2022 Grand National

So as it stands Commodore will be on the reserve list at worst. It’s like the year I wanted Vintage Clouds to get in and he was the last reserve to miss out. I spent my Friday morning glued to Twitter

My three

Deise Aba - A cracking price each way this one. He's never fallen, collateral form with Highland Hunter, while always staying on well in the races that he has completed. If can run into a place at his price I'd settle for that.

Phoenix Way - Fell last time out which is a negative for me, but he beat Fanion D'esteuval before that which makes him well handicapped on a mark of 146. Trip is a complete unknown but his high cruising speed means he should be fine for at least three miles!

Eclair Surf - Hopefully makes the cut at final dec's tomorrow.

Last edited:
I haven't backed Eclair Surf yet but his inclusion gives Emma Lavelle a duo (along with De Rasher Counter) that would be the envy of many 'bigger' trainers.

Another woman trainer winning?

I can see the TV scriptwriters working overtime between now and Saturday.

Looks like Farclas might be out too, going by the betting at oddschecker.

That would let Fortescue in.

Last edited:
I haven't backed Eclair Surf yet but his inclusion gives Emma Lavelle a duo (along with De Rasher Counter) that would be the envy of many 'bigger' trainers.

Another woman trainer winning?

I can see the TV scriptwriters working overtime between now and Saturday.

Did you do a rating for Eclair Surf Maurice?

Did you do a rating for Eclair Surf Maurice?

Yes. Among the best handicapped in the race but not clear as you'd hoped.

Interestingly, and I was hoping he'd get in, I have Fortescue slightly better handicapped and he will be a bet.

Yes. Among the best handicapped in the race but not clear as you'd hoped.

Interestingly, and I was hoping he'd get in, I have Fortescue slightly better handicapped and he will be a bet.

Interesting. I have ES 11lbs ahead of his mark. You presumably have him less?

Now betfair have a £1 minimum I've done

Top villa Ben 120
Samcro 140
Brahma bull 170
Poker party 180 + 32 place
Easyland 210
Dingo dollar 70
De rasher counter 75
Augusta gold 140 + 16.5 place
Domaine de l'isle 168

Yes, I think a few of the ones at three-figure odds have better chances than that. I mentioned Class Conti on the longshot thread but this evening I've added small win-only bets on:

Lord Du Mesnil
Domaine De L'Isle
Poker Party
Top Ville Ben

Bet365 doing their usual money back offer on each way bets (half total stake refunded)

Good old Denise [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best you inquire about an annuity from a finacial instutution Aintree don't do them and they won't be starting doing them any second now:whistle:

A switch to Snow Leopardess is highly recommended and a Fiddler on the Roof can provide the entertainment:lol:

I can see him finish in the first 4 along with Fiddlerontheroof, Snow Leopardess and Santini in no specific order.

Most likely to surprise..Cloth Cap

Last edited:
Best you inquire about an annuity from a finacial instutution Aintree don't do them and they won't be starting doing them any second now:whistle:

A switch to Snow Leopardess is highly recommended and a Fiddler on the Roof can provide the entertainment:lol:

I can see him finish in the first 4 along with Fiddlerontheroof, Snow Leopardess and Santini in no specific order.

Most likely to surprise..Cloth Cap

Thought I was the only one mad enough on here to be supporting Santini!

Back