Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

We received latest entries for Ayr Gold Cup today.

Great Ambassador still in now rated 106, second top weight at present.

Fwiw, after my original fancy First Folio was taken out today, and I went off him after his last defeat anyway, I've had another look at this race.

I think if Euros pick Great Ambassador goes to post he's a favourites chance but there is value elsewhere.

Ostillio is the horse winking at me. I remember when he won a showcase handicap at Royal Ascot several years ago when trained by Simon Crusford.

He's obviously very talented and his run in the Beverley Bullet last time was a serious return to some form when keeping on well in fourth place, behind Tis Marvellous, Just Another Bottle and Judicial. This was an eye-catching performance if ever there was one.

I reckon I might be backing Ostillio for this now. I don't think anyone can argue he's well handicapped on his best form either.

Last edited:
King's Lynn worth a look in the Sprint Trophy at Newbury on Saturday. Khaadem heads the market but he doesn't hit the line hard and this is far tougher than his recent win. The selection needed time off after running in the King's Stand and Wokingham and hopefully his excellent trainer will have him right for this.

Are you still sweet on Astro King for the Cambrideshire, Euro?

I had my first look at the entries tonight. There's an Irish horse with an entry called Fastnet Crown who looks appealing at 33/1.

He was third behind Bopedro in the handicap that forumite Outsider tipped up Bopedro. The form looks strong as Bopedro was third a few days ago carrying 10 stone.

So yeah I'm considering Fastnet Crown each way. I think he'd start shorter if he lined up on the day for sure.

Last edited:
We received latest entries for Ayr Gold Cup today.

Great Ambassador still in now rated 106, second top weight at present.

Fwiw, after my original fancy First Folio was taken out today, and I went off him after his last defeat anyway, I've had another look at this race.

I think if Euros pick Great Ambassador goes to post he's a favourites chance but there is value elsewhere.

Ostillio is the horse winking at me. I remember when he won a showcase handicap at Royal Ascot several years ago when trained by Simon Crusford.

He's obviously very talented and his run in the Beverley Bullet last time was a serious return to some form when keeping on well in fourth place, behind Tis Marvellous, Just Another Bottle and Judicial. This was an eye-catching performance if ever there was one.

I reckon I might be backing Ostillio for this now. I don't think anyone can argue he's not well handicapped on his best form either.

Good move for Ostillio today. 16s into 10s with most firms. 16s was too big, IMHO.

Last edited:
I've looked at the Cambridgeshire again.

I still like the Irish one I mentioned before, Fastnet Crown, but another horse has caught my eye.

Spirit Dancer has run well on three of four starts this season as a three year old so starting to show some consistency.

He showed some potential as a two year old, then had a three month break this summer, returning recently at Chester where he was upset at the start, slowly out the stalls, so considering all that he ran very well to finish second.

I get the feeling we haven't seen the best of Spirit Dancer yet. The break during the summer makes me think he could have improved again, while his last start was a very good comeback run.

Skybet are standout 40/1 on the Alex Ferguson owned runner.

Although at number 40 in the list I'd like to see how many drop out at tomorrow's entry stage.

Last edited:
GL,Marb.
Assuming the ground will be on the quick side, and that Frankie takes the mount, I've bet Magical Morning @ 20/1 in the Cambs.

I've looked at the Cambridgeshire again.

I still like the Irish one I mentioned before, Fastnet Crown, but another horse has caught my eye.

Spirit Dancer has run well on three of four starts this season as a three year old so starting to show some consistency.

He showed some potential as a two year old, then had a three month break this summer, returning recently at Chester where he was upset at the start, slowly out the stalls, so considering all that he ran very well to finish second.

I get the feeling we haven't seen the best of Spirit Dancer yet. The break during the summer makes me think he could have improved again, while his last start was a very good comeback run.

Skybet are standout 40/1 on the Alex Ferguson owned runner.

Although at number 40 in the list I'd like to see how many drop out at tomorrow's entry stage.

No. 27 in the list as of today.

The co owner Fred Done was shortest price on his horse Spirit Dancer last night, still shortest price now. He knows!

Both were pretty much guaranteed stayers, MM is not.

Considering his dam was 3rd in the Oaks, won a Park Hill and John Gosden knows exactly what's required to win this race, I don't envisage stamina being a problem.
Not yet a certain runner, but I've gone in again @ B365's 25/1

Last edited:
A journalist by the name Chris Day of the Sporting Life has just put up Spirit Dancer for Saturday. How long can the 25s last...

Last edited:
BEDOUINS STORY 40/1 seems like good value for the Cambridgeshire.5th behind MM last time and is 3lb better off and was staying on.

GL,Marb.
Assuming the ground will be on the quick side, and that Frankie takes the mount, I've bet Magical Morning @ 20/1 in the Cambs.
Both predictions coming up trumps, 25/1 ap looks useful now - c'mon Frankie.:)

Last edited:
Wtf happened to Astro King's price? I'm happy I got 20s but expected to top up at 14s maybe on the day. Seeing 9s tops.

I'd want a bigger price once Moore was confirmed for one but the bookies always cut the prices at the 48 hour stage. I'd expect there to be more competition/value around generally early Saturday morning unless Pricewise & Kealy both tip one up, as even in this day & age, they do affect the early prices.

Spirit Dancer N/R.

Christ... what to do now then...

I backed Naval Commander when he won three or four starts ago, I thought he looked a horse on the up. Since then he's been beaten but has shaped like a horse who will be better in a bigger race with a more brutal gallop. I can see him staying on well tomorrow.

100/1 definately worth a go each way.

I fancy he's the best of the longshots in the race.

Good luck Euro and Reet, you've certainly got the good prices on Astro King and Magical Morning.

Last edited:
Christ... what to do now then...

I backed Naval Commander when he won three or four starts ago, I thought he looked a horse on the up. Since then he's been beaten but has shaped like a horse who will be better in a bigger race with a more brutal gallop. I can see him staying on well tomorrow.

100/1 definately worth a go each way.

I fancy he's the best of the longshots in the race.

Geez. Naval Commander 100s into 33s and still shortening. Boosts my confidence anyway.

Wasn’t she just! I nearly backed her but the long time off stopped me. She’d be interesting in the BC with that turn of foot.

Back