2016 Gold Cuppin

You agree then and are resigned to defeat :ninja:

You can still jump ship. There is still a place on the Djak - a - train :lol:

It wasn't a "Fair enough....I agree with all that".

It was a "Fair enough.....if you must insist on talking shite".

:)

after winning at Ascot

Owner Rich Ricci believes there is plenty of improvement to come from his horse and is looking forward to tackling the King George on Boxing Day.

He said: "I'd say he was about half fit today. He's jumped a bit left which can sometimes happens at Ascot, but he needed the run badly and I'm pleased with the way it went.
"I think we will get him fine-tuned for the King George and hopefully he is the horse we think he is. It was a great run and we're delighted with that.

its a fair point.. Smad Place seems better with more give than there was at Kempton..it was too speedy a test for him imo..and he didn't lead which seems key to him. I'm not convinced that flatter tracks against this level of oppo are his strength. He won at Kempton in November..but that was against 140+ hosses. If you go through his form..he loves soft ground and stiffer tests than even kempton is. He has been beaten at Aintree 3 times...again a flatter track.

Look at him on Saturday..as soon as he got to the hill he left Many Clouds in the weeds. His wins to me suggest a proper test at this level...Newbury Cheltenham Exter Ascot are all courses he has done well with decent dig in ground..Newbury is a harder test than Kempton even though deemed flat..that long straight there is very tough..i always think of Newbury as a real grinders course.

it could just be he didn't lead..just didn't like not being out alone in front

Half term report on RacingUK

Mark Howard on Smad Place: "He's tried at Grade 1 level 11 times. He's not won in 5 visits to the Festival. He's not a Grade 1 horse

thats stating the obvious I would think DG..my post was about why he may have run below form at Kempton..even if he isn't G1 level..he did run below his best...

he willl lead the GC field imo..and its then up to others not to meet any problems/fall etc..get brought down...and pass him..Djack failed to do so on Saturday..so being a better rated hoss don't always work out..if you don't jump

Last edited:
MH also thinks Vautour is at least half a stone better going left handed, but Jonathan Neesom has countered with "if Vautour couldn’t beat Cue Card at Kempton, how he will beat him at The Festival ?"

More than one reason why Jonathan

thats stating the obvious I would think DG..my post was about why he may have run below form at Kempton..even if he isn't G1 level..he did run below his best...

he willl lead the GC field imo..and its then up to others not to meet any problems/fall etc..get brought down...and pass him..Djack failed to do so on Saturday..so being a better rated hoss don't always work out..if you don't jump

It's asking a lot for 6 of em' to fall over though.

true

but you just never know Bear..owt can happen...but yes unlikely..please don't think i'm thinking SP will win..but he can cause other problems by setting that testing pace.

the biggest problem a lot of good horses can face is hosses going down or making errors in front of them..thats one thing SP doesn't have a problem with..no i don't think he is good enough..but his style of running can be a help is what i'm saying. He gets hosses out of their comfort zone mid race..when that happens..mistakes can creep in..Djackadam on saturday type mistakes. It only takes that to happen and one of the big boys could get brought down. It will be an helter skelter race imo.

Its going to be a bruising contest

Last edited:
The good thing about him being in the race is that we'll get a worthy winner. Gold Cup should be a true test.

i'll give you a guarantee Tanlic..if either CC or Vautour win the GC i'll never post sectionals for NH racing again..i'm that convinced re the finishing efforts that i posted 2 pages back that the times show both will fall short.

from now until the GC i will no longer mention the non stay issue..to me its 100% neither will stay based on the KG times. i'll stand by my figures..i can't nail my colours any stronger than that. If either do win..i'll reassess how i look at split NH times as clearly they are telling me wrongly

there you go..i can't really put it on the line more strongly than that

I read fair enough from gassy as I was leaving the page to land here. Don't care what he says EC I would not hold you to such a silly bet.

I respect your opinion even although I prefer my own LOl

You post sectionals until the cows come home cause occasionally you'll come up with something that make sense LOl

Seriously I reckon in this game unless you have a jockey marking your card every sytem/method out there ends up about the same.......some win some lose. So keep doing your thing mate. I want no part of you stopping doing what you do best.

I read fair enough from gassy as I was leaving the page to land here. Don't care what he says EC I would not hold you to such a silly bet.

I respect your opinion even although I prefer my own LOl

You post sectionals until the cows come home cause occasionally you'll come up with something that make sense LOl

Seriously I reckon in this game unless you have a jockey marking your card every sytem/method out there ends up about the same.......some win some lose. So keep doing your thing mate. I want no part of you stopping doing what you do best.

if i'm wrong about this i wouldn't have the confidence in findings to bother with splitting times for NH in future..its a bit of a test case now to me so will see what happens..I appreciate what you have said though

Last edited:
Would that be throwing the baby out with the bathwater though, EC1?

Better that you try and figure-out where you went wrong, than lose your faith completely, no?

Last edited:
You do your own thing EC anyone fucks with you Grassy and I will tear them a new asshole...............but the deal is we can call you a plonker they cant :lol:

i don't like how this going..its like i'm already wrong:D

no..this is one of clearest i've come across Grass..if its wrong i'll just reassess how i look at NH a bit..i'm trying to treat it a bit like AW re times and what have you because very few people look much at NH from the time angle. Its either really good..or the opposite..up to press i'm finding i look at NH in an easier light..and its been ok.

worse result will be a CC + V first + second...lol..i'd feel a dark cloud come around me if that happens

You recovered from Hurricane Fly quickly enough - you're made of sterner stuff.

PS. If Vautour defies your pace analysis and wins the Gold Cup, I'm getting an effigy of you made for my mantle-piece. ;)

:lol:

:cool:

Last edited:
Back