2016 Gold Cuppin

After spending some time on this last night I have now decided to put all my eggs in Don Cossacks basket. Watched the KG again and im sure he'd have won that had he stayed up. The hill will play to his strength and I see him taking it from Djack with Vautour third.

This thread has picked-up where the last 4 or 5 Champion Hurdle threads left-off. Tremendously unexpected fun.

hard to take the lines too seriously when he's an idle dosser who'll have an extra 2f to make back any lost ground

Lol was just thinking the same thing😂 and like the fly Vatour will leave many with egg on their faces!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

the day i worry about having egg on my face over a horse race..is day i pack in bothering

so ..if vautour loses..will you be deemed as having egg on your face?

really?

its just another race

Gold Cuppin

On his first run of the season? Against a Many Clouds who had the benefit of the Charlie Hall under his belt & allowing for the fact he raced with a slipped saddle for a circuit. I think he won easily enough considering the work it takes to get him fit because of his laziness.

It wouldn't matter if it was Smad Place, Many Clouds whoever. He's not a horse who's going to win by 15 plus lengths & be visually impressive. But he does keep winning doesn't he, granted by just enough but what's left in the tank. My guess, bundles. Look at the ears. Tons in reserve, he just hasn't had the need to call on that reserve yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Vautour not working well at the moment according to Ricci. He will not be running in the Ryan Air. "If he goes it will be Gold Cup only...for a place"

Gold Cuppin

Seems to be doing the twitter rounds anyway. Thought myself the Gold Cup or nowhere comment was strange last night tho he looked ok last Sunday in L'town. A lot can change in a few days I suppose!! Someone told him he'd have to beat DP up the hill over 3m2.5f and he got weak!! :)

Joking aside tho I really hope he gets there.
81eebe3987c55a4f56a7967a4bcfcbfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Current doubts about the horse and his well being and his work are very similar to the vibe surrounding him this time last season.

Last edited:
the day i worry about having egg on my face over a horse race..is day i pack in bothering

so ..if vautour loses..will you be deemed as having egg on your face?

really?

its just another race
No not all, I have never claimed that he will categorically win, I have simply argued that firstly he is the classiest animal in the field and secondly the question marks over his stamina are a red herring!

It is fairly common for the classiest horse in the race not to win the GC.

As for stamina concerns, I half agree. You cannot draw firm conclusions from the King George because he lost ground at almost every fence by jumping to his left. It's all about what price you have imo. If you're involved at double bubble like Grassy you have a great bet - isn't that what betting in conditions races is all about, getting the best horse in the race at a big price (think New Approach in the Derby)??
However at 5s he's not worth bothering with, unless you fancy an IR play.

No not all, I have never claimed that he will categorically win, I have simply argued that firstly he is the classiest animal in the field and secondly the question marks over his stamina are a red herring!

oh yes he is the best horse in the race..he's a 180 hoss imo..at the right trip..i said that straight after cheltenham last year when the oHR was way too low..he is one of 3 hosses i said will be 180 hosses this year..other two being coneygree+ DC..you not telling me anything i don't know tbh..i've been converted for a long time

the question marks over stamina..aren't held that strongly by many if he is favourite to win surely

i personally don't think he will stay...i make decisions about races everyday..sometimes i'm right sometimes i'm wrong..its just another race and decision to me..i'll probably back Don Cossack..but i will enjoy just watching the race rather than bothering that much about winnings..you can have a bet everyday on races..these are special races that i view differently to most on here..they aren't be all and end all of my betting life.

The stamina question is irrelevant to most people imo..most think he stays

We're in agreement so EC 😂actually my biggest bet is on Cooper to rode Don Poli @ 2/1 with PP any investment on the day will be minimal and like you say the spectacle will be the winner it really could be a race for the ages!

i have a question for people who believe that Vautour will stay based on the KG

How can he beat CC?..because if you take the view that both proved stamina in the KG..then surely CC is the better stayer. If you showed that race to someone and asked them which of the first two would win with just another furlong added at Kempton..most would say CC as he just gets up on the line..so you would assume give another furlong he would have been 2 or 3 lengths up

We're in agreement so EC actually my biggest bet is on Cooper to rode Don Poli @ 2/1 with PP any investment on the day will be minimal and like you say the spectacle will be the winner it really could be a race for the ages!

i am greedy though..i wish coneygree was in there too:)

Back