2010 Two year olds

Will be near favourite if not clear favourite for the Guineas after that. Looks a very classy colt - roll on the clash with Zoffany in the National Stakes.

What's the Dunboyne Express news? Will he be lining up there too?

I still think a lot of Libranno despite the fact his Richmond victory doesn't look amazing and he was only workmanlike there, it'll be interesting to see how he fares in the Morny tomorrow.

Morny looks a very good race with Libranno and a few other British trained entries and the 1-2 from the Prix Du Bois in there in Keratiya and Irish Field.

Thought Irish Field was unlucky not to win that day and he's since followed up, he'll take a bit of beating but worried that he's changed trainers and moved to John Hills (following a sale to race on in HK) whilst the filly Pontenuovo was impressive over CD last time out in the Prix De Cabourg and Soraaya representing the British fillies in the race also.

Martin

What's the Dunboyne Express news? Will he be lining up there too?

Would be great if he did turn up too but I think Pathforks performance today is the best by a two year old all season and take his defeat of Samuel Morse today more reliably than DE's victory over the Ballydoyle colt in soft ground.

Will be near favourite if not clear favourite for the Guineas after that. Looks a very classy colt - roll on the clash with Zoffany in the National Stakes.

He's not in the National Stakes (of course he could be supplemented). Dewhurst and Beresford mentioned by Jessie. There'd be no point going for the latter surely, having already won a Group 2.

She also mentioned that the owners are keen to go to the Breeder's Cup. They are from Kentucky.

By the way, Bolger has said that Glor Na Mara will head for the National Stakes next.

Dream Ahead very impressive in taking the Prix Morny - they did the old three groups trick again down the straight course and the centre group (with Dream Ahead in it) had a pacemaker for most of the race, thought Tin Man ran on well whilst Libranno (near side) disappointed as did the Channon filly and it looks a shrewd bit of business by Irish Field's former owners in selling him to race on in Hong Kong.

I only happened to catch his maiden and was really taken with him but forgot about him since. But when ATR starting talking about a son of Diktat, who had won at Nottingham, after the race it all came back to me!

William Buick is doing alright isn't he?!

Riding Group One winners in Chicago and only 15 hours or so later, riding another one in Normandy. Not a bad few hours work!

Anyone thinking of backing Pathfork for the Guineas should be aware that an article in today's Post has the owners talking in terms not only of the Breeders' Cup but also the Kentucky Derby.

Nice one.

I hope they don't mess up Pathfork by going to the States...surely if he is in training in Europe he should be given a European campaign to establish himself first.

A raw comparison of the times for the Curragh on Saturday seems to confirm my suspicion that the Futurity was run at a fairly moderate gallop.

For all that he pulled early on, I think Pathfork was probably well placed given the way the race developed. Glor Na Mara, on the other hand, should probably be marked up given that he was held up. I wouldn't rule out him possibly turning the form around under different circumstances.

I'd agree with that although he wasn't really making up any ground, he just started his run from further back.

I still think Saamidd is the most impressive 2yo winner i've seen this year and can't wait to see him upped in grade.

Don't udnerstand why Dream Ahead is not further towards the top of the guineas betting. That was a proper performance yesterday and he should probably be second in the market by my reckoning.

I would be surprised if Glor Na Mara ever got closer to Pathfork in similar conditions - just a better horse and looks to have more scope.

Granted - Pathfork could have been idling but you could probably view it both ways.

Anyone else got a view on Saamidd?

Back