Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Well perhaps stupidly I've backed him in what is an anti post market....I shall find out just how stupid this decision/hunch was tomorrow.

If by chance every bleedin horse stands their ground, could someone out there at least post on here whether Alan King declared the horse or not, so I can get my stakes back.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I thought if he is balloted out, being no.22 on the list, when only 21 can run, I'd get my cash back, Reet?

Correct. Cash back if balloted out but not if withdrawn for any other reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Jonjo O Neill sends Arrivederci to the other handicap hurdle, or Alan King takes out Harambe, or something else drops out.

edit - although having said that, he's booked Tom Bellamy to ride Harambe, who at about 16/1 would have a right to run in the race holding his own chance, so the idea Alan King will pull him out tomorrow to ensure Isolate gets a run might not hold much water.

Last edited:
Well perhaps stupidly I've backed him in what is an anti post market....I shall find out just how stupid this decision/hunch was tomorrow.

If by chance every bleedin horse stands their ground, could someone out there at least post on here whether Alan King declared the horse or not, so I can get my stakes back.

Hope your boy likes heavy....

Lightly Squeeze

He won well enough on soft the last day, Max.

He's a French bred too, which would indicate to me he's more likely to act on potential soft or heavy ground than a few other horses.

I can't understand why Dan Skelton has entered rank outsider West To The Bridge in the 2 mile contest. His last three runs have been over 3 miles, 2M4F and 2M7F.

Anyways, If mine doesn't get in tomorrow I'm be cursing my luck.

Last edited:
He won well enough on soft the last day, Max.

He's a French bred too, which would indicate to me he's more likely to act on potential soft or heavy ground than a few other horses.

I can't understand why Dan Skelton has entered rank outsider West To The Bridge in the 2 mile contest. His last three runs have been over 3 miles, 2M4F and 2M7F.

Anyways, If mine doesn't get in tomorrow I'm be cursing my luck.

The ground will ensure only 14 around runners

Only 14? Crikey, I just hope mine is one of them. It's in the lap of the gods now then, whether Alan King and connections think he will handle the ground.

The fact he's a French bred gives me hope on that score.

Last edited:
Keith Donoghue has suggest The Bosses Oscar and Column of Fire will be Elliot's Pertemps horses. No surprise but as COF could go Coral Cup interesting that he suggested the 3m race.

Cheers.

According to his Weekender column, King intends running both his entries.

Isolate's sire, Maxios, won a group three on heavy plus a group one on soft. The grandsire Dansili handled soft/heavy conditions.

I'm hopeful.

Edit - Tom Cannon recently booked to ride, according to the RP.

Last edited:
Keith Donoghue has suggest The Bosses Oscar and Column of Fire will be Elliot's Pertemps horses. No surprise but as COF could go Coral Cup interesting that he suggested the 3m race.
He talked about The Storyteller for the Gold Cup (where he has no chance), but I wonder whether Elliot is thinking of having another crack at The Pertemps. He's only 4 lbs higher over hurdles than March last year, and if you took Sire de Belais out of the race he'd have won it with some spare off his current mark.

Isolate is bottom weight with 10:6. It's an open handicap though, so he's far from a certainty.

14/1 still available.

Last edited:
Disappointed that Main Fact couldn't give me more hope for the 50/1 punt for the Stayers but I was honestly willing Paisley Park home from the home turn and still felt he could do it going to the last.

Hopefully his heart problem is in the past.

29% chance of snow on Sunday at Chepstow...The course took 65ml of rain from Wednesday to overnight last night...

Back