Aintree 2016

There's a name we are not going to be allowed to forget at Aintree :)

Great to see Donald McCain get his name on the scoresheet.
His last big winner was 3 years ago at this venue in the grade 3 handicap hurdle

i'd rather pack in betting than back horses a year in advance tbh..not my game at all..someone else will say if thats good or not..i wouldn't have a clue

You have to take the chance if you believe in your won judgement and you see fantastic value.

I backed Sprinter Sacre at 22/1 20/1 16/1 12/1 and all rates down for this years QMCC.

Ok maybe I was lucky in the sense his heart trouble cleared up but I read about the problem and knew it was self healing and eventually it clears completely.

Add that to the fact I always said and believed that UDS had beat nothing and to me he was great value.

I will try and dig out a copy of a betting slip for 100 pound double on Sprinter at 10/1 for the Arkle and 25/1 for the QMCC<<<Not mines..a TRF member posted before the Arkle if memory serves me well

That guy picked up over 25k for 100 quid I'd rather pack the game in than miss these opportunities.

My best and biggest wins came at least 6 to 9 months before the race. Don't Push It 60/1 Zarkava 7/1 Sprinter 10/1 Arkle Zenyatta 6/1

Greatest feeling in the game when a plan comes together ya don't know what you are missing.

And NJH just had a 14/1 winner in the last :) No I never.I wish!!!

You have to take the chance if you believe in your won judgement and you see fantastic value.

I backed Sprinter Sacre at 22/1 20/1 16/1 12/1 and all rates down for this years QMCC.

Ok maybe I was lucky in the sense his heart trouble cleared up but I read about the problem and knew it was self healing and eventually it clears completely.

Add that to the fact I always said and believed that UDS had beat nothing and to me he was great value.

I will try and dig out a copy of a betting slip for 100 pound double on Sprinter at 10/1 for the Arkle and 25/1 for the QMCC<<<not mines..a="" trf="" member="" posted="" before="" the="" arkle="" if="" memory="" serves="" me="" well

That guy picked up over 25k for 100 quid I'd rather pack the game in than miss these opportunities.

My best and biggest wins came at least 6 to 9 months before the race. Don't Push It 60/1 Zarkava 7/1 Sprinter 10/1 Arkle Zenyatta 6/1

Greatest feeling in the game when a plan comes together ya don't know what you are missing.

And NJH just had a 14/1 winner in the last :) No I never.I wish!!!

i'm not missing anything though ..my bets are on the day backing horses with an edge..i'm quite happy thanks..and do ok.

we all bet differently..i'm not interested in other people's betting slips tbh..bores arse off me..some folk have orgasms looking at other people's betting slips..i never have..i have seen enough tears on here with ante post to convince me that those winning slips hide a multitude of losing ones where the horse never even ran...not for me tbh

i backed wajeez for the derby..a rare venture in AP for me..don't look like it will even run..that will be one of those slips people want to forget along with all the other ante post stuff i've got nil interest in

</not>

Last edited:
5/1 AP for next year race says it all....I'd rather take 7/1 she'll go WH next season if Thistlecrack goes chasing and Faugheen is back.

Why wouldn't she? as that's a worse division that the Champion and she did just get beat last try and she is older and probably has has improved stamina.

if they both stay healthy, and i wouldnt back that at long odds on as she's had problems and now faugheen has too, then every chance it could be switched the other way. faugheen has won over 3m.

I did say I would rather not that i was going to and I agree there is a choice they could make if Thistlecrack does go chasing.

Ony problem is with WPM is second guessing the man is a nightmare.

hello,i have been following this site for ages..never messaged before...i live about 6 miles from the track,the rain is coming from ireland on friday night,heavy showers too, if i get the rain ,good chance the track has had it..if it does rain, it will be soft ground on the national track,its not warm either,even if there is no more rain,no way it will be good ground. i have bet 13/8.. if the track catches a heavy shower, it be hard work saying 4 miles 2f.. due to the race starting at 5.15pm, rain maybe arrive at 4 pm, to help the under 15 finishers cause ha

Last edited:
I think I'm agreeing with both Tanlic and EC with the view that projecting Cheltenham form on to Aintree is dodgy as is projecting Aintree form on to the next Cheltenham.
Last year both Djakadam and Don Poli ran poorly after Cheltenham and they've had even less turnaround time this year. Although Cue Card had the shock of the fall to overcome, he would have had less taken out of him than the other two and, as an older horse, his recovery time is probably shorter as well. That said, I don't think that either of the Mullins horses will win a Gold Cup and would be best aimed at the National next year.
Apples Jade looked impressive but, if you subscribe to the theory that Ivan Gorbatov was well below par, she is still short of the standard that would make her attractive as a 5yo in either the Champion or the World Hurdle. Think she'll go for the Mares myself but it's way too early to know. Depends on she goes and how the others go.
Trying to second guess Willie is impossible because he genuinely doesn't know until the last minute. Even if he tends towards one course of action, he really is capable of changing his mind every other day. Makes it difficult if you're trying to plan to see your horses run but they usually run in the right race in the end.

the wind is not strong(7 to 10 mph) and it is chilly outside..if we get a heat wave tomorrow,it will dry up..i am banking on the heavy showers on friday night, we had them for the last few nights...i am taking a chance,if it does rain,you wont see 13/8 ..even it its good ground as you predict ,who says more than 15 is going to finish,the average is around 18

Last edited:
the Clark of the course,is predicting 2mm on friday night and 4mm before the race.. i will have to see what my bucket, on Saturday morning says.. ha.. i am just following that talic.. am blaming him,if i dont win... ha
regarding your anti post comment....
i have only bet 3 anti post horses in my life, 2 have broke bones before the race... i am never doing it again... but my 3rd anti post bet is many clouds at 25/1...it has 2 days to break a leg....

he's a good lad is talic..i like their youth better though... italic

i hope Many Clouds wins for you and there are few finishers..would make a nice day for you

Last edited:
Just in from work, enjoyable racing. Lost my nut on Don Poli again but love the horse and relish the thought of him in the big race next season. Such a good jumper.

Tomorrow please god Scu doesn't **** it up on Starchitect again in the first. Horse is due.

Waiting for the inevitable drift on Buveur D'Air as all the mugs pile on Limini.

thanks ...the national is not a race to pile in on..its just for fun bets...

No, it is a race to get wired into. One of the easiest races of the year.
hi.gif

Just in from work, enjoyable racing. Lost my nut on Don Poli again but love the horse and relish the thought of him in the big race next season. Such a good jumper.

Tomorrow please god Scu doesn't **** it up on Starchitect again in the first. Horse is due.

Waiting for the inevitable drift on Buveur D'Air as all the mugs pile on Limini.

Scu shouldn't be fuc*king it up on Un Temp Pour Tout
Lock of the day for me

thanks ...the national is not a race to pile in on..its just for fun bets...

when 365 do offers like they are doing and bookies that go 6 places and have an overbroke place book then it is totally a race to get heavy with

obviously shouting the winner is extremely hard

Didn't do the bookies too much harm yesterday but coming out on top today is going to be tough so I hope the 13/8 less than 15 pays off to cover my ass should the day go wrong.

Jonjo was expecting big things from Mad Jack Mytton this season and he got off to a good start when 2nd to Solstice Star giving that one lumps of weight.

He's got loads of ability and is an over a cliff horse for me so I will be backing him for a win and 5 places on the Machine.

NJH and Noel Fehily seemed to have made up their minds at no way could Buveur D'Air beat Altior and if you din't know better you could accuse them of riding him for a place.

Limini is going to need every ounce of her 7lb to compete with him today.

David Pipe's UTPT is fav to beat Black Lion but if the ground looks similar to yesterday this will take some getting and Black Lion is a real grinder. I just favour him.

I am only interested to see how close Gods Own can finish to Vautour (no Bet)

A friend came up with a strange one...Cheque En Blanc supposed to be very useful:blink:..thought I'd mention it but I put it down to Aintree fever and it won't be carrying my dosh.

g/l all

Took 12s about Starchitect in the opener when prices were released. Would have been second in the County with a decent ride, off the same mark.

Buveur D'Air at 3.7 on the machine for the Top. Price diff between him and Limini is just too big

In the w/o fav market in the Melling only two books have priced it. 365 go 2/5 Al Ferof, 9/2 God's Own and 7/1 Vibrato Valtat.
The latter has been a cliff horse for me this season but that price is a rick. He was going really well in the Ryanair before tipping up at the fourth last and ran quite well at this meeting last year post Cheltenham. the 2/5 AF is horrendous.

The official marks for Limini and Buveur mean that the 7lb should make all the difference but it really is difficult to know how each has come on since Cheltenham. Likewise, officially and on a line through Tombstone, Bleu Et Rouge is only a couple of pounds behind Buveur. He looks long at 14/1 but the fact that he is that price inclines me to think that stablemate Limini must have been showing up very well at home.

Lads still 12/1 about Starchitect. Others no more than 9s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get Limini on 146+ and Buveir on 153..so the 7lb makes them equal but Limini is capable of more through ease of victory ..Buveir looks also to be a horse who will show better over further. I think Limini will beat buveir. Its not a race to have any confidence in though as we saw yesterday with Apple Jade..the cheltenham form can be turned round and then you have such as Gwafa and Ball D'Arc who could surprise..Agrapart is another who is improving. A very tough race.

The going yesterday on my figures [i don't do the National course]...was

Hurdles: -33 len per mile = G/S [soft pl]
Mildmay Chase: -26 len per mile = G/S

does anyone know if it rained overnight?..it said not on ML

Last edited:
Back