Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

i like Jimi Hendrix but 16s isn't terribly exiting and also Electrical Storm but Godolphin have so many in it who knows if he runs.

Just entries. Hope some 3yos get in otherwise it'll be a ******* yawnfest like the Clipper is tomorrow.

They should do. The last couple of years some horses down in the high 80s have made the cut.

You've made me have a look at the entries and I've taken an early interest in Caradoc at 40s. He's very well handicapped off 92 but there's a fair chance a Gosden/Godolphin/Haggas/Shadwell/etc dark 'un has the Newmarket pigeons seeking trauma counselling.

They should do. The last couple of years some horses down in the high 80s have made the cut.

You've made me have a look at the entries and I've taken an early interest in Caradoc at 40s. He's very well handicapped off 92 but there's a fair chance a Gosden/Godolphin/Haggas/Shadwell/etc dark 'un has the Newmarket pigeons seeking trauma counselling.

Runs in the 520 york on Saturday D. I've took 12/1

In the last few days there's been a fair bit of money floating around for Westover in the Arc

He was 50 on the machine a few days ago but has plummeted to 18.

Someone knows something I suspect

Last edited:
In the last few days there's been a fair bit of money floating around for Westover in the Arc

He was 50 on the machine a few days ago but has plummeted to 18.

Someone knows something I suspect

He goes straight to Longchamp at least!

Korker is a Karl Burke 3yo that's been on my tracker for ages. He has a tendency to be very slow out of the gates Soulcombe style which is a problem for a 5f sprinter. I was eyeing up the Portland for him but he's entered in the Beverley Bullet this coming Saturday and that is the ideal track for him as it's stiff as balls. Hills are the only firm pricing up and 10/1 is very nice.

Last edited:
Can anyone hazard a guess as to what the cut off mark might be for the Ayr Gold Cup this time around?

Last edited:
Dont know if they will run or not but I've done 2 in the Beverley Bullet

BURNING CASH 16/1 2 runs ago it never got any sort of run on the wrong side and got hampered a couple of times.
ALLIGATOR ALLEY 20/1 obviously.

I had a bit on Westover for the Arc a while back and had sort of given up as I thought he was going to the St Leger.

According to the RP he's having a rest and will go for the Arc.

I still think he's a top class horse and his run in the King George is best forgotten and his Irish Derby win was one of the best 12 furlong perfomances this season

22/1 is tempting to go in again

My ante-post book is fairly bare at present (Cheltenham excepted naturally)

I have taken 8/1 about Creative Force for the Sprint Cup. He didn't run well in the race last year but that was run on g/f unusually and fast ground 6f flat track events aren't enough of a test. He ran in the Lennox last year before running at Haydock and there is a chance with him missing that engagement this year that he may run in the Maurice de Gheest next weekend but that's ok, he'd be a bet in that as well - he does take his racing really well.

Must have been a recent entry stage because Appleby has pulled him from the race. Ascot is the priority obviously and he didn't run well in the race last year but that was due to a combo of 6f on fast ground - not something you get every year. I'm not pleased and this might be 40% pocket talk but hasn't Appleby been a bit **** this year:
Hurricane Lane - not trained on
Adayar - Where?
Native Trail - form tailed off
Coroebus - form tailed off.

I have to think if a Gosden or an O'Brien had that sort of talent they'd have come away with more silverware.

I'm not pleased and this might be 40% pocket talk but hasn't Appleby been a bit **** this year:
Hurricane Lane - not trained on
Adayar - Where?
Native Trail - form tailed off
Coroebus - form tailed off.

He's operating at 31% for the season. That strikes me as pretty impressive for a big stable. AP O'Brien 12%, Gosdens 21%.

I don't give a **** about strike rates, he has the best bloodlines. When AOB had the best stock he dominated season after season, setting Group 1 records. He had two top notchers last year who have gone missing this, the top two in the Guineas have done nothing since. I don't see him as an elite trainer.

CA places his horses where they can win, thus his high strike rate. AOB has a different motive, generating betting opportunities for "the lads" and upping stud values.
That's my take, anway, and CA is far easier to figure out for punting purposes.

Last edited:
Korker is a Karl Burke 3yo that's been on my tracker for ages. He has a tendency to be very slow out of the gates Soulcombe style which is a problem for a 5f sprinter. I was eyeing up the Portland for him but he's entered in the Beverley Bullet this coming Saturday and that is the ideal track for him as it's stiff as balls. Hills are the only firm pricing up and 10/1 is very nice.

Well a lot shorter on odds now hope it wins for you and anyone else who took 10s.

Trained by Karl Burke aswell he should have plenty of backers nearer the racetime.

Existant may be the one for the forecast!!

Last edited:
10s was ridiculous and I'm very pleased with the position I have - the one horse I was scared was Manaccan who won the same Shergar Cup race that Tis Marvellous took a year ago before winning this but he runs elsewhere. Of course the issue with Korker is the slow starts and with his draw in 5 you can see a scenario where he's roaring home but meets trouble. Strictly an each way bet for that reason.

Back