2010 Two year olds

Well, he's bound to, isn't he ? TRADE FAIR's b*ggered off to Australia after being sold (I had a miniscule share in the yak), I've just given away a yearling by him - yep, I'd say it's all properly set up for anything by TRADE FAIR to sluice in....:cool:

How on earth is Trade Storm 50/1 for the Gimcrack tomorrow?!

He won a maiden which has worked out pretty well (Waiter's Dream midfield, bolted up today) and the time was very very respectable in terms of winning this race.

I'm not saying he's without a chance but I can't agree with you about the time of his maiden. I've got it a stone and a half behind the winning times of Approve at Ascot and Temple Meads at Newbury.

Hmmm I will have to double check my figures, I had very little between them and I generally discount Ascot times elsewhere unless they have another figure at another track to support it.

I suspect a stone and a half is a bit out but then I reckon my few pounds is also out.

I've seen where the discrepancy comes in, there is a very very low sample of times to calculate a standard time for the 6.5f course at Newbury which would explain the huge difference.

Are you using your own standards or RP standards Gus?

Crown Prosecutor for me think you can ignore the run last time at Goodwood all went wrong from start to finish. Like I said yesterday Meehans horses in good form and think he is an each way shot to nothing at 7/1. Elsewhere Candy's Girl at carlisle should win in the first im informed.

I'm giving up if I ever back a horse with Michae Hills on board again! The horse wasn't near good enough but watching him nearly fall off and run it up other horses would make you cover your eyes ... it would be very hard to back Equiano after seeing that!

Morny Field

Captain Chop
Dream Ahead
Broox
Al Aasifh
Libranno
Tin Horse
Monsieur Le Prince
Irish Field
Keratiya
Soraaya
Magic Potion
Pontenuovo

LONGHUNTER, ROBIN HOOD and PATHFORK? What is this, a child's woodland tale or a race card? :lol:

Last edited:
There was a day when, bored out of my skull, I made up a story using horses' names. (Oh, the tragic lives of us elderly spinsters!) Trust a man to think of a pub outing with them, though! :D

Not a bad list of horses to be have taken part or won recent renewals of this event that clearly is rated highly by O’Brien and Bolger –

2009 – Cape Blanco
2008 – Arazan and Westphalia
2007 – New Approach and Henrythenavigator
2006 – Teofilo and Eagle Mountain
2005 – Horatio Nelson
2004 – Oratorio
2001 – Hawk Wing and Sholokov
1999 – Giant’s Causeway

Surprised with Murtagh's selection...

[FONT=r_ansi]Glor Na Mara Manning, K.J. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]High Ruler (USA) Heffernan, J.A. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]Longhunter (GB) McDonogh, D.P. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]Pathfork (USA) Berry, F.M. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]Robin Hood O'Brien, J.P. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]Rudolf Valentino O'Donoghue, C. [/FONT]
[FONT=r_ansi]Samuel Morse Murtagh, J.P. [/FONT]

The two that are taking my eye are Pathfork and Rudolf Valentino.

Pathfork really impressed me on debut and I know connections rate him very highly particularly in relation to their good filly.

I might be completely wrong with Rudolf Valentino but I actually thought he could have been chosen by Murtagh - I think one of the Ballydoyle horses will prove to be better than the very busy Samuel Morse. RV actually beat Glor Na Mara on their only meeting (granted it was GNM's debut!!) but I think the step back up in trip will be a big bonus to him and I am hoping he will not be ridden quite as aggressively over this trip. 33/1 tonight with Paddy Power.

The 7/1 Samuel Morse is a maximum lay. I'd given Longhunter a go at 10/1, its worth chancing at the price. Pathfork's form took a nice boost witht he 4th winning this evening in the opener in Kilarney but 9/4 is what I thought he would be.

Market speaking positively for Pathfork and some money for Rudolf as well.

I've not hidden what a huge fan of Dunboyne Express I am and that form in general and I did think Rudolf was more priced up on the fact that Murtagh wasn't sat on him rather than his form. Had a small bet on him.

Back