2008 Arc

Any forecast updates at Paris Longchamp? Going is currently Good To Soft. 19 left in the race after this morning’s forfeit stage.

No chance of a French whitewash this year?
(un maquillage de la vérité? nope, that means 'a cover up'!)

Zarkava, Getaway and, of course, that standout for 3rd: Blue Bresil!
:)
Michael

I'll be furious if they get heavy rain, not only will it ruin punting but it'll make the weekend less pleasant! Every year I've been it's been a sunny afternoon and the rain stayed away till the Arc went off.

Any forecast updates at Paris Longchamp? Going is currently Good To Soft. 19 left in the race after this morning’s forfeit stage.

It's not raining yet today but looks like it will at some point. Yesterday there were a couple of small showers, but we got quite a lot of rain on Tuesday night.

I'm not too happy that the Clerk of the Course is saying anything up to 3.8 is OK, if it's 3.8, there'll be no DOM and Zarkava will be touch or go.

What I can't understand though is this: The trials were run on perfect 3.2 going, we haven't even had a shower in the 3 weeks since and some really hot weather. Then on Monday night with a week of forecast rain ahead, the Clerk comes out saying the going is currently 3.3. I said in a post somewhere before that the rain was never going to be a problem, only some over zealous watering, well it looks like that's the case.

Anyway I'll keep you up to date today and tomorrow.

Completely different, but for any of you going on Sunday. There was a film on Equidia last night about the course. During the war the course got bombed during a race meeting with 80 000 there! To avoid a riot though, they just dolled off the holes on the track and finished the card, unbelieveable !!!

Only Kamsin was supplemented after all.

The going for Saturday's racing is down as Good, but even though it's been sunny this morning it will more than likely be on the soft side of good if we get the expected downpour this afternoon

The times reported Ryan Moore has chosen to ride ask instead of Papal Bull - can anyone confirm as I haven't seen this elsewhere.

Euro could you please see the CC standings thread in Comps and pm me replies or post above, thanks - your pm box is full!

Same here. No doubt that Youmzain is the best value currently in the race but the stats do point to the Niel winner big time. Given the price it would be silly to at least not cover with him.

Soldier of Fortune was going to be my main bet of the season, but my confidence has wained since they felt the need to keep Duke of Marmalade in the race. Even if he is withdrawn now it will be because conditions are not suitable for DoM rather than a display of confidence in SoF.

He's still my choice, but a bog standard interest bet rather than a greedy sweaty palms one.

Serious?

How will ride Papal Bull? A mistake I feel by not booking Peslier immediately after Niel..

Fallon/SOF

I remember Fallon interviewed on telly last year saying he wish he had chosen SOF over DT given the ground that day.

What does he know!

The ground is still reported as "Good" with the clerk of the course saying it would take more than 10mls to ease it.

Back