2016 Gold Cuppin

Has Mullins been running his mouth off? It's all been Ricci as far as I've read. The Gold Cup or nothing comment was a bad one and I bet Willie had a palm to forehead moment when he heard that.

Has Mullins been running his mouth off? It's all been Ricci as far as I've read. The Gold Cup or nothing comment was a bad one and I bet Willie had a palm to forehead moment when he heard that.

quoted early this week in rp (and correct me if I'm wrong) that v will definitely stay the trip. Well if that is the case...

Its the fcking gc isn't it?

WPM like a rabbit in the headlights in that interview,awkward,embarrassed.There might be more to it than they are letting on.I never bought into we don't back our horses thing either.

I think he said a telling thing when he said they had decided ryanair..he listed the reasons and added."and we know he stays the trip"

now to me...why even mention that unless its the main reason he isn't running in the GC?..its bloody obvious he stays the ryaniar trip..that tells you that one of the main reasons is the staying issue..why not just admit it..but if he does that it admits he has been wrong for months

if he is only 90% they wouldn't be running at all imo,..its GC or nothing statement

from day one i wanted him in the ryanair as i think he would be electric in it...but the way they have dragged this out and misled isn't really how it should be. I don't do ante post but would imagine those that have will be f00kin furious

i have aways ignored trainer comments...and this epsiode is a classic example of why punters should not be hanging on their every word...punters are last on the list in this business..but any time i say something about a trainer decision i get..oh you know better than the trainer commment. Even after this epsiode..punters will still hang on the word of trainers..i don't know why..they aren't there for the punter

the way he just dropped it like it were no big deal out tells you that punters don't even register in this game.

there are lessons for the punter here that is for sure

it depends on trainer ec. I see no reason at all the ignore comments from those you know and trust

Last year the evil Nichols laid out his targets for each horse at a very early forum and you knew it was going to be bang on. He has a very good grip on his horses abilities

he was also clear about old guard at the weekend too

no trainer is going to be a 100% tipping line but I see no reason to ignore entirely.

aye,,fair point Clive..I just don't take much notice of any of em tbh..never have really ..it just muddies water..Nichols does appear to be more forthcoming with truths if forced to pick

i actually think the mullins ricci thing has been one mans will against the other...and rather than admit that they coming out with the not 100% stuff..might be wrong but reading between the lines it seems Mullins has had the doubts whereas Ricc has wanted the GC no matter what..Mullins has persuaded him against it imo..expecially now djak is back..you would have to say..no Djak..and V would have run in GC.

V has probably been a reserve in Mullins mind..but a deffo runner in Ricci's..imo

Last edited:
Maybe but he shouldn't have come out with the definitely stay comment early this week (and I will be corrected on that) if that was the case because there is no doubt who Mullins thinks is the more talented. Also Mullins must be more than keen for a gc so you would think mob handed?

can go over and over this but at the end of the day it is simply put its a stable not worth listening to.

the only thing to take from it is that Djak must be working the house down to not need a back up..could be the best of the week considering the level of hoss that has been stood down for him

I expect Vautour to be pulled from Ryanair. Saying he isn't ready for that is about they're only chance of getting out of it.

**** Mullins. A complete embarrassment of an interview on CH4.

Chris Cook pretty much sums up what the not so great man had to say this morning with all the relevant quotes, saves me repeating them.
A low point when it comes to dealing with the betting public.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/15/vautour-shock-switch-ryanair-chase-cheltenham-festival

To a lesser extent **** Ricci too. If they had taken him out of all races fair play to him as that is what he stated in a preview evening.
Now going for the Ryanair makes him just as culpable in this sordid mess. As the owner he could have just put the hammer down and said NO.
Instead we get morsels like "a 90% Vautour could still be good enough to win the Ryanair " and the sublime "I don´t think the betting public was hurt too much".

Were these wretches not the same ones who were bleating on about the poor prize money in jumps racing not that long ago?

Truly a sad day when you get to the point of actually hoping a horse loses as I unabashedly do when Vautour lines up in the Ryanair (if he actually does).

Last edited:
Betbright, Ricci's company, are paying out on Vatour as winner of the Gold Cup for any customers who had him ante post with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the horse's fault. I still hope Vautour puts in a superlative performance in the Ryanair.

True enough. However if the claim that he's only 90% is anywhere near the truth they'd be doing the right thing by the horse not to run him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just seen the Ricci interview and he says "the price for the Ryanair wasn't affected" when he said Gold cup or stays at home.Words escape me.To use a phrase of another forumite-the machine dictates the price.I haven't got a financial interest in vautor but I feel for anyone who's been put away.Ricci has been a shark in the business world,as jovial as he is......he don't give a flying fck for anyone who's been put away.

another way of looking at it..2 week ago he said GC or nowt..now it runs in Ryanair..only race a few of us thought were his best option anyway..Djak must be jumping out of his skin at home to make this happen.....so it looks like a vautour + djak double will help those who got stung ante post

reading between the lines..both hosses must be well ready to win imo

Last edited:
Back