Aintree 2016

he is definatley at his peak..GC is different though..look at SC..everyone thinks he stays forever..but when he had his chance he stopped like a brick wall was dropped in the GC after the last fence..the hill is killer there

i was surprised at how tame Ruby looked today..it was like UDS..he just accepted that was it about two out..GC has emptied that one out i feel for this year

this meeeting can be so misleading..cheltenham peak animals just fail here...and some that were just getting to peak there..shine here

We know all that but unlike sc, cue card loves the course and left handed (constantly overlooked factor)

yes the aintree form can be tricky but I terms of next years gc, the age stats are going to keep the price bigger than it should be

it wasn't a demanding pace by the looks of it..slow overall time so DP for a supposedly slow horse has done well in what would have been a late pace race

A tad surprised Djak came here after his Cheltenham and prep to get there.

Looks like CC going to Punchestown. Will make Cossack a backable price.

Ground looks very holding to me 20 seconds slow for Apple Jade l

on a line through Azzuri the O'brien horse has run about 2 stone below Cheltenham..she wouldn't be anywhere near CH Class at this time

i wouldn't hold too much store by the RP standards Tanlic. On Good ground the anniversary should be run in about 248 seconds over the newer 2m209y trip..old race was 2m100y ..its been run in 256.6 suggesting proper G/s ground

Ruby is setting the pace in the last two races and it looks to me like he is aware they aren't getting home in the ground. I wouldn't take too much from any of the races today.

So Far we got 2 mares going to win next years Champion Hurdle with no thought to what they are beating.....Annie couldn't have picked a better/easier year to be winning a Champion Hurdle I doubt if she'd live with Faugheen but that's just my opinion

Todays race could not have worked out easier for her. Looking back at MTOY career when did we ever see him fold like a pack of cards so far from home?

I can't bring myself to put that down to Annie Power that's a horse who just isn't what he once was.

MTOY surely an out and out 2 miler. Didn't stay the trip has to be a factor too. Annie was always going to relish that trip. Some would say it's her optimum..

just to add Tanlic..they ran 75 yds further than advertised in first...84 in 2nd.RP don't allow for that..they just use their basic standard as far as i know they don't adjust them to suit

no..these races are hard to weigh up..thats one of the reasons i like the clock in these instances..horses that win by 40 lengths are either champions or oppo has underperformed..the clock helps to decide that

Last edited:
Gawd knows what WPM must be thinking he clearly doesn't not have a top class proven stayer in his yard.

It turned out to be a weird race from the point of view did Ruby do the right thing running the race at a crawl.

I was hoping it would be a true run race but perhaps WPM thought he had a better chance of the pace was slow so Don Poli could keep up.:lol: Sorry but he is dreadfully slow.

Good to see Cue Card having such a good time of things a lot of which is down to Paddy Brennan's advise on how to ride him.

Maybe there's still hope for the old brigade next season. Cue Card is clearly better than Djakadam so it would appear only Don Cossack can stop him next year

if DP was so slow he would have been buried off that pace though..out back of telly job

Djakadam has run well below par imo..Ruby gave up turning in a similar vein to what he did on UDS..he knew it weren't his day

Last edited:
MTOY surely an out and out 2 miler. Didn't stay the trip has to be a factor too. Annie was always going to relish that trip. Some would say it's her optimum..

That's fair comment but really he came under pressure just as early was beaten just as easily in the Champion. The only difference was Ruby didn't push her to make sure she or should I say he? got over the last:)

just to add Tanlic..they ran 75 yds further than advertised in first...84 in 2nd.RP don't allow for that..they just use their basic standard as far as i know they don't adjust them to suit

no..these races are hard to weigh up..thats one of the reasons i like the clock in these instances..horses that win by 40 lengths are either champions or oppo has underperformed..the clock helps to decide that

15 or less finishers on Saturdays race is 13/8........that's the bet of the century

AP had every right to win like that..MTOY isn't a stayer and as KP said..he had never seen her looking better..and she truly stays the 2.5m

5/1 AP for next year race says it all....I'd rather take 7/1 she'll go WH next season if Thistlecrack goes chasing and Faugheen is back.

Why wouldn't she? as that's a worse division that the Champion and she did just get beat last try and she is older and probably has has improved stamina.

5/1 AP for next year race says it all....I'd rather take 7/1 she'll go WH next season if Thistlecrack goes chasing and Faugheen is back.

Why wouldn't she? as that's a worse division that the Champion and she did just get beat last try and she is older and probably has has improved stamina.

i'd rather pack in betting than back horses a year in advance tbh..not my game at all..someone else will say if thats good or not..i wouldn't have a clue

Back