Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

He was giving the winner 21lb today mate.it was a big ask.at least yours never got a penalty.

Yes he was giving the winner 22lbs mate. Hopefully the handicapper drops him a few pound now.

I did 50 each way on him when I had a win a while ago. I knew it was risky but I am living in hope. I would be delighted if he turns up and maybe placed if truth be told.

I will probably end up backing something else in the race after final decs.

He needs to improve a lot for the Grand Annual and Dan Skelton needs to work some magic. Is it too late in the day to give him a wind op? Maybe some new headgear might help aswel as the Grand Annual won't be a five runner race like his last few races.

As I say. Money down a drain.

Last edited:
I look at things differently to you.if the grand annual is the aim then there was no chance it was going to win today and get put up.
No disgrace losing today.

I'm in the same camp as Outsider, Marb.

Yesterday wasn't the day but it probably ran a wee bit better than I was anticipating. (Clear top rated on my figures but a barge pole job.)

Not aftertiming since I have witnesses to the following summary of the race in advance:

Éclair D’Ainay is well enough handicapped to have a serious chance of repelling the Irish bandits in the Grand Annual, won’t have to worry about making the cut there and can probably even afford to lose a couple of pounds along the way. This race is chickenfeed in terms of prize money and I think they would be crazy to put him up the ratings by winning this. There will be bigger pots than this for him if he doesn’t win at the festival. He heads the market here so taking him out opens up value among the rest. The obvious one is Destined To Shine.

Last edited:
Are the weights for the Cheltenham handicaps due this Wednesday?

If so I am assuming anything that ran on Saturday will have its mark adjusted just before the weights are allocated?

If so I am assuming anything that ran on Saturday will have its mark adjusted just before the weights are allocated tomorrow?

Last edited:

If so I am assuming anything that ran on Saturday will have its mark adjusted just before the weights are allocated tomorrow?

Doesn't matter, before or after; it will still get adjusted!

A 4 month out Supreme Novice dutch at 13/8 without an Irish horse is your idea of the banker bet of the festival Tanlic? [emoji3]

Any chance you could share those drugs?

Taking it they both are running I am doing ok 9/4 and 3/1 works out at 10/11 but it was a bit rash of me and neither has won yet

It has started already though. I had what I tought was a nice bet on Honeysuckle Shishkin and Galopin but the latter no seems destined to run in the shorter race,

Looks like a losing bet before a blow is truck....Never mind there's always PLAN B

Being lucky enough to have turned 20 quid into x00 quid the other day I had the lot on Dysart Dynamo NRNB for the Ballymore.

Not too happy Galopin doesn't run in the easier looking Browns but such is life.

However Willie has put his cards on the table and shown just how highly he thinks of him by taking on the classy Bob Ollinger.

I reckon Galopin Des Champs is one very special animal and is my banker for the meeting so switching my bet to him.

Last edited:
Everything so far has gone to plan with Constitution Hill beating Jonbon and Honeysuckle doing the business in the Champion Hurdle.

I transferred my Dynamo NRNB to Gallopin Des Champs and I see there's only 4 runners. Interesting

Shishkin tomorrow but before he runs I am having a large bet on this Bumper Horse Facile bega at 13/8 as they won't hear of defeat

Finally I will place lay Tiger Roll

Everything so far has gone to plan with Constitution Hill beating Jonbon and Honeysuckle doing the business in the Champion Hurdle.

I transferred my Dynamo NRNB to Gallopin Des Champs and I see there's only 4 runners. Interesting

Shishkin tomorrow but before he runs I am having a large bet on this Bumper Horse Facile bega at 13/8 as they won't hear of defeat

Finally I will place lay Tiger Roll

Lincoln - La Tihaty 14/1

It's very unlike me to get involved in the race this early and I only looked at the card because of unusual circumstances.

I suspect this fella is a Group horse in a handicap but I have to fess up to reading a fair bit into his profile:

• Didn't appear until the December of his juvenile season, effectively starting out as a 3yo, and may well have won but for being intimidated by a rival.
  • Won his next two races.
  • Reappeared this season in a handicap and overcame a tardy start to win tidily.
  • Overcame a rise in ratings and class to win going away next time, earning a 5lb penalty for this but still 4lbs well in under his new mark of 105.
  • On ratings, he's improved 15lbs in a month. Who knows where that curve is going to plateau but the chances are it won't be within the next four weeks.

The negative is that so far he's only raced on the AW but I'm not too bothered about that. Varian doesn't mind bringing them along that way.

I wasn't aware that this one has since come out and been gubbed, drifting to 20s in a place or two. I'm not too bothered about the defeat, just my hastiness in making the bet. The fact they put Saffie Osborne on it for that race would have set alarm bells ringing anyway.

However, another thing I didn't know was that the trainer has since won a good non-handicap with Tinker Toy, the form of which race, if taken literally, would put him in a strong position for the Lincoln. The handicapper has certainly taken it seriously. Tinker Toy's new rating will see him 8lbs well in despite his 5lbs penalty so I was surprised to see 20/1 still on offer. I've no idea if the plan is to run at Doncaster but I want that price onside.

A big issue might be what Jack Mitchell rides. He has a 47% strike rate for Varian this season and is 16/17 placed in the first four. It will be interesting to see which he rides or if the likes of Azeni will be back as the #1 rider. Mitchell, though, deserves every credit for making the most of his opportunities.

Fvckin hell.

Neither of those two ante-post punts (I think that should start with a 'c') is even declared.

Godolphin had several entries when I looked the other day but it looks like they're down to jus the one, the favourite Modern News.

I'm going to have to have a complete rethink now about the race but that's me scunnered already.

Fvckin hell.

Neither of those two ante-post punts (I think that should start with a 'c') is even declared.

Godolphin had several entries when I looked the other day but it looks like they're down to jus the one, the favourite Modern News.

I'm going to have to have a complete rethink now about the race but that's me scunnered already.

Variant still has one in it D.and 7lb claimer On modern times.

Fvckin hell.

Varian still has one in it D.and 7lb claimer On modern news.

Last edited:
Back