World Cup Group G

A big mistake, surely? Not saying he can't be great there, but with such a shortage of full backs and such options in the centre, it really makes little sense at all. Takes away a lot defensively and attacking-wise from ze Germans. Plus, he was desperate there against Ghana.

A big mistake, surely? Not saying he can't be great there, but with such a shortage of full backs and such options in the centre, it really makes little sense at all. Takes away a lot defensively and attacking-wise from ze Germans. Plus, he was desperate there against Ghana.

I never understood why he was ever moved from left back. He was brilliant there early in his career and it's a hard enough position to find quality players, yet for both club and country he was always played out of position. Even worse that he's now in midfield.

Agree totally re-Lahm, means that other specilaist midfeielders also miss out, bizarre, still if it means they don't win it then happy days.

I never understood why he was ever moved from left back. He was brilliant there early in his career and it's a hard enough position to find quality players, yet for both club and country he was always played out of position. Even worse that he's now in midfield.

According to wikipedia he actually prefers right back. He always seemed more dangerous to me on the left when cutting inside onto his right foot, certainly seem to remember a lot of this from the 2006 World Cup. He's also perfectly able to provide a good cross with his left foot.

Playing on the right probably improves the standard of the cross but would take away from the ability to cut inside and have a shot. Playing defensive midfield just removes both :blink::ninja:

The row over player fees had led to players refusing to train on Tuesday, prompting Ghana’s president, John Dramani Mahama, to send a plane containing £1.76m to Brasília for the players to share.

The deputy sports minister, Joseph Yamin, told Ghanaian radio station Citi FM that the players had “insisted” on cash payments, adding: “The government had to mobilise the money and a chartered flight to Brazil.”

I've covered on this at 11.5 as waiting on Germany for quite a bit. Obviously the US will score after 2 minutes and sink both.

Don't like Gotze so glad he's out. Would prefer Schurrle but these conditions will suit someone like Poldi.

You have to think USA-Germany looks a strong possibility for a draw. It suits both teams, even if the USA don't strike me as the type to want to play for one. I reckon it will play out like a friendly and either side will score if they can but I don't see either really busting a gut. 2/1 the draw isn't ungenerous.

I've doubled it with the draw in the other game at 4/1, not because I think it will necessarily be a draw, more because I'm not convinced the draw should ever be a longer price than a win for either team.

I think we had the discussion some years back but I still struggle with the logic of it.

No way Germany have played for a draw, and Klose substitution backs that up now too. Conditions very difficult...

I may lay off the 0-0 (11.5) shortly.. it has stopped raining too..

Last edited:
Surely Germany have better full backs available than Boateng and Howedes. They are truly awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back