2010 Two year olds

Do you mean the National?

Regardless - what are they thinking of entering him in a conditions race after his maiden win?!

Last edited:
Yeah both he and Pathfork supplemented for the National Stakes. It is absolutely bucketing down right now and the forecast is pretty unsettled.

Cheers. Interesting ... I think once it's not too soft he will be very hard to beat - he looked an absolute machine at Newbury.

Sorry sorry sorry - I am getting confused. Sammid is not supplemented for this, the other Godolphin horse is.

Surprised though you would think a horse that has won a maiden would beat the likes of Zoffany and co...

Not sure of it by any means of course, just I have not seen a better maiden winner this year - looks a real prospect, and very professional for one having its first run, so a lack of experience wouldn't be a worry.

I certainly wouldn't, or rather won't, be backing their actual runner.

Can I go back to my point about why in god's name Saamidd is entered in a conditions race?! Crazy.

Would have been a big ask lumping Saamidd into the National Stakes no matter how impressive, couldn't see him troubling this bunch yet.

However, I see your point and can't see why they aren't running him in the Champagne or something. Conditions race is a bit of a joke.

I would usually be of the same opinion, but we have yet to see any very decent 2 year olds who you can say will definitely be near the top of the tree at the end of the year (unless they improve) - DE may have been the one in this race - does anyone know why he is not running?

Can I go back to my point about why in god's name Saamidd is entered in a conditions race?! Crazy.

I can't see what's "crazy" about it. Presumably, they think he needs a bit more experience before they step him up in class.

Saamidd is the best maiden winner i've seen as well. He should be going for a group race with the acceleration he showed.

I reckon Zoffany is the best 2yo on form this season. The Coventry was a write off, he got knocked about all over the place during the race.

How on earth is Trade Storm 50/1 for the Gimcrack tomorrow?!

He won a maiden which has worked out pretty well (Waiter's Dream midfield, bolted up today) and the time was very very respectable in terms of winning this race. The maiden has historically been pretty solid too (Arcano and Showcasing last year).

He's about five times the price I've have him in at. Usual unfashionable yard having a horse massively overpriced.

Runs in the 3.45 Goodwood. I could not resist following in again at 9/1.

Genius Beast reappears for Godolphin tomorrow. Would be really, really great for this one to do well being out of Shawanda.

I'll have a shot at pricing it.

Pathfork 7/4
Zoffany 3/1
Janood 6/1
Glor na Mara 7/1
Casamento 9/1
A Word Apart 14/1
Samuel Morse 20/1
High Ruler 25/1
Rudolf Valentino 40/1

I cannot believe Pathfork is not favourite. Glor Na Mora should be 33/1, he has no chance.

In my opinion Zoffany should be clear favourite. I think he will muller Pathfork, who contrary to everyone on here it seems, I wasn't that impressed with.

That would be the same Zoffany that was beaten out of sight at Royal Ascot. He has been well placed to pick a couple of handy listed and Group 3s. Pathfork on the other hand won what now looks a fairly good maiden and won in some style last time out, For me it is a no brainer, Pathfork wins.

Back