Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Classic Chase entries are out.

Grumpy Charley is in there but this would be a quick turn out as his last race would be just 2 weeks before.

A longshot I fancied called Grand Mogul who came third last time at a huge price is also entered. He'd have to step up his form in a big way to have a chance in this though. Although he is still very unexposed and progressive I reckon.

Last edited:
Hills have priced it:
Iwilldoit 13/2
Threeunderthrufive 7
Slipway 8
Lord du Mesnil 8
Mr Incredible 9
Punitive 9
Grumpy Charley 9
Fakiera 10
Guetapan Collonges 10
11bar

Tile Tapper is 12s for the Classic but it's a big step up in trip. He's also entered in the 3 miler at Kempton and that is way more suitable. Ran really well behind Remastered over c/d over Xmas and this is easier (Enrilo fav for some reason.) I also like Annsam in the race - he's almost down to him last winning mark and ran really well in the Hennessy before tiring (he also jumped to his right and so a return to a right handed track is favourable.)

There's a 2M handicap chase in Ireland at the weekend now priced by several firms.

Not so compressed either. There could be a big weight differetial between those at the top and bottom.

I've had my eye on Now Where Or When for a while. He was entered in the Becher but then taken out. Currently slightly out the handicap and I'll wait for final decs as I'd like to see who is left in then.

This would be a step up but I think he can handle it.

Last edited:
I've taken 8/1 Slipway in the Classic. Stays, acts in soft, looks on a steep upward curve and has a jockey booked (no guarantee of a run). Jumped left at Fontwell so this track might also suit even more.

Last edited:
I'm not touching the Classic as it's too boaty for me (I don't like to go beyond 3m) but again like Enrilo a terrible Pumpkin fav ThreeunderthruFive's form from last year is not working out.

I still like Grand Mogul each way.

Ex Henderson horse...showed promise when he hacked up in a novice handicap chase...lightly raced...ran really well the last day...travelled like a horse who might stay further. Farinet won that and was really good that day.

Be having a sporting bet each way on Grand Mogul if he is declared.

I've seen worse 33/1 shots.

Last edited:
Is Ronald Pump winking at anybody else in the Pertemps qualifier at Warwick?

Remember that debate about whether they would run him in the Pertemps at Cheltenham off a big weight or the Stayers Hurdle...went of to finish second in the Stayers.

The last time he ran a handicap hurdle was December 2019 when second in a big one at Leopardstown.

Can his trainer get a tune out of him again I wonder. He's back on a handicap mark now....

Last edited:
I still like Grand Mogul each way.

Ex Henderson horse...showed promise when he hacked up in a novice handicap chase...lightly raced...ran really well the last day...travelled like a horse who might stay further. Farinet won that and was really good that day.

Be having a sporting bet each way on Grand Mogul if he is declared.

I've seen worse 33/1 shots.

He ran a great race in the trial, Marb. Yes, 33s looks attractive. Ben Poste looks set to ride so seems he is an intended runner.

grandmogul.jpg

More pics here.....

https://www.gghracing.com/horses-in-training/grand-mogul

Would be a fairytale win for the yard, but there don't seem to be too many reasons why he can't go well.

I've taken 8/1 Slipway in the Classic. Stays, acts in soft, looks on a steep upward curve and has a jockey booked (no guarantee of a run). Jumped left at Fontwell so this track might also suit even more.

Doesn't go unfortunately.

I like Grand Mogul each way and will also do Grumpy Charley just in a couple of different each way lucky 15s.

Last edited:
Thankfully Tile Tapper has also swerved the Classic and returns to Kempton. After the Frero Ballbag disappointment (I've reverted to his proper name after he let me down on Saturday) I'm hopeful getting the early value works out this time. He has a strong chance and is 10/3 now.

Thankfully Tile Tapper has also swerved the Classic and returns to Kempton. After the Frero Ballbag disappointment (I've reverted to his proper name after he let me down on Saturday) I'm hopeful getting the early value works out this time. He has a strong chance and is 10/3 now.

I didnt think frere ballbag would ruin his new mark on saturday and I've took 33/1 for the grand annual.

Last edited:
Doesn't go unfortunately.

I like Grand Mogul each way and will also do Grumpy Charley just in a couple of different each way lucky 15s.

Yeah, disappointing, especially with the stablemate taking part. I've also taken 25/1 Grand Mogul, probably thinking along the same lines as your good self. I think it's worth a mensh on the longshot thread.

What's the forecast for Warwick this Saturday?

Ground currently heavy. More rain to come?

Last edited:
Yeah, disappointing, especially with the stablemate taking part. I've also taken 25/1 Grand Mogul, probably thinking along the same lines as your good self. I think it's worth a mensh on the longshot thread.

Yeah go for it.

Look forward to reading it.

Last edited:
I've had a decent look at the race (for me!) and the one that caught my eye was Nestor Park. Honourable mentions for Lord du Mesnil and Grumpy Charley.

I like that Aint that a Shame and Farceur du Large are having races in competitive events. I backed Frontal Assault in the Kim Muir last season and I think his lack of experience in big fields cost him, as it did Aint....

Farceur du Large was most eye-catching in the Paddy Power. He was wide throughout, missed the second last and was forced to go widest of all around the home term. He did really well to finish as close as he did.

Farceur du Large 16s with Coral, 14s elsewhere for the Thyestes. That's a bet

I've backed a couple this weekend. In the Peter Marsh Fontaine Collonges @11/2 who's win at the track in November has been franked by the second and third. I liked the way he stayed on in the Remastered/Tile Tapper contest at Kempton and oppo wise Dusart is doubly entered, Sam Brown is a 11yo rated 159 and Minella Drama won a nothing race lto. I do fear Empire Steel.

Dusart's other entry is over 2m5 at Ascot and in that race I like last year's winner Phoenix Way at around 13/2. He was very eye catching over too short a trip behind Fugitif at Chepstow and the handicapper actually dropped him two which is strange for such a good run. Tell you, these friggers have a chart they work off. They don't consider the context of the race and the requirements of the individual horses. Good stuff for punters ultimately. GA Law is feared at the head of the market but this is such a different test than his Cheltenham win and I wonder why he's been off the track since Nov Your Darling is also backable if you take the position that 3 miles was too far in the aforementioned Remastered event.

Yeah I like Phoenix Way but I also like Your Darling who could have potential.

I couldn't argue with your bet on Fontaine Collonges either. Good luck.

I have gone off Dusart. I think I may have overrated his form from last season.

Last edited:
HOLLOWAY HANDICAP HURDLE Saturday

LOCK'S CORNER 12/1 SKYBET or 10/1 4 places bet 365.

I put Blenkinsop up last time and it won well and deserves to be favourite but earlier it beat LC a nk receiving 7lb with claims.
Locks then won off a 3lb higher mark with jj junior on so a 10lb rise really.
On saturday Locks is 11lb better so 12s looks big.
A negative I suppose is hes 9 now but won over fences off a 13lb higher mark.

Back