2016 Gold Cuppin

No response from Grassy. Apparently last seen buried in junk at the back of his garage looking for a crowbar!

Why? He's won twice by leading and been comprehensively beaten when he wasn't allowed to stride on. There's only one way they'll race him now.

Ironic that his best chance of beating Vautour is the polar opposite of the tactics they chose in the King George.

Yeah......I believe Ruby......I also believe the world is flat, and the moon is made of green cheese.

He'd want to be travelling like a dream more than a mile from home. How are everyone's knees?

:D

Last edited:
if he led all the way he hasn't got enough to finish a GC field off to be fair..his win today is 8/10llb+ away from winning this GC from what i can see...in a below par year he might place or even scrape on

.he's a better horse this year but has something to find to trouble the principles this time. They might as well go all in in the GC..take him to the front and make them run him down..he clearly relishes being in front..if they don't front run him there is no point running him imo. That way..if anything falls or blows its chances behind him..as today with Djack falling..he is in the right place

Last edited:
what to lead em Euro?

or are you talking winning?

he will have no problem leading em..and any arsing about behind might even prove costly..its no usebeing better than him but hitting fences or falling

99.7% finishing effort suggests a decent pace to me Archie,,that were no crawl

like said..on paper..others are better..but whilst he is bowling along unhampered..owt can happen in behind..better horses don't show best etc..fall..he wins

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. Grassy reckons he's be happy if Smad Place gave Vautour a tow for 3 miles.........If Smad Place is still leading after 3 miles then everything is likely in trouble and not many, if any, are going to be passing him

i think if the others don't meet problems..one of the priinciples will pass him imo..but lots can happen behind..as Willie Mullins knows..as most of his hosses that are top dogs..run from the front..its the best place to be in NH racing.

Look at Djack today..he could have been a 2 stone better horse than Smad..he still hasn't won..you only get one chance with a hoss like SP..get him in the race..get him where he is happy..and let the others worry about passing him..that were daft in the kg what they did

Last edited:
99.7% finishing effort suggests a decent pace to me Archie,,that were no crawl

like said..on paper..others are better..but whilst he is bowling along unhampered..owt can happen in behind..better horses don't show best etc..fall..he wins

Looked impressive enough to the naked eye

Alan king having one hell of a season by any standards.

Smad Place I would put in the Tied Cottage category; he may not be the best but from the front it will take the best at their best to pass him in the Gold Cup methinks.

Alan king having one hell of a season by any standards.

Smad Place I would put in the Tied Cottage category; he may not be the best but from the front it will take the best at their best to pass him in the Gold Cup methinks.

On ground similar to today's, maybe. On normal GC ground against a proper GC field, he just wouldn't have the speed.
Today's 2nd was murdered last year, and (with Djakadam falling) it was a very poor field otherwise.

You actually felt the need to check :lol:

Still trinna convince yourself :D

Whilst I am certainly guilty of being a tit, my actions were borne of disbelief rather than panic, Frankel. :lol:

Convince myself of what exactly, though?

That Vautour will run in the Gold Cup? Surely that much is already self-evident?

That he will stay? It remains to be seen. I'm no wiser about his stamina than the next man.....I just view the mitigating factors more positively than others.

Regardless, why would a Vautour supporter be worried, when Djakadam has just fallen in his prep? Isn't it logical that Djakadam supporters are the ones who should be mildly concerned? I think you know the answer, don't you? For Vautour supporters, the Argento result was nothing but positive (and again, you know it).

Last edited:
Back