Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

I've taken 9/2 about Before Midnight for the 2m hcap chase at Cheltenham on Saturday. He won the race last year and so presume he's an intended runner. The ground looks like being ok and the oppo doesn't seem that formidable. Clear the Runway is also 9/2 and may have a fitness edge but was winning at Cartmel in May - I can't be having a horse like that at Chelters and Editor du Gite badly needed his first run last season.

I've taken 9/2 about Before Midnight for the 2m hcap chase at Cheltenham on Saturday. He won the race last year and so presume he's an intended runner. The ground looks like being ok and the oppo doesn't seem that formidable. Clear the Runway is also 9/2 and may have a fitness edge but was winning at Cartmel in May - I can't be having a horse like that at Chelters and Editor du Gite badly needed his first run last season.

I wonder if you're over-reading EDG's debut defeat last season, Euro. It was at Ascot, he jumped left repeatedly and was not out of it when unseating. I'm pretty sure I put him up as one to take out of the race and likely to improve tons for going left, which he did next time and won well. They're going LH first time up now. I haven't checked the race in detail to see how it's handicapped but I wouldn't let its being its seasonal debut put me off.

I remember that race very well, I was on Amoola Gold and he flew from the back to win. It's fair that EDG is better left handed but he was knackered when he unseated. I also think 153 is a tough mark for him, when he beat Cheddleton here off 147 he had a 5lb claimer on.

EDIT:
I've got to say looking at this race and the Old Roan has got the juices flowing. I've not thought about any of these horses for months but re-watching some of the videos and looking through the form book it's all coming back.

Last edited:
I quite like Nasallam (available 9/1) in the 2m handicap chase. Trip might be on the sharp side, but Moore is in amongst the winners, he wants to go left-handed, and he goes great after a break.

Last edited:
………..EDIT:
I've got to say looking at this race and the Old Roan has got the juices flowing. I've not thought about any of these horses for months but re-watching some of the videos and looking through the form book it's all coming back…….

Yeah, luvly innit :lol:

I remember that race very well, I was on Amoola Gold and he flew from the back to win. It's fair that EDG is better left handed but he was knackered when he unseated. I also think 153 is a tough mark for him, when he beat Cheddleton here off 147 he had a 5lb claimer on.

EDIT:
I've got to say looking at this race and the Old Roan has got the juices flowing. I've not thought about any of these horses for months but re-watching some of the videos and looking through the form book it's all coming back.

Old Roan could cut-up to under 8-runners, I reckon, and now is a good time to bet each-way into the market.

FWIW, given he's already jocked-up, I think Do Your Job is an absolute gold-plated each-way price at 9/2

Last edited:
Old Roan could cut-up to under 8-runners, I reckon, and now is a good time to bet each-way into the market.

I like that angle, so I've taken 16/1 Riders Onthe Storm. He was runner-up on his seasonal/stable debut last season over CD but subsequently disappointed. They've already booked Hughes for the ride, which can't be a negative, and the horse is down 11lbs from then.

Pied Piper vs Knight Salute.

Id be balls deep in Pied Piper if I knew he was actually off and not being readied for a handicap.

I quite like Nasallam (available 9/1) in the 2m handicap chase. Trip might be on the sharp side, but Moore is in amongst the winners, he wants to go left-handed, and he goes great after a break.

I've had a preliminary look at this race and allied it to the idea of it cutting up to less than eight runners - B365 are only offering 2 places so they clearly expect it to happen - and have decided to take a punt on Effernock Fizz, 8/1, 3 places. She looks on a steep curve over hurdles and is rated lower over fences. There has to be a chance she is lobbed in. Then again, there is no guarantee she will come over but she did come over and beat good home handicappers in the Welsh Champion Hurdle from 5lbs out of the handicap. £31k to the winner surely has to tempt connections.

I have to take the risk.
Study form hcap donny sat.
ALLIGATOR ALLEY 12/1 Betfair
NOMADIC EMPIRE 12/1 bet 365

£25,000 to the winner.so worth winning
Nomadic Empire has dropped to 90 so can afford a rise in ratings.

I've had a preliminary look at this race and allied it to the idea of it cutting up to less than eight runners - B365 are only offering 2 places so they clearly expect it to happen - and have decided to take a punt on Effernock Fizz, 8/1, 3 places. She looks on a steep curve over hurdles and is rated lower over fences. There has to be a chance she is lobbed in. Then again, there is no guarantee she will come over but she did come over and beat good home handicappers in the Welsh Champion Hurdle from 5lbs out of the handicap. £31k to the winner surely has to tempt connections.

Seven runners but a few bookies are offering three places and the BOG so I've gone in again at 8/1, 3 places and BOG.

I like that angle, so I've taken 16/1 Riders Onthe Storm. He was runner-up on his seasonal/stable debut last season over CD but subsequently disappointed. They've already booked Hughes for the ride, which can't be a negative, and the horse is down 11lbs from then.

Eight go to post, including GA Law who hasn't run for two fu*cking years, and is the second runner for Jamie Snowden - the wanker.

Is Beakstown a frustrating type who doesn't win very often or potentially nicely treated over fences, or both of the above?

I remember forumite Danny, who posts infrequently on here, was touting him for a race early last season.

With you on this. Lets hope I haven't jinxed us!! Best of luck.

Great shout, DO.

Back