2 Year olds 2009

I thought they would have waited for the Killavullan Stakes. He is out again so quickly, they must be preparing him for a crack at the BC Juvenile?

You'd think so Sequoyah. Also out tonight is Super Sonic Boom for Willie Mullins, he contests the nursery but was well beaten in Chabal's maiden on Irish Champion day before winning his maiden.

Ameer beaten for Godolphin in France today. Disappointing, I thought he would go on and be a potential Derby prospect.

Cicumvent the winner was beaten by Quadrille at Kempton and it will be interesting to see how the latter runs in the Hyperion tomorrow.

What did you make of Poet's Voice Hamm in the Middle Park?

I only saw a replay of the last couple of furlongs, but he didn't (doesn't?) appear to be the horse I thought he was. Saying that, i thought they'd let him stride on in his previous fashion but either he wasn't quick enough, or they finally learned to settle him and it didn't work.

What did you make of it?

I wonder will Godolphin end up with a pile of listed/conditions races class horses for all the quantity of 2 year old winners they have had. They really need to let Al Zir take his chance in the Dewhurst and lets see how good he is.

Vale Of York would have won the Royal Lodge without interference, he'll win the Racing
Post that's for sure.

The one they ran yesterday is very nice also, he should be a classic contender.

Ameer was a complete shock on debut, and won a very weak race, he's never been considered anything but a conditions / listed horse as you put it Hamm.

I fail to see how Vale Of York would have won the Royal Lodge - the winner interferred with him but was much the best horse. Regardless the winner himself is well down the pecking order at Ballydoyle.

Finished with her ears pricked, she could be very good, when she fully gets the hang of things. She'll probably appear in different colours next time?

Vale Of York just ran today at San Sirio in the G1 Grand Criterium, and didn't win, so will he go now for the RPT? The RP doesn't have the result up yet from the BF racecard it looked as if he might have been 2nd - it was hard to follow as almost nil liquidity

Xtension is the 2yr old I'm most interested in following! I'd love to see Clive Cox win a Classic, and/or the Dewhurst

Nice maiden at The Curragh today featuring the very promising Midas Touch and the Oxx/Tsui combination of Nebula Storm.

Unity caught my eye on debut at Leopardstown, coming home nicely from an unpromising position swinging in. Looked a nice big filly with a lot of quality beforehand as well and with the stiffer test today likely to bring about further improvement, 7/2 looks a fair enough price to me.

I'm also very interested in Lady Darshaan for the Guineas (half sister to Total Gallery)
Yard has a few nice yearlings in already

It's quite sad she would sell, as there is no amount of money Godolphin could offer that would have any material effect on her life.

There must have been serious money involved. Lady O'Reilly's hardly short of a few bob.

Not so sure about that, I heard Tony got wiped out during the banking crisis and he looked fairly shook when I saw him at the races. Also their horses seem to be campaigned more vigorously this season, perhaps orders where issued. Maybe someone knows something more.

Back