Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Pretty random question.

I have Siruh Du Lac and Vinndication in some ten to follow lists, and we are not far away from the substitution window opening.

Has anyone heard anything or know anything about these two horses intended targets?

Siruh Du Lac was supposed to go for the Cavier Cup in December. Well that didn't happen.

Last edited:
Pretty random question.

I have Siruh Du Lac and Vinndication in some ten to follow lists, and we are not far away from the substitution window opening.

Has anyone heard anything or know anything about these two horses intended targets?

Siruh Du Lac was supposed to go for the Cavier Cup in December. Well that didn't happen.

Havent a clue mate.you could go on kim Baileys facebook page and maybe that will tell you a bit.

Pretty random question. I have Vinndication in some ten to follow lists, and we are not far away from the substitution window opening. Has anyone heard anything or know anything about the intended targets?

Vinndication still has Gold Cup entry. No idea on SdL.

I have backed him for the Stayers hurdle nrnb....
I have a strong feeling this is where they are going to go because they haven't been able to get a run into him...not enough time...

It probably wont run but I couldnt resist.
LITHIC national hunt chase 100/1 boosted to 117.27/1 33/1 nrnb.

Pretty random question.

Siruh Du Lac was supposed to go for the Cavier Cup in December. Well, that didn't happen.

Ditch Tout Est Permis and Goshen

Cheltenham 2022. Dont know if I will be alive then though.
MONKFISH gold cup 7/1
GOSHEN champion hurdle 33/1
KILCRUIT supreme 11/1
DUSART arkle 33/1
SHISHKIN champion chase 9/2

Cheltenham 2022. Dont know if I will be alive then though.
MONKFISH gold cup 7/1
GOSHEN champion hurdle 33/1
KILCRUIT supreme 11/1
DUSART arkle 33/1
SHISHKIN champion chase 9/2

KILCRUIT .....0-0-4-3-3 (10) DI = 0.25 CD = -0.90 ...Albert Bartlett

Hills look to be taking a chance in the Kingwell Hurdle.

I’m not sure if he is a certain runner, but they have Song For Someone priced-up at 9/4 ante-post, and he is as short at 6/4 in a place. Looks big to me, and has drawn me in.

I got caught by his no show at Haydock the last time so once bitten twice shy and all that. I know Aintree is his main target so this would seem a logistical step.

I was looking to get SfS beat to be honest given Wincanton is a speed track. I'd be interested in Christopher Wood but would like 3 places.

I've backed Third Wind in the Rendlesham as the top of the market looks iffy to me. 14s very fair.

Sceau Royal overpriced at 10/3 for the Game Spirit getting 6lbs from Greaneteen but would be afraid of soft ground so holding off.

Highest rated in the race..

- Based on a distance 50% further
- Rated 2lb higher than Sceau Royal yet his G1 penalty means he concedes 3lb
- Been off all season and is extremely unlikely to be at his peak on Sunday
- Jumping at 2m pace a concern, especially when fresh

Jumping at 2m pace a concern, especially when fresh

In his races last year, he actually jumped better when he got in earnest than he did when just cruising through the motions!

In the race at Cheltenham over 2.5m, the one he fell in behind the 150 rated Midnight shadow...well actually he wasn't behind, ha had it wrapped up 4 furlongs out...sauntering away...then fell.

He doesn't lack speed!

Last edited:
Thinking of doing some ew trebles for the festival and was wondering if any bookmakers allow you to do them equally divided online?

Related question; what about more exotic bets such as RTC, Liverpool RTC, is it possible to do these online (maybe i could try the request a bet section)?

Final question for when lockdown is over: Do high street bookies still accept these bets? I remember being looked at like an alien when i asked for an ew-ed double in a William Hill before the guy put it through (don't know if he did it right because it didn't come up).

In his races last year, he actually jumped better when he got in earnest than he did when just cruising through the motions!

In the race at Cheltenham over 2.5m, the one he fell in behind the 150 rated Midnight shadow...well actually he wasn't behind, ha had it wrapped up 4 furlongs out...sauntering away...then fell.

He doesn't lack speed!

I'm coming around to your way of thinking Max!

Thinking of doing some ew trebles for the festival and was wondering if any bookmakers allow you to do them equally divided online?

Related question; what about more exotic bets such as RTC, Liverpool RTC, is it possible to do these online (maybe i could try the request a bet section)?

Final question for when lockdown is over: Do high street bookies still accept these bets? I remember being looked at like an alien when i asked for an ew-ed double in a William Hill before the guy put it through (don't know if he did it right because it didn't come up).

Most of the top bookmakers take them, but more often than not, the counter clerk hasn't a clue what the instructions mean.
I haven't come across any online facility to do E/D...

What is E/D?

It used to be a talking horse on TV, didn't it? (Now we've got Mr Chamberlin.)

The brother is a betting shop punter and he is forever telling me about the latest episodes of hopelessness among shop staff.

Fortunately for him, his is a well-kent coupon in his local shops and when he makes requests nowadays for something he's seen advertised (eg ante-post odds) and the staff look at the manager he/she just says, "Take his word for it."

What is E/D?

It used to be a talking horse on TV, didn't it? (Now we've got Mr Chamberlin.)

The brother is a betting shop punter and he is forever telling me about the latest episodes of hopelessness among shop staff.

Fortunately for him, his is a well-kent coupon in his local shops and when he makes requests nowadays for something he's seen advertised (eg ante-post odds) and the staff look at the manager he/she just says, "Take his word for it."

It's an "equally divided" each way bet DO

instead of the win part of an e/w acca going onto the next leg(s) or the place only part if the first leg was only placed, you get whatever was returned as an e/w on the next leg, split 50/50

So a £5 e/d e/w on two 10/1s @ 1/5 odds

If the first leg wins you get £35 e/w going onto the second leg, as opposed to a regular e/w double where you'd have the £55 running into a win (10/1) on the second leg and the £15 running into a place only (2/1) on the second leg

If the first leg only placed then the £15 return would be split into a £7.50 e/w on the 10/1 second leg

Last edited:
[

Reminds me of the time when the tote were sending a bus around the country advertising the gold cup KAUTO STAR/DENMAN
I phoned the tote and asked"what price Denman?" and she said "what race is it in"?

Back