Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

If I had to I'd chance the Venetia horse with the claimer on. Mr Hendricks had one or two pieces of nice form in Ireland last year but his mark is a bit eye watering.

Cheers Euro that Venetia horse will do then.

No pressure on you though.

Last edited:
Calipso Collonges is a fairly confident pick for me.

Ground, tick.
Trip, tick.
Course, tick. 2nd off levels with easy winner Lord Du Mesnil in this race (admittedly 2 years ago) but LDM is now rated c. 23lb higher than that day, there was a fair way back to the 3rd and CC didn’t go into the race in anything like the form he is this time. CC had also previously hosed up just shy of 3 miles over hurdles here in soft going.

But Euro’s is twice the price :D

Although CC has looked improved since the wind op

Last edited:
If I had to I'd chance the Venetia horse with the claimer on. Mr Hendricks had one or two pieces of nice form in Ireland last year but his mark is a bit eye watering.

Which horse are you on Euro.
Mr Hendricks ....christien William's
Fuji flight.......Venitia Williams

Up to now I have been mainly Honeysuckle Honeysuckle Honeysuckly Honeysuckle Honesuckle and Protektorat

However with Jonbon due out in Friday if he hacks up I expect he'll go to 2/1 or 5/2 but they wont make Constituation longer and may just shorten him a little too, as they so often do.

I think a 13/8 dutch may be one of the banker bets of the festival so I am going in again

Now the dutch has gone odds on with things just as I predicted.........all it takes now is Constitution hill to come out and win impressively and the Dutch will be 1/2.

Doubt if I will be trading out..no fun in that:)

Up to now I have been mainly Honeysuckle Honeysuckle Honeysuckly Honeysuckle Honesuckle and Protektorat

However with Jonbon due out in Friday if he hacks up I expect he'll go to 2/1 or 5/2 but they wont make Constituation longer and may just shorten him a little too, as they so often do.

I think a 13/8 dutch may be one of the banker bets of the festival so I am going in again

Now the dutch has gone odds on with things just as I predicted.........all it takes now is Constitution hill to come out and win impressively and the Dutch will be 1/2.

Doubt if I will be trading out..no fun in that:)

Viewing oddschecker just now good money for Fuji Flight the past several hours shortening all the time. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Welsh National - Secret Reprieve 6/1 - I haven't trawled the form yet but went in with a lumpy win bet this morning. The stable is flying (Coole Cody and Annsam the last two Saturdays) and there has to be a fair chance the horse will have improved a fair bit since last season. I read a while back that they were keen to preserve his mark but presume they would have preferred to get a run into him. He's only 6lbs higher than last year but travelled like the winner throughout the final circuit and wasn't stopped by loosening tack from two out. That form itself is pretty sound. He was backed into 5/2f last year and the same could well happen again so I wanted onside at this stage.

Out of interest when are the final declarations for the Welsh National (27th)? Will it be the same for Leopardstown?

According to oddschecker Betfred are now going NRNB for the Festival.

Don't know if it's all races, though.

It looks like B365 might be too although not specified at oddschecker. Most of their odds have been cut quite a bit.

According to oddschecker Betfred are now going NRNB for the Festival.

Don't know if it's all races, though.

It looks like B365 might be too although not specified at oddschecker. Most of their odds have been cut quite a bit.

Good to see this thread alive and kicking.

I have a couple hundred to invest for anti post purposes, but like one member commented the other day the festival anti post races look a license to lose money on atm.

I am torn between waiting to see the races this Saturday or just putting an anti post on Point Lonsdale for the Guineas and/or Derby.

He was the horse I really liked last season. His first time out performance beating Reach For The Moon at Royal Ascot was excellent.

I feel he can prove he is better than his last outing against the Godophin horse I think it was the National Stakes wasn't it..

Maybe by then having half a dozen races he was finished for the season anyway. He could still go close early season this year based on last season.

Last edited:
... and a wee brucie bonus:

Bet365 will also offer best odds guaranteed on all 28 races from 4pm Monday. Cooney added: "Cheltenham is dominant for our ante-post figures, as you lay these life-changing multiples and have that scary thought one of them will cop.
"You may back your selection at 8-1 and it may be a stronger field on the day than you had anticipated and your selection goes out to 12-1, you'll get the 12-1 anyway. The best odds guarantee offer is a good safety net.

(The colour/bold emphasis is mine.)

Last edited:
I probably will have to try a a/p ew multiple bet but in the hcaps it's basically a waste of time.
Horses are entered in so many races.

Found a good bet for this Saturday though its a relatively minor race at Newcastle at 1.23 only shown on Sky.

Scoop The Pot won a chase at Newcastle in December 2020 then out of form since but won recently at Newcastle again in December 2021.

Obviously likes the place and seems as though Ben Haslam has him in excellent form for a horse just turned 12.years old.

Alain Cawley booked to ride. See what the opposition is like but I like Scoop The Pot a lot.

I wouldnt mind going to the track for a day out not sure what the situation is with Covid restrictions. I should be able to get in shouldn't I?

Last edited:
Found a good bet for this Saturday though its a relatively minor race at Newcastle at 1.23 only shown on Sky.

Scoop The Pot won a chase at Newcastle in December 2020 then out of form since but won recently at Newcastle again in December 2021.

Obviously likes the place and seems as though Ben Haslam has him in excellent form for a horse just turned 12.years old.

Alain Cawley booked to ride. See what the opposition is like but I like Scoop The Pot a lot.

I wouldnt mind going to the track for a day out not sure what the situation is with Covid restrictions. I should be able to get in shouldn't I?

24 quid a ticket yes you can get in looking forward to it.

Thanks mate why don't you come up here for a day out with nice people and meet some lovely geordie women? Tickets on me. :)

I am not referring to my mother either hahaha.

Last edited:
Thanks mate why don't you come up here for a day out with nice people and meet some lovely geordie women? Tickets on me. :)

I am not referring to my mother either hahaha.

Ha ha I have trouble getting up the stairs let alone getting to Newcastle.
Back in the day I used to love newcastle brown.

Declared and carries bottom weight.

Several last time out winners in there too.

Back