2018 Gold Cuppin'

Thought I read somewhere Ruby expecting to be back in February ?

https://www.theirishfield.ie/ruby-w...ering-in-time-to-make-festival-return-331286/

He is hoping to have a smaller cast on his leg soon and aims to begin his physiotherapy in early February.

"The leg is good and seems fine. It's in plaster of Paris, so I can't do a whole pile with it, but it's not sore," Walsh told Racing UK.

"It's been just over three weeks now so I'm counting down backwards with at least eight and a half to 10 and a half weeks to go before I'm back (riding).

He's beginning early Feb physiotherapy, then back riding in another 1-2 weeks thats mid Feb if he's recovering well and end of Feb if not. 2-4 weeks to get in shape after a period of 3 months on the sidelines. Can happen but for a 4-day competition he needs to be in tip-top shape which I don't think he'll get.

Thought I read somewhere Ruby expecting to be back in February ?

Wasn’t Ruby at Cheltenham Saturday and interviewed on ITV (or did I imagine it?). Think he mentioned 8 weeks to a return which would mean mid-February alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That Ruby is not pushing his recovery means he is in delicate enough shape after all his falls through the years.
Not like any NH jockey to mind himself to that extent but he is doing jockeys a huge service by doing so.
Plaster Of Paris is really old school; makes you wonder why he did not use a light weight alternative. (maybe he did and just used the name)

That Ruby is not pushing his recovery means he is in delicate enough shape after all his falls through the years.
Not like any NH jockey to mind himself to that extent but he is doing jockeys a huge service by doing so.
Plaster Of Paris is really old school; makes you wonder why he did not use a light weight alternative. (maybe he did and just used the name)

Just my take on it, but if Ruby is motivated by prize money (as many seem to indicate) it would be in his best interests to concentrate on the Festival - and the lucrative prizes beyond?

Cut him then pushed him out again. He was miles behind and looked to make up ground like a greyhound but the other fellow stopped like shot tbh.

Need to be beating better horses before they can start talking Ryanair or Gold Cup

Yes, the leader probably got caught out by going a bit too fast, but even so it was a nice comeback for Coney Island under a well judged ride. Fingers crossed he's sound in the morning.

DSDAiUiW0AIBpNO.jpg

still a great race. really quite surprised they are lobbing yorkhill in at the deep end in his first race of the season.

What a spectacle awaits.

Let's see what's under the bonnet.

Winning a G1 fto would be a nice introduction to the GC market.

Have followed SJ since his novice hurdle days, what a race beckons

An absolute peach of a race this, one I'll be watching with interest rather than having a flutter on.

Be keeping a close eye on Valseur Lido, big things where expected at one point I'll injury. Will forgive this run regardless of the outcome being his first back.

If Yorkhill wins this, is he the Gold Cup favourite?

Money and eyes on Djak, 9s to make up a short head over 3 miles seems gold unless Mullins forgot to report he lost a leg..

Yeah, I've had to take that price. Obviously guessing to a certain extent but I'm taking it that he wasn't as fighting fit for the JD than he was in other years - he was quite big. Why would WPM do that? I suppose just a different approach to the horse's season.

Yeah, I've had to take that price. Obviously guessing to a certain extent but I'm taking it that he wasn't as fighting fit for the JD than he was in other years - he was quite big. Why would WPM do that? I suppose just a different approach to the horse's season.

He wa beaten pretty fair and square. Not sure he can reverse over any trip

Back