2000 Guineas

I'm struggling, so I'm going to back the stable fancy for Bolger, Oxx and O'Brien. Mug-punting? Probably, but at 7/4 I feel I've got three decent ones running for me.

First, third and fourth. Could have been better.

Last edited:
For what it's worth I think Mastercraftmans did not handle the dip at all and will win the Irish Guineas.

The Derby looks like it could be an awesome renewal.

Well done all those who got the winner.

Some excellent Derby trials in there too.

I reckon it will prove to be a well up-to-scratch Guineas.

For what it's worth I think Mastercraftmans did not handle the dip at all and will win the Irish Guineas.

Ran on really well once he met the rising ground against animals with far stouter pedigrees. I`m not gonna say he`ll be like Raven`s Pass, but Group 1`s will be there for the taking.

Not really. McM didn`t handle the course. RVW may well be heavily backed for the Derby despite the fact that two of the animals in front of him have more suitable pedigrees and have better form.

RVW is 10/1 for Derby..not really heavily backed...STS is the heavily backed one

and its debatable about either RVW or STS being best suited to the Derby

Watching it again, looked like they went slow enough early on and then really quickened it up from the 2f marker?

Watching it again, looked like they went slow enough early on and then really quickened it up from the 2f marker?

which makes a 120 sf more worthy, if they did go slower early it makes RVW effort very worthy too as he was closing on horses that were running with lots of petrol left

RVW is 10/1 for Derby..not really heavily backed...STS is the heavily backed one

and its debatable about either RVW or STS being best suited to the Derby

Both are entitled to be thinking about the Derby but Gan Amhas is the one to take out for that.

Crowded House is still there of course and the one I'm quite sweet on is Fame And Glory.

I was pleased with Mastercraftsman who I think will probably win next time out. RVW is likely to really come on for this.

Having said that I won't be opposing the winner in anything between a mile and 10 furlongs.

Last edited:
Sea The Stars ran a speed figure of 120 today, a good, not exceptional time. Not bad for first run.

I agree the speed speed figure probably wasn't exceptional but the performance everything considered was probably close to exceptional. he'l take a worldof beating between 8-10 furlongs and will probably compete at a bit further I guess. Not sure if I want himto go for the Derby.

like said though Steve, IF they didn't go too hard early then the sf is very decent..an even pace would surely have seen a better figure

any horse that closed late is worth watching - it wasn't easy to do that

just read this on tother forum

Sea The Stars may be the new Derby favourite but he wont go to Epsom. Why I hear you ask? Mourayan thats why. John Oxx is slowly but surely turning up the heat on this one for the Derby and he runs in the Derrinstown in the coming weeks.

what is the opinion of you guys about this?

Back