Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

If he's running that well in non medicated Germany...wait till he hits the US!

Yeah I will be looking to have something on in the next couple of weeks, especially as Charlie Appleby has identified this as his target.

I think he would have a very good chance if he gets there on the day.

While it's hard to look 5 weeks ahead in terms of the likely field, he's a horse I just wouldn't want to be a layer of assuming he gets there.

I've got a good feeling about him.

Last edited:
The entries for Saturday are out.

Early thoughts.

High Definition worth another chance in the Cumberland Lodge at this level?

Fresh is a horse I like. He could run in the Azzuro handicap. I got stung backing him for a group 3 in Ireland where he didn't run the weekend just gone. They also had him in the Ayr Gold Cup so I think the moral of the story is I can't back him until I see him declared. Too risky.

The Group 3 Bengough looks interesting. A few horses in there like Rohaan and Flaming Rib who are group 1 horses. Then you have the first and second from the Ayr Gold Cup. Gale Force Maya is a lovely type but the one I really like is the filly who beat her the last day Princess Shabnam. She looks to be improving at just the right time. She received four pounds off Gale Force Maya but did win well enough that day by almost two lengths. I wonder being a 3 year old filly would she get a little weight allowance in this?

I'd be tempted by Princess Shabnam but not anti post I'd rather wait until final decs. Surely all the big guns won't turn up?

No prices for that race as yet.

I thought High Definition might not be declared. Wayne Lordan takes the ride.

Fresh has been declared for the Azzuro. A favourites chance I reckon. Boardman, River Nymph and Mums Tipple all interesting for each way purposes.

Princess Shabnam runs in the Bengough. She gets a bit of weight from this opposition. I reckon she will run a big race. Be interesting to see how she and Gale Force Maya go. The Ayr Gold Cup winner Summerghand has also been declared in that race plus Rohaan and Flaming Rib. One intriguing race that is.

Last edited:
I took a chance Rohaan would run and backed him yesterday at 5s.

The bookies fucked up with the Cumberland Lodge, they had Secret State in as second fav even though he's been declared for Friday. I took the bait and backed Cresta and have Third Realm (this is his track) in a couple of multis.

Best news though is La Parisienne surely goes for the l'Opera after being balloted out of the big race.

I also like I'll Be There and Morgan Fairy in the fillies handicap at headquarters.

I took a chance Rohaan would run and backed him yesterday at 5s.

The bookies fucked up with the Cumberland Lodge, they had Secret State in as second fav even though he's been declared for Friday. I took the bait and backed Cresta and have Third Realm (this is his track) in a couple of multis.

Best news though is La Parisienne surely goes for the l'Opera after being balloted out of the big race.

I also like I'll Be There and Morgan Fairy in the fillies handicap at headquarters.

Rohaans been declared for Longchamp Sunday aswell as Ascot Saturday.

His trainer passing up a clear win chance at Ascot to finish a fast finishing 5th in the Abbaye would be peak 2022 flat season.

I thought High Definition might not be declared. Wayne Lordan takes the ride.

Fresh has been declared for the Azzuro. A favourites chance I reckon. Boardman, River Nymph and Mums Tipple all interesting for each way purposes.

Princess Shabnam runs in the Bengough. She gets a bit of weight from this opposition. I reckon she will run a big race. Be interesting to see how she and Gale Force Maya go. The Ayr Gold Cup winner Summerghand has also been declared in that race plus Rohaan and Flaming Rib. One intriguing race that is.

High Definition is a bag of shite.

If he's running that well in non medicated Germany...wait till he hits the US!

Are you chipping away at the price?

4s and 5s now. Betfred standout 6s but that probably won't last long. He will start fav on the day if he makes it there.

Anything over 3/1 is ok assuming he will run.

Bet 365 only 7/2. They know.

Last edited:
Sure Appleby said they would think about the turf for Adayar if he comes out of Ascot well enough.

According to the Sporting Life Appleby is waiting to see how Adayar performs on Champions Day next Saturday before making a decision on his participation in the Breeders Cup Turf.

Last edited:
Munster National priced up and obviously Elliott has most of the field it seems like. I liked Frontal Assault last year and was deeply disappointed with his effort in the Kim Muir but this should be easier - he appeals a bit at 10s.

I've had an early pop at Migration (14/1) in the Balmoral on Saturday.

I've no idea how it will sit in my ratings table but Buick is booked, the Newbury form with Modern News is looking strong and the trainer is a proper shrewdie.

I've no idea how it will sit in my ratings table but Buick is booked, the Newbury form with Modern News is looking strong and the trainer is a proper shrewdie.

Well at least you know he is guaranteed a run.

My fancy Atrium is no.27 on the list. He needs 7 to come out!

Good luck to you.

Interesting, Migration is in my alerts from last season but I'm not keen,you will be glad to hear.

Booker Prize 2022.

The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida (NAP), 5/1 Boylesports.

I've read all six on the shortlist and in my opinion this is a classic horse in a G3 race. Minor Masterpiece.

Booker Prize 2022.

The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida (NAP), 5/1 Boylesports.

I've read all six on the shortlist and in my opinion this is a classic horse in a G3 race. Minor Masterpiece.

Boylesports won't let me bet with them so I'll need to scout about for a price...

Edit - had to settle for 9/2 with Coral.

Last edited:
Anyone know what dates we get the Paddy Power Gold Cup and Greatwood Hurdle entries?

I figure I will post a bit less and let the proper jumps boys take over the forum for jumps season.

Various members should also come out of hibernation.

Lookng forward to the jumps again

Last edited:
Back