Dingo dollar 70
De rasher counter 75
Augusta gold 140 + 16.5 place
Domaine de l'isle 168

My main 3 are
Mount ida 33s
Mighty thunder 50/1
Court maid 66/1

Added ENJOY D'ALLEN 14/1 I never thought when I put this in my alerts that it would be a GN leading contender.
But going through the trends this horse fits most of them.
ESCARIA TEN 12/1 looks to have a good chance.

I've also had a little on FREEWHEELING DYLAN 66/1.

I think that's enough. 3 serious bets 3 good bets and about 9 £1 wins on outsiders.

I'm just about halfway through my pinstickers' guide for the family and I've found it quite a useful exercise in terms of refreshing my view of the form. I'm coming round to the idea that Escaria Ten could be a very serious contender off 152. While his form this season is okay as it is, his mark - in theory - puts Galvin in the race off 155 and you'd have to think Galvin would be a very short price with our knowledge of how much he's improved this season. Escaria Ten hasn't really been asked to improve - yet - so could easily find another 10lbs on what we know him to be capable of.

I haven't backed him yet but almost certainly will at some point. Well played to those who got on earlier at the longer odds.

I'm just about halfway through my pinstickers' guide for the family and I've found it quite a useful exercise in terms of refreshing my view of the form. I'm coming round to the idea that Escaria Ten could be a very serious contender off 152. While his form this season is okay as it is, his mark - in theory - puts Galvin in the race off 155 and you'd have to think Galvin would be a very short price with our knowledge of how much he's improved this season. Escaria Ten hasn't really been asked to improve - yet - so could easily find another 10lbs on what we know him to be capable of.

I haven't backed him yet but almost certainly will at some point. Well played to those who got on earlier at the longer odds.

Any Second Now 1lb better off with him for a photo finish. Hard to see how he reverses the form with Any Second Now having course experience.

I hope you post this on the forum. Plenty would find it helpful.

I hope you post this on the forum. Plenty would find it helpful.

I reckon it might be a bit patronising for this readership.

It's really aimed at people who know less about form than I do about rhythmic gymnastics and I want to give them an alternative to the type of pinstickers' guide you get in the national press.

I’m sure no one would feel patronised, DO. It’s the “greatest race on earth” - we would appreciate a doyen of the board offering an informed and in-depth write-up of the race.

I’m sure no one would feel patronised, DO. It’s the “greatest race on earth” - we would appreciate a doyen of the board offering an informed and in-depth write-up of the race.

But it wouldn't be that!

The very nature of it is that it is brief and superficial.

Never mind the write up, desert. Just give us the winner and the other six that are going to be placed for the extended places. Thx :)

I have put my thoughts and trends on my blog.
I will look forward to your thoughts D.
I wish others would post theirs.
I still think the horse by horse thingy on the sporting life site is very well written.

On the basis of how they have fared since weights were published Ben Linfoot concludes:

Horses well-in at the weights in the 2022 Grand National

Two For Gold +5lb
Éclair Surf +4lb
Fortescue +4lb
Fiddlerontheroof +2lb
Snow Leopardess +1lb

Horses wrong at the weights in the 2022 Grand National

Good Boy Bobby -1lb, Kildisart -1lb, Blaklion -1lb
Lord Du Mesnil -3lb, Dingo Dollar -3lb, Cloth Cap -3lb
Lostintranslation -7lb
Easysland -9lb

Have gone with Diese Aba (100), Freewheelin Dylan (75) and Dingo Dollar (70.).

Will probably back FOTR on the day (hoping he drifts from current price).

That will do it form me - save for annual haymakers for wife and kids.

So in the RP's card there are dashes in the price box next to Court Maid, Anibale Fly and Agusta Gold. Not seen anything re the latter two not running.

Back