York Ebor Meeting

The pundits on RTV are correct though, that was a good run from Gregory considering all that was against him today. The market will overreact and he'll be backable for the Leger.

Quality from Moore, Frankie left red faced.

Absolutely. Can never understand how it happens, but maybe Gregory surprised Frankie by taking too strong a hold when he was urged forward. Stuck with it then and might have done even more damage hauling him back?

Ruby Walsh didn't go as far as to say he'd have won but did highlight how unlucky AA was.

All in the game mate..AA punters got it wrong you got it right...Hope moore gives Paddinton as good a ride as the last I've put my 80 quid profit on him here.......Can't for the life of me see any reason why Paddington should lose.

Did my eyes deceive me or did Mostahdaf change legs about a furlong out and then find another gear for a few strides?

Themaxwecan looked to break down badly just before the turn for home in the stayers handicap just now. I fear the worst but hope he's okay.

Last edited:
Looks like the sectionals confirm excellent judgment from Dettori. I was seriously tempted to double down on my big bet when I realised that Dettori was taking the ride but my worry was the track and how front runners can be hard to peg back. I'd thought Paddington might try to control it from the front off soft fractions and I'm not convinced Crowley could have given Mostahdaf that good a tactical ride.

Screenshot (29).png

Chalk and cheese that to the Gregory ride. That said, was always going to be tough dropping back.

It was a common sense decision of a ride, executed nicely.
Good lad Mostahdaf.

The Volitguer was a prep race for Gregory.

Tense tomorrow now, I have Bluestocking at a nice price and Free Wind in a roll over. I need one of them to win.

I've bet Sea Silk Road (ew 28/1 Hills) - reckon she was caught too far back in a sprint finish at Haydock, and used up all her gas making up all the lost ground (c4/5l).
Trust TM will make a better fist of it today.
Saved on Bluestocking @ 11/2.

Last edited:
Saturday's card looks incredibly juicy. Ehraz to emulate Equilateral in the 6f handicap? Mutasaabeq bringing a different form line to the York Stakes? Both Shadwell, both Moore ridden with Jim still on the sidelines.

Results this week look like the ground and tough races at Goodwood took its toll on a few horses...Paddington and Al Husn included.

Nice to have a major meeting on consistent and predictable ground, though.
Been few & far between, thus far.

Last edited:
Been out all afternoon and only just caught the replays (at least the two big races).

Once again it's proving hard to come from the back even off a strong pace on this good ground.

Free Wind really should have won. I'm loath to say she got a bad ride but I do think she was unnecessarily far back in the first furlong and thereafter through the race. The gaps didn't come when they needed to and she might still have overcome all that if they had opened for her. Frankie will probably just say she was unlucky but he was part of the bad luck.

Been out all afternoon and only just caught the replays (at least the two big races).

Once again it's proving hard to come from the back even off a strong pace on this good ground.

Free Wind really should have won. I'm loath to say she got a bad ride but I do think she was unnecessarily far back in the first furlong and thereafter through the race. The gaps didn't come when they needed to and she might still have overcome all that if they had opened for her. Frankie will probably just say she was unlucky but he was part of the bad luck.
I know you won't welcome it but - pace and draw apart - I see no logical reason why it's "hard to come from the back" on flat,fair track such as York?

Last edited:
I know you won't welcome it but - pace and draw apart - I see no logical reason why it's "hard to come from the back" on flat,fair track such as York?
On my phone so don't have access to my files but from memory there is definitely a pace bias on good ground over the shorter races in York - in favour of those who led or were prominent.

Back