Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

It's an "equally divided" each way bet DO

instead of the win part of an e/w acca going onto the next leg(s) or the place only part if the first leg was only placed, you get whatever was returned as an e/w on the next leg, split 50/50

So a £5 e/d e/w on two 10/1s @ 1/5 odds

If the first leg wins you get £35 e/w going onto the second leg, as opposed to a regular e/w double where you'd have the £55 running into a win (10/1) on the second leg and the £15 running into a place only (2/1) on the second leg

If the first leg only placed then the £15 return would be split into a £7.50 e/w on the 10/1 second leg

All these years and I never knew that :blink:

Hills look to be taking a chance in the Kingwell Hurdle.

I’m not sure if he is a certain runner, but they have Song For Someone priced-up at 9/4 ante-post, and he is as short at 6/4 in a place. Looks big to me, and has drawn me in.

Song For Someone decd and jocked-up (Coleman). Top-price 5/4 with Goshen 2nd-fav at 5/2.

CHELTENHAM

All nrnb
Gentleman des mee 25/1 ballymore
Koshari 12/1 coral cup
The bosses oscar 7/1 pertemps
Paul's saga 33/1 stayers (D.O swayed me)
Eskydale 14/1 m.pipe
Night edition 33/1 county

I've been looking for this thread in the recent past, couldn't find it. Happy days.

A few layers have priced up Haydock and Sandown on Saturday. Best prices:

Charge
Nahaarr 7/2
Arecibo 9/2
Came from the Dark 5/1
Lazuli 11/2
10s Bar

Nahaarr has never run over 5f and imo doesn't seem to cry out for the trip. Arecibo was behind Came... and Lazuli in the Palace House and was flattered in the King's Stand.

Lancashire Oaks:
Alpinista 2/1
Dubai Fountain 6/1
Tribal Craft 13/2
Katara 7/1
Mystery Angel 8/1

On a line of form through Makawee(12/1) Tribal Craft has the beating of the Prescott filly and is from a top yard.
Dubai Fountain is the current front runner for the annual Braveheart over bet for every race she/he runs in award. Not sure Mystery Angel will stay and Katara has a close form tie to the Balding filly so may be the main danger.

Last edited:
I've been looking for this thread in the recent past, couldn't find it. Happy days.

A few layers have priced up Haydock and Sandown on Saturday. Best prices:

Charge
Nahaarr 7/2
Arecibo 9/2
Came from the Dark 5/1
Lazuli 11/2
10s Bar

Nahaarr has never run over 5f and imo doesn't seem to cry out for the trip. Arecibo was behind Came... and Lazuli in the Palace House and was flattered in the King's Stand.

Lancashire Oaks:
Alpinista 2/1
Dubai Fountain 6/1
Tribal Craft 13/2
Katara 7/1
Mystery Angel 8/1

On a line of form through Makawee(12/1) Tribal Craft has the beating of the Prescott filly and is from a top yard.
Dubai Fountain is the current front runner for the annual Braveheart over bet for every race she/he runs in award. Not sure Mystery Angel will stay and Katara has a close form tie to the Balding filly so may be the main danger.

Part company with you a bit regarding Arecibo, euro. I thought he ran well and made a particular note of him

KINGS’S STAND STAKES

ARECIBO was given a bit too much to do by Jamie Spencer. His major effort was 2 - 1 furlongs where he was fastest of all, but he could not sustain this in the final furlong, although still third fastest.

The sectional analysis suggests Arecibo got the second most efficient ride on the day. He might be flattered because everything else bar the winner went too fast.

The sectional analysis suggests Arecibo got the second most efficient ride on the day. He might be flattered because everything else bar the winner went too fast.

Certainly the race was run to suit him and he had a master of the art aboard him.

Here's a Coral challenge..
2.05 Sandown Saturday..

Depending on which way you approach this race, I think the winner will be ahead by the sum of the square of the angle of each of the horses on either side:lol:

Is that code for saying there'll be a three way dead heat? :)

I see its Sandown Haydock weekend. Loads of tough handicaps to solve.

I might need to start studying early...

Part company with you a bit regarding Arecibo, euro. I thought he ran well and made a particular note of him

KINGS’S STAND STAKES

ARECIBO was given a bit too much to do by Jamie Spencer. His major effort was 2 - 1 furlongs where he was fastest of all, but he could not sustain this in the final furlong, although still third fastest.

Who am I to criticise a champion jockey, but I think I’m entitled to be a bit miffed with Jamie - albeit that it’s probably my pocket that’s upped the volume. After giving Arecibo a bit too much to do in the King’s Stand (IMO) he changed tactics and raced him close to the pace in yesterday’s Charge getting him in the lead a bit early where he idled a little. Went down to a good winner, though. At least Arecibo showed that the King’s Stand wasn’t a fluke and I’ll stick with him.

I was pleased to see On A Session kept in the Bunbury today.

He's 28th in the list for the race.

So I'm hoping he will either just make the cut to get a run, or be declared/balloted out so that I can get my stakes back.

Worst case scenario is he's taken out on Thursday.

Last edited:
I was really impressed with how Point Lonsdale dug deep to win at Royal Ascot.

I'll back him at some stage during the winter for either the 2000 Guineas or the Derby or both of the above.

Last edited:
I was pleased to see On A Session kept in the Bunbury today.

He's 28th in the list for the race.

So I'm hoping he will either just make the cut to get a run, or be declared/balloted out so that I can get my stakes back.

Worst case scenario is he's taken out on Thursday.

He was declared early today, no. 16 on the list.

I'm not expecting much but just pleased I should get a run for my money.

My wager is at a quarter the odds the first four places.

Last edited:
I was really impressed with how Point Lonsdale dug deep to win at Royal Ascot.

I'll back him at some stage during the winter for either the 2000 Guineas or the Derby or both of the above.

Won nicely yesterday.

Back