Aintree 2016

i have never rated him as a jockey..guess we all have our favorite ones..i tend to stay clear of sam twiston davis too,he falls for fun.. ha

Two stricken horses. Not sure which ones. Didn't look good.

Nico took a really bad fall. Hope he's ok.

Two stricken horses. Not sure which ones. Didn't look good.

Nico took a really bad fall. Hope he's ok.

its an ugly sight horses falling all over the place. Each year i feel more and more alienated by this "spectacle"

A good friend who is far from a Tree hugger and went racing 200 odd days a year surprised me by stating that it was time for a line to be drawn under this

I agree.

Two in the Topham that stand out at decent prices - Dromnea & Eastlake. The latter has cheekpieces on for the 1st time which suggests he's going to be asked to take more of an interest today.

Will back both e/w.

That's the weekend paid for.

That was horrible viewing. Not a fan of the race.

Minella Reception and Gullinbursti at Bechers gone I think. Absolute carnage.

This is why I roll my eyes when people claim the national is safer than ever - as soon as this happens on Grand National day itself, and it will, inevitably, there's going to be huge trouble.

horses will fall over any fences(ask ruby)..thats horse racing, the fences are alot easier than they were in the past. no one wants horses to get hurt,what can they do?,change the national into a 4 mile 4 furlong flat race?

Vautour does it too easy at 2m4f and gets careless.......wants 3m minimum in top company, to sharpen him up.

:ninja:

Can't be having that at all Grassy.

First off that was a typical Ruby Walsh fall. Dropped his hand early doors horse travelling a bit too well gets in close, Ruby does nothing to correct the horse, Bang!!! he's on the floor.

Ruby has the best hands in the business but he has the worst record in history of ending up on the floor when horses are cruising.

He's still up there with the best jockeys of all time but he has a very obvious weakness and that is depending too much on the horse he is riding to always get it right.

Whatsmore the last thing Vautour needs is a slower race over 3 miles which I imagine he is bound to get if stepping up in trip.

I'd take on Sprinter Sacre with him which would certainly have him paying attention and let Douvan chase Gold Cup glory but what di I know :cool:

Last edited:
The Cheltenham bumper was quite a tough race which might find out the first 3 that day in the last. Had a little go at Jonjo's Utility who should be fresher.

This is why I roll my eyes when people claim the national is safer than ever - as soon as this happens on Grand National day itself, and it will, inevitably, there's going to be huge trouble.

I agree with this. Public opinion can turn quickly and its a fair guess that its probably on the turn already

I would love to see the national scrapped over those fences. Seen enough

As an aside, Aintree is the most disappointing racecourse ive been too. Its closure wouldn't bother me at all.

None of this will happen of course but it should. It would preempt the turning tide and promote the sport as being forward thinking

just had to delete almost 2 pages of off-topic posts, if you can't keep it civil guys use the ignore function please.

Wtf happened in the Top. I looked at the market during lunch at work and the favs had flipped. Now I see the SP's and BDair was back to 11/4.

Only just!!!! Jim Goldie's phone will be ringing off the hook with offers.......hope the owners keep the horse and leave it with him,

Back