Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

I'm gonna add Electrical Storm to my Jimi H bet. He was fairly horrible last time but stayed on really well over an inadequate mile.

Both these warrant respect. Jimi is still a colt and he will be in the minority on Saturday in that sense. If he wins this he will surely be a group horse next year. I reckon he can place but one or two elsewhere look better handicapped.

Last edited:
I placed a couple of bets last night covering a few races for tomorrow, Sunday, then the Arc and the Cesarewitch at Newmarket. I am hoping for loads of luck.

Thanks Slim for the heads up on Lot Of Joy. Hills 33/1 was definitely too big. I didn't get that price but still happy with what I have. I think she can run well in what is a mightily competitive race with a strong looking favourite.

Incidentally I have put Waterville in my multiple for Newmarket. The ideal scenario for me is he runs well without winning on Sunday, (hopefully Lot Of Joy can win) and then hopefully Waterville will go on to Newmarket with a live chance.

I thought Fresh would run at the Curragh Sunday so he is my only loser on my bets at present.

My two multiple bets are:

Saturday

Haydock

2:05 Auditor - Progressive and consistent colt who based on his last run is handicapped to go close here.

3:15 Asad Jumeriah - Ran quite well in the Ayr Silver Cup when he beat plenty horses on the day to finish 10th of 25 runners. I thought he was worth a risk in this. According to his trainer he is at his best with a bit of cut in the ground so am hoping for that.

Newmarket

3:00 Zoology might out run the odds. I like that he is a fresh horse and hoping a few of these have had hard seasons.

3:40 Dual Identity just gets my vote. He is on a upward trajectory its just how steep will that upward tracjectory be that's the question for me. I have taken a chance on him.

Sunday - Irish Cesarewitch - Hopefully Lot Of Joy can prevail here but I fear Waterville so have at least backed Waterville for Newmarket just in case he was to run there.

Arc - Alpinista - Torn between her and Luxembourg but happy to side with the mare at a slightly bigger price.

Cesarewitch Waterville is a colt who could be capable of a run well ahead of his current handicap mark. In an ideal world he can place tomorrow then win at Newmarket. In the event he wins this Sunday and beats my fancy Lot Of Joy then I still hope he goes to Newmarket on Cesarewitch day and can hopefully have a live chance there on the day.

I did all the above in two multiple yankees.

I had to have small savers on Arqoob and Brilliant Light, (Outsiders fancies for the Cambridgeshire), along with a win single on Dual Identity.

If history is anything to go by I feel all these will be losers.

I am just hoping for loads of luck really.

Last edited:
Fresh is out Sunday? I was tempted by Mooneista in that race.

I like Zainalarab in the last at headquarters tomorrow and my Cambs duo. Aside from that it's all guns blazing to the Arc where I've been very sneaky. I have a green book via a few multis going onto the leading contenders and a Baaeed trade (backed at 60+ laid at sub 10) for a handy profit. I've had a bad season but if things go my way the next week or so I might squeak into the black.

Fresh is out Sunday? I was tempted by Mooneista in that race.

I like Zainalarab in the last at headquarters tomorrow and my Cambs duo. Aside from that it's all guns blazing to the Arc where I've been very sneaky. I have a green book via a few multis going onto the leading contenders and a Baaeed trade (backed at 60+ laid at sub 10) for a handy profit. I've had a bad season but if things go my way the next week or so I might squeak into the black.

Nah was taken out this morning, Euro.

A shame as I reckon he can mix it up at group 3 level. I didn't realise the same owner, (Clipper Logistics) had another runner in the race, (some horse that won at huge odds in a handicap with Hollie Doyle on the other day).

I wish I put your fancy today Mutasaabeq in instead of Fresh now.

Ah well. It is what it is.

I still have a remote chance of turning in a profit.

If Dual Identity can just bloody win the Cambridgeshire I will recoup my outgoings on the other bets plus extra.

Good luck all over the weekend. Its been a hard season for me aswell. I haven't really landed a blow of my own apart from a few big priced placers. Mind you I haven't been betting big amounts either.

Last edited:
I
Haydock

2:05 Auditor - Progressive and consistent colt who based on his last run is handicapped to go close here.

That's a good race. I like Harrow who has come down the ratings after being a good 2yo and was eye catching along with Zainalarab last time in a 7f race run at a crawl.

I agree its a good race.

Harrow has a chance as do a few. He was castrated before the last run.

Simon Holt likes Harrow aswell. He has also put up Dual Identity and Zoology, (two of my fancies).

Hopefully a case of great minds thinking alike!

Last edited:
I placed a couple of bets last night covering a few races for tomorrow, Sunday, then the Arc and the Cesarewitch at Newmarket. I am hoping for loads of luck.

Thanks Slim for the heads up on Lot Of Joy. Hills 33/1 was definitely too big. I didn't get that price but still happy with what I have. I think she can run well in what is a mightily competitive race with a strong looking favourite.

Incidentally I have put Waterville in my multiple for Newmarket. The ideal scenario for me is he runs well without winning on Sunday, (hopefully Lot Of Joy can win) and then hopefully Waterville will go on to Newmarket with a live chance.

I thought Fresh would run at the Curragh Sunday so he is my only loser on my bets at present.

My two multiple bets are:

Saturday

Haydock

3:15 Asad Jumeriah - Ran quite well in the Ayr Silver Cup when he beat plenty horses on the day to finish 10th of 25 runners. I thought he was worth a risk in this. According to his trainer he is at his best with a bit of cut in the ground so am hoping for that.

Newmarket

3:00 Zoology might out run the odds. I like that he is a fresh horse and hoping a few of these have had hard seasons.

3:40 Dual Identity just gets my vote. He is on a upward trajectory its just how steep will that upward tracjectory be that's the question for me. I have taken a chance on him.

Sunday - Irish Cesarewitch - Hopefully Lot Of Joy can prevail here but I fear Waterville so have at least backed Waterville for Newmarket just in case he was to run there.

Arc - Alpinista - Torn between her and Luxembourg but happy to side with the mare at a slightly bigger price.

Cesarewitch Waterville is a colt who could be capable of a run well ahead of his current handicap mark. In an ideal world he can place tomorrow then win at Newmarket. In the event he wins this Sunday and beats my fancy Lot Of Joy then I still hope he goes to Newmarket on Cesarewitch day and can hopefully have a live chance there on the day.

I did all the above in two multiple yankees.

I had to have small savers on Arqoob and Brilliant Light, (Outsiders fancies for the Cambridgeshire), along with a win single on Dual Identity.

If history is anything to go by I feel all these will be losers.

I am just hoping for loads of luck really.

0% Waterville goes to Newmarket. You need to be more tuned in to win at ante post betting. You can't guess and expect to win money.

Last edited:
Irish cesarewitch WHISKY SOUR 50/1
Balmoral hcap BLUE FOR YOU 14/1
Cesarewitch BASCULE 33/1
Arc AL HAKEEM 33/1

25p ew yankee.

I see Atrium is in the Balmoral.

16s top price at the moment.

That price could go a hell of a lot shorter were he declared.

I might have a little bet on in the next week or two.

If anyone knows he won't turn up please say so now cheers.

The entries for Saturday are out.

Early thoughts.

High Definition worth another chance in the Cumberland Lodge at this level?

Fresh is a horse I like. He could run in the Azzuro handicap. I got stung backing him for a group 3 in Ireland where he didn't run the weekend just gone. They also had him in the Ayr Gold Cup so I think the moral of the story is I can't back him until I see him declared. Too risky.

The Group 3 Bengough looks interesting. A few horses in there like Rohaan and Flaming Rib who are group 1 horses. Then you have the first and second from the Ayr Gold Cup. Gale Force Maya is a lovely type but the one I really like is the filly who beat her the last day Princess Shabnam. She looks to be improving at just the right time. She received four pounds off Gale Force Maya but did win well enough that day by almost two lengths. I wonder being a 3 year old filly would she get a little weight allowance in this?

I'd be tempted by Princess Shabnam but not anti post I'd rather wait until final decs. Surely all the big guns won't turn up?

No prices for that race as yet.

Last edited:
High Definition worth another chance in the Cumberland Lodge at this level?

No. That's an interesting race though - I think Secret State is very solid but there's a couple - Hamish (much better over further) and Get Shirty (handicapper) who are too short and so Third Realm and Cresta are reasonably interesting.

Drop in class, decent ground around a right handed track could see High Definition to better effect.

Those could be the plus points.

But I won't try and talk you into it ha.

Last edited:
Drop in class, decent ground around a right handed track could see High Definition to better effect.

Those could be the plus points.

But I won't try and talk you into it ha.

Looks like there's rain due at Ascot.

Rous and Benborough both priced up and a few contenders are doubly entered as usual. Korker is not and Ascot suits much much better than Haydock and Beverley did the last twice. 7s too big - race will cut up.

What do we reckon Laurel in the Sun Chariot? She looked like an absolute aeroplane in Kempton recently. She'll get the tow she needs from Saffron Beach and can pounce. As long as the Kingman doesn't kick in!

Last edited:
That's a race with a history of shock results, much like the Cheveley Park. Saffron Beach likely worth opposing so Laurel has her chance.

I meant to put Rebels Romance on the 'should be odds on thread' yesterday and I would have been proved right as he won again.

While we await to see what Luxembourg does at Longchamp I reckon this fella has a good chance in the Breeders Cup Turf. I thought they may go Caufield Cup but according to Charlie Appleby they are looking to go Breeders Cup Turf.

He is still unbeaten on turf. About 7/1 top price for that race at present.

Last edited:
I meant to put Rebels Romance on the 'should be odds on thread' yesterday and I would have been proved right as he won again.

While we await to see what Luxembourg does at Longchamp I reckon this fella has a good chance in the Breeders Cup Turf. I thought they may go Caufield Cup but according to Charlie Appleby they are looking to go Breeders Cup Turf.

He is still unbeaten on turf. About 7/1 top price for that race at present.

If he's running that well in non medicated Germany...wait till he hits the US!

Back