2 Year olds 2009

Very disappointing Colin, can only think it was the faster ground for this daughter of Danehill Dancer? I backed Lady Lupus in that race and she is definitely one to keep an eye on when stepped up in trip.

i was sickened with the mile million backed Marfach at 90/1 on betfair only had €3 on but just came up short would have been a nice €3 bet all the same

Very disappointing Colin, can only think it was the faster ground for this daughter of Danehill Dancer? I backed Lady Lupus in that race and she is definitely one to keep an eye on when stepped up in trip.

Agree that Lady Lupus was staying on well and should appreciate a step up in trip. Mind you, it looked a very poor Group 3.

St Nicholas Abbey did it well and I was impressed although it's a little unfair how much talk there is of Sea The Stars simply because that fella won the race last year.

The Million Sprint was a funny race and I wonder how big an effect the draw had on it. Still, fair play to Hannon and he wasn't too far away in the Mile with Berry having traffic problems to boot.

Was that a first 2YO winner of the season for Oxx at Roscommon this evening? Mightn't be bad. Purple Heart looks a bookie benefit but there were a few others in there who had some form (from the Chabal and Crystal Gal maidens). The Oxx horse won it easily enough.

Not sure why they had the sprint course so narrow yesterday considering the field sizes? But in saying that I did not see the need for the jockeys all to come the stand side either if they were drawn out wide from the stand. Plenty of horses in the sprint will killed by the draw.

Nice winner for Oxx alright, some change around from last year with his two year olds - back to the norm this season! Weld is another to have a dire bunch of two year olds.

Weld is another to have a dire bunch of two year olds.

I fancied Stunning View before the Million Mile but when I saw it in the parade ring I changed my mind. I would never claim to have a good eye for a horse but it was sweating and didn't look the part atall.

By the way, I wonder did Ballydoyle make a mistake in running Air Chief Marshal in the Sprint rather than mile.

I think ACM would have went close in the sprint with a clear run...had no chance 2 furlongs out....but he is the type that could step up a good bit in form and surprise a few when he does go back up in trip (7 furlong maiden winner).

I'm still pissed off with the commentator who kept pronouncing the latter part of Layali Al Andalus as "Ann-dah-luss". FFS!!!!

Where do they get all these shit commentators and presenters from?! The BBC on Saturday was an utter, utter disgrace.

my information says godolphin bought him so doubt that very much. while certainly no-one can blame a small owner for cashing in - and we certainly do talk about good money here! - I do hate this, just read they bought emerald commander as well. where do they get their satisfaction from? from having the biggest chequebook?

Jan Vermeer looked a promising colt winning his maiden impressively at Gowran on Saturday. Particularly liked the way he picked up when Heffernan gave him a crack with the runner-up giving the form a solid look.

Jan Vermeer looked a promising colt winning his maiden impressively at Gowran on Saturday. Particularly liked the way he picked up when Heffernan gave him a crack with the runner-up giving the form a solid look.

Yes and the horse I highlighted before, Leo Gali, was only fifth. Form looks solid and def one to watch.

my information says godolphin bought him so doubt that very much. while certainly no-one can blame a small owner for cashing in - and we certainly do talk about good money here! - I do hate this, just read they bought emerald commander as well. where do they get their satisfaction from? from having the biggest chequebook?

Anyone any idea on what kind of cash they would be paying?

Those left in the Dewhurst after today...

Air Chief Marshal
Alfred Nobel (IRE)
Al Ghazal (USA)
Al Zir (USA)
Arcano (IRE)
Arctic (IRE)
Awzaan
Beethoven (IRE)
Black Snowflake (USA)
Bodkin Van Horn
Book of Numbers (USA)
Buzzword