2010 Two year olds

Misty For Me really should be favourite for the 1000 Guineas at this stage - no ground issues or temperment. 10/1 with Ladbrokes is tempting.

About O'Brien's recent 2yo runners:

Seville is useless. Beating Triple Eight by 5 1/2 amounts to nothing and the 3rd missed the break.

The 25/1 Long Live The King for the Derby is the worst ante post price currently available.

Last edited:
Does not have it in the book for me. There most be 20 more promising 2yo we have seen. Can anyone can explain the 25/1 quote for the Derby for Long Live The king other than the trainer?

Last edited:
What price he does not train a 3yo Group 1 winning colt in the UK next year?

Last edited:
Aiden O'Brien to train Group 1* winning colt in the UK in 2011?

1/8 Yes
9/2 No

*Any Group 1 open to 3yo colts

Misty For Me really should be favourite for the 1000 Guineas at this stage - no ground issues or temperment. 10/1 with Ladbrokes is tempting.

Agree, have backed Theysken's Theory AP for the race and whilst I think she had excuses at Ascot, I can't see her turning the Ballydoyle filly over. Backed her yesterday and was impressed, she really knuckled down and battled. Stunning looking horse too.

Misty for me was gleaming yesterday... Real gutsy win. I don't think she will win the guineas though, she looks a typical Galileo 10f horse. Her dam is a half sister to Fasliyev and a sister to 7f group 3 winner Kamarinskya. Similar profile to Cape Blanco who is by Galileo out of a speedy mare.

She may have inherited the speed needed to win a guineas but Nightime remains Galileo's only guineas winner and that was a really weak renewal run on heavy ground so I would be pessimistic about her chances. It's something to bear in mind with Frankel who has a similar profile to both Misty for me and Cape Blanco being by Galileo out of a speedy mare. Having said that the majority of her siblings, along with her mother were middle distance performers.

Last edited:
Not many Galileo's win over 6 furlongs and she has lay up with the pace comfortably on each occasion. Pace will not be an issue for her I do not think and being by Galileo out of a Storm Cat mare a faster surface should suit her just as well.

Galileo has produced Rip Van Winkle and but for Henrythenavigator he would have a dual Guineas winner as well.

O'Brien reports that Zoffany is done for the season after coming out of the National Stakes with a heel infection.

Picture Editor won at Leicester in a manner befitting a 1/14 shot, but looks like he could be a decent colt in much better company.

Gosden's colt Nathaniel hasn't had much luck, he has come second against this one and Frankel in his two outings.

I'd say PICTURE EDITOR has already been a decent colt in much better company, C/L, in his winning debut at Donny against 14 others, some of whom weren't the muppets we saw today. Brendan Duke's was a sweet little horse which'll do fine in Class 4s, while the 3rd has the worst action I think I've seen on a r/c, including ATTRACTION's! I'll be very surprised to not see him going on to some very good races.

Last edited:
Back