Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

L Homme Presse is a fascinating entry and were he to run on Saturday I'd be wanting to see him win. I understand why Euro would want to take him on but from my point of view I would just want to see the best horse win and reward connections for trying something different.

I see Marble Sands is entered earlier on the card! Who's he named after?

Last edited:
A horse I had my eye on last season called Eclair D'ainay could run in the last at Newbury on Saturday. He has form with good yardsticks including Frero Banbou from last season.

Don't get me wrong he needs to improve a bit if he is to win a few races this season but that's quite possible. I thought they might give him the old wind operation during the summer but looks like they haven't. See how he gets on this Saturday if they run him.

There were conflicting views on him last season on here as DO was saying he had a good race in him while others like Euro didn't rate the form with Frero Banbou, who went on to run well in the Grand Annual. Eclair D'ainay also finished second on his last start with recent Aintree scorer Al Dancer back in third.

As I say, lets see if this horse can find any improvement this season.

Last edited:
I can't work out what Venetia is doing with Fanion D'Estruval.....

The Newbury two-and-a-half miler on Friday
The Hennessey
The Rehearsal

I'm second-guessing the Newbury Friday race would only be a goer if it's soft enough (and it may not be).
It's not logical to go straight up to 3 and a quarter with top weight in a race like the Hennessey. Is it!!?!
The Rehearsal seems most obvious?

But the others are throwing a spanner....L'Homme, Chambard

Instinct says Chambard can't win the Hennessey aged 10
And L'Homme might be saved and go straight to Kempton without a run?

Any thoughts?

L'homme Presse......Many Clouds possibly?

I think the market in Friday's Newbury 12:45 (Novices Limited Handicap Chase) is a bit all over the place, and have taken a piece of Ladbrokes 9/1 about Datsalrightgino.

Two of the first three in the betting (Balco Coastal and Soaring Glory) haven't jumped a fence in public yet, and the other (Frere D'Armes) was comfortably beaten by the opposing Aucunrisque over hurdles, off level weights. I actually like the chances of the three outers of the field (Datalrightgino, Aucunrisque, Straw Fan Jack) better than I like any of the others, and I just can't figure out why the front three in particular are so short.

I've gone for Datsalrightgino for two main reasons. Firstly, Jamie Snowden continues to have his yard in ripe form, and secondly, because No Risk Des Flos has just won comfortably at Wetherby off a mark of 127, and he was beaten around 15L by Datslarightgino off levels when they met at Chepstow. DARG gets into Friday's race off 138, and on my reading of his form (including when close behind Boothill in his maiden chase), he should probably be knocking mid-140s.

I'll also have combo-forecasts with the three outers on the day, just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Frere D'Armes had everything go his way at Kempton when he beat Haddex Des Obeaux who gave him a nice lead. I thought the Moore horse was more eye catching on the day. I actually put Dats' in my tracker after Boothill beat him but I was away when he won at Chepstow so didn't get the chance to back him. Agree 9s is value.

A horse I had my eye on last season called Eclair D'ainay could run in the last at Newbury on Saturday. He has form with good yardsticks including Frero Banbou from last season.

Don't get me wrong he needs to improve a bit if he is to win a few races this season but that's quite possible. I thought they might give him the old wind operation during the summer but looks like they haven't. See how he gets on this Saturday if they run him.

There were conflicting views on him last season on here as DO was saying he had a good race in him while others like Euro didn't rate the form with Frero Banbou, who went on to run well in the Grand Annual. Eclair D'ainay also finished second on his last start with recent Aintree scorer Al Dancer back in third.

As I say, lets see if this horse can find any improvement this season.

Eclair declared for the last race at Newbury on Saturday.

One or two firms were offering 14/1 in the anti post market which seemed too big.

He will carry top weight and he will have to handle better ground. Looking forward to seeing how he runs.

It wouldn't surprise me if went close and on previous form he will try and dictate affairs from the front.

Last edited:
Eh?

He has finished in the first four 12 of his last 13 starts, a lot of those decent chases. I'd argue a good yardstick is exactly what he is, but each to their own.

Last edited:
Frero' is only a small horse who is probably a few pounds too high in the handicap now

When he comes down about 7 or 8lbs to a mark in the mid 130s he could win again.

He ran a great race in the grand annual trying to come from the back which is so hard to do in that race.

For whatever reason Eclair didn't go for that race. For me it might mean Eclair is still now handicapped to win a race or two this season, but we'll find out on Saturday.

Last edited:
Frere D'Armes had everything go his way at Kempton when he beat Haddex Des Obeaux who gave him a nice lead. I thought the Moore horse was more eye catching on the day. I actually put Dats' in my tracker after Boothill beat him but I was away when he won at Chepstow so didn't get the chance to back him. Agree 9s is value.

DARG as short as 7/2 (Victor), with B365 currently top-priced at 6/1.

Was way overs initially. I know the bookies love a sexy Hendo horse but first time over fences at Newbury is a big ask for Balko Coastal.

Surprised to see Straw Fan Jack available at 10s (3 places SkyBet)

Has to improve again but that’s a clear possibility

Edit: 12/1 3 places Bet365 this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the market in Friday's Newbury 12:45 (Novices Limited Handicap Chase) is a bit all over the place, and have taken a piece of Ladbrokes 9/1 about Datsalrightgino.

Two of the first three in the betting (Balco Coastal and Soaring Glory) haven't jumped a fence in public yet, and the other (Frere D'Armes) was comfortably beaten by the opposing Aucunrisque over hurdles, off level weights. I actually like the chances of the three outers of the field (Datalrightgino, Aucunrisque, Straw Fan Jack) better than I like any of the others, and I just can't figure out why the front three in particular are so short.

I've gone for Datsalrightgino for two main reasons. Firstly, Jamie Snowden continues to have his yard in ripe form, and secondly, because No Risk Des Flos has just won comfortably at Wetherby off a mark of 127, and he was beaten around 15L by Datslarightgino off levels when they met at Chepstow. DARG gets into Friday's race off 138, and on my reading of his form (including when close behind Boothill in his maiden chase), he should probably be knocking mid-140s.

I'll also have combo-forecasts with the three outers on the day, just for the hell of it.

2nd, 3rd, & 4th. I can already tell how today is going to go.

Frustrating race in that if the ground was softer I have to think DAG maybe wins that. He's still well handicapped though and that was a nice form boost for Haddex Des Obeaux who is a winner in waiting.

I know this is probably a silly bet and I don't like the trainer and the horse is Corach Rambler 2.0 but I can't resist a little interest in The Wolf for the Becher at 20/1. Maybe the Aintree fences will wake him up a bit.

I've also taken 20s about Fugitif for the December Gold Cup a week later. This horse isn't proven over the trip but he was eye-catching behind Amarillo Sky who has franked the form and again, too big a price.

Now Where Or When is a horse of interest for the Bechers Chase.

Third behind the decent Dusart last season and the second horse, Sounds Russian franked the form nicely first time out this season.

I saw Now Where And When's last win in Ireland and he looks a horse who could be better over further, especially over fences where his overall record is very consistent.

I have seen a lot worse 25/1 shots anti post!

I will also keep an eye on where Sounds Russians goes next.

Nowwhereorwhen still in The Becher and I'm still sweet on him.

Dusart and Sounds Russian both entered in the Many Clouds Chase.

Dusart 40/1 for the Gold Cup at the minute.

He is literally the only horse I can see at a big price for the Gold Cup who is any value, and after his back surgery during the summer, he could improve to win the Many Clouds and then shorten for the Gold Cup.

I'm obviously not saying he will win the Gold Cup but I think there's some value in the price at 40s and bigger on the exchanges.

Last edited:
I've taken 15/8 Boothill for the Henry VIII on Saturday.

I can't say I'm expecting him to beat Jonbon (2/5) but I do believe the horse is better than its current rating and there has to be a chance Jonbon doesn't run if the ground is deemed unsuitable. I would expect Boothill to take care of the rest of the field.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the 15/8 already factors in that possibility given that it's the ante-post market.

Back