are, England will take them to the cleaners. And evens still a good price.

I may also add England to my outright portfolio - I like their route to the semis.

Last edited:
As Far as I know, Suarez's injury/surgery was exactly the same as Vidal from Chile. They both had minor knee surgery for a meniscus injury.
Big difference is Vidal had his Surgery on the 7th May, over weeks before Suarez had his Surgery on 22nd May.

Bearing that in mind, Suarez should have no chance of being fit tonight. Vidal is over 2 weeks ahead of him in the process and he needed an hour on the pitch in the first game(Suarez not even had 1 minute) to run off the ring rust ... Vidal was much better last night but probably still not fully match fit.

Anyone think it's a smoke screen by Uruguay... Anyone think Suarez won't start?

I could see him not starting because they haven't said he would. However, he will want to start and they effectively have nothing to lose as they must win tonight or they're out.

Very confident England will win tonight, conditions much better to play football in too, gone for 3-1 scoreline @ 12's and 2 x scorecast's 3-1 Rooney & Sturridge 1st goalscorer both @ 45s....

Rob Harris twitter Uruguay line up:

Muslera, Caceres, Gimenez, Godin, Pereira, Gonzalez, Rios, Lodeiro, Rodriguez, Cavani, SUAREZ.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that England are going to win easily tonight could be in for a big shock.

I've hopped on too. I'll hunt Barry down if England don't win! All aboard. Choo choo.

England are poor. Too slow. My feeling though is if they up the pace Uruguay will tire. Ox woyld have been perfect now. what is the point of Welbeck? Bring on either Barkley or Wilshire and get a player on the ball 30 yards out.

Jagielka is not an international centre half.

Last edited:
Back