2016 Gold Cuppin

Gold Cuppin

This time next week Don Poli will be the new Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup Champion. [emoji1132][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gold Cuppin

Dont worry F. When Djak falls again, once all the presentations are out of the way The Don will come back down to help him back up, dust him off. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Admin, is there a shakey-head emoticon we can use?

:D

images

Admin, is there a shakey-head emoticon we can use?

:D

..............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

In fact, following the upbeat and bullish update from WPM today, I think all naysayers know.

5/1 the field - there's still time. ;)

i can't win either way Grass

if Vautour + Cue Card lose..no one will say a dickie bird about any figures pointing to lack of stamina..in fact it will be said..ooh it wasn't lack of stamina that beat em:)

if either one win,,all those that disagreed with analysis will be out in force taking the mick:)

whereas apart from your stake..you win both ways

if V wins..you will win..money + forum glory
if V loses...everyone will say...ooh hard luck Grass

i'm on a lose lose before the thing even gets started:D

i might have to do what Clive does when wrong...disappear off the thread:)

a week today we will know all the festival secrets

I can't believe you really see it like that, EC1.

Here is where your KG view differs from everyone else.

It is based 100% on scientific analysis; analysis that pays no heed to intangibles such as hope, expectation, chance, improvement, well-being, trainer-talk, Preview-talk, going considerations or any other factor which is not quantifiable in advance.

Whatever the outcome of the Gold Cup, your input into the debate should (and will be, I'm certain) be viewed 100% positively.

You bring a perspective which is based on cold, clinical, analysis, that eschews softer considerations detailed above. That approach is to be applauded, because it is outside the mainstream, and anyone who belittles your staunch position re CC and Vautour's stamina, is missing the bigger picture.

Everyone here is likely to call it wrong more often than they call it right. The grade of the race makes no difference - the Gold Cup just happens to be more visible, and those calling it wrong more likely to be noticably wrong.

I already know how I will respond the the Gold Cup verdict. When Vautour wins (;)) I will obviously be pleased, I will gently yank a couple of chains, and then I will accept this as a fleeting moment of success, as I fail to find the winner of the Uttoxeter National for the 20th fu*cking year in a row!

Despite the odd barney (regretably I'm as prone to get involved as most), I think the membership here generally respect each other's knowledge, and view a single race for the transient event that it is. Anyone suggesting the GC will determine some kind of 'pecking order', doesn't quite get what this - or any other forum - is all about, imo.

You have nothing to worry about - whatever the outcome.

Last edited:
i can't win either way Grass

if Vautour + Cue Card lose..no one will say a dickie bird about any figures pointing to lack of stamina..in fact it will be said..ooh it wasn't lack of stamina that beat em:)

if either one win,,all those that disagreed with analysis will be out in force taking the mick:)

whereas apart from your stake..you win both ways

if V wins..you will win..money + forum glory
if V loses...everyone will say...ooh hard luck Grass

i'm on a lose lose before the thing even gets started:D

i might have to do what Clive does when wrong...disappear off the thread:)

a week today we will know all the festival secrets

what are you on about? On here I domt stick neck out often full stop and it's you that flounces off like a big girls blouse when it's rightly pointed out that you are bonkers

Last edited:
cheers..i'm not worried particularly:D..i worry more about if the next sand dancer is going to win:)..for me..turf/aw are serious punts..NH not so serious..getting there a bit more now though

the jumps to me is pure pleasure to watch..i love the jumps..and if some of the flat analysis can intertwine into it adds more interest to me..both codes are a real hobby to me..they keep my mind sharp

the accurate measuring of distances have really made the jumps interesting to me now..added to that you get each day the rail movement amounts..means the NH game now is a real tonic for the anorak.

i expect some stick if i'm wrong...as long as its not nasty i'm ok with it..some people though take it too far sometimes.

what are you on about? On here I domt stick neck out often full stop and it's you that flounces off like a big girls blouse when it's rightly pointed out that you are bonkers

you done a bit of flouncing yersen on that presidential thread..Warb has handed you your arse enough on there:D

of course i'm bonkers Clive..i've got to be conversing with a nutter like you:D

you done a bit of flouncing yersen on that presidential thread..Warb has handed you your arse enough on there:D

of course i'm bonkers Clive..i've got to be conversing with a nutter like you:D[/QUOTE

really? I don't think so but go on threas and point out where if you like. Amongst the 10000 word posts of drivel

Last edited:
cheers..i'm not worried particularly..i worry more about if the next sand dancer is going to win:)..for me..turf/aw are serious punts.....

See......it's this shite that proves you're a fu*ckwit - not your opposition to the Vulture. ;)

:cool:

Last edited:
I remember on the old Neigh forum there was someone like EC1. He just used to post speed figures from fastest to slowest and that was how he saw it. It was very useful as an extra tool to help analyse the race but as Grassy mentions the intangibles have to be factored in as well.

I distinctly remember the year Sweet Wake was a short fav for the Supreme and he was absolutely adamant that he was the lay of the festival due to his recent impressive win being a complete jog & sprint. He then proceeded to put Straw Bear up as the alternative and promptly got ridiculed by numerous people. He was a neck from being 100% correct but would have got destroyed had Sweet Wake won. The point is he had absolute faith in what he was doing and was quite prepared to be wrong.

You've earned enough respect on here ECI to be wrong every now and then.

Last edited:
Back