Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Yeah I like Phoenix Way but I also like Your Darling who could have potential.

I couldn't argue with your bet on Fontaine Collonges either. Good luck.

I have gone off Dusart. I think I may have overrated his form from last season.

All three declared and Dusart, incredibly, is going to Ascot. He doesn't act right handed.

Great book, probably my best short term ante-post look of the entire season. Of course racing is odds against to go ahead.

Shame about Ascot but great for me that the Clarence House will be run on Trials day at Cheltenham where I will be after a three year absence from the great course.

I believe they’re reopening the race so let’s hope it attracts more than the three runners originally declared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Farceur Du Large taken out of the Thyestes, Euro. I hope you didn't put too much on.

He is still on my radar for the Kim Muir.

But I'll likely wait to much nearer the race to see what runs.

Last edited:
West Cork who I am keeping an eye on is entered in a 2 mile chase at Doncaster on Friday. Maybe they still think he has some future over fences, and if he could find some form have a go at the Grand Annual. I'd rather see him back over hurdles myself.

I'm actually very interested in the current top weight in that race, Malystic, who has some good form. He put away Cheddleton and Eclair D'ainay the last day who are fair yardsticks. He wants to do it from the front which would put him in good stead for the Grand Annual as you don't want to come from too far back in that race. He scoped dirty after his last effort at Cheltenham two starts ago so can be forgiven for that.

If he can win this race on Friday off 145 I reckon he could be worth his place in a race like the Grand Annual. We'll see on Wednesday who is declared to run. Only two firms actually price him up for Grand Annual.

Last edited:
Skybet chase Saturday 28th January.

MISTER COFFEY 20/1 5 places skybet

The question is,what is its main target.if the kim Muir or ultima is an objective then he wouldnt need a hcap rise but if the grand national is the plan then he would need a rise before the weights come out I think.

The question is,what is its main target.if the kim Muir or ultima is an objective then he wouldnt need a hcap rise but if the grand national is the plan then he would need a rise before the weights come out I think.

I think his main season target is the NH Challenge Cup (and have already hung my hat at 25s)...with the National next year. I believe they've deliberately kept his status for the long-distance Festival race.

But I have to admit he looks mighty interesting in the Skybet. Have him as the main worry to Happygolucky who, if it's soft, will walk into the first four.

Last edited:
Farceur Du Large taken out of the Thyestes, Euro. I hope you didn't put too much on.

Thankfully the best price was solely at Corals so it was impossible to have much on.

Good race to get stuck into, not that keen on the front of the market. I've had a little pop on Dublin Four @ 25s. He stayed on well over c/d last time and has a huge weight pull with Into Overdrive from earlier in the season.

Not having much luck with these. Dublin Flyer taken out now. Ideal race for him, plenty of prize money. What are these trainer's thinking.

West Cork who I am keeping an eye on is entered in a 2 mile chase at Doncaster on Friday. Maybe they still think he has some future over fences, and if he could find some form have a go at the Grand Annual. I'd rather see him back over hurdles myself.

I'm actually very interested in the current top weight in that race, Malystic, who has some good form. He put away Cheddleton and Eclair D'ainay the last day who are fair yardsticks. He wants to do it from the front which would put him in good stead for the Grand Annual as you don't want to come from too far back in that race. He scoped dirty after his last effort at Cheltenham two starts ago so can be forgiven for that.

If he can win this race on Friday off 145 I reckon he could be worth his place in a race like the Grand Annual. We'll see on Wednesday who is declared to run. Only two firms actually price him up for Grand Annual.

Both West Cork and Malystic declared for Doncaster on Friday.

West Cork has had a wind operation recently and I wonder will he show anything like his hurdles form over fences. The safer bet for me in this actual race would be Malystic, but we'll see how they price them up.

West Cork running in the County Hurdle looks less of a possibility to me now.

I am considering a nibble anti post on West Cork and Malystic for the Grand Annual before Fridays race.

As always, I reserve the right to make a right tit of myself.

Last edited:
I backed West Cork at Kempton and one of my angles was his tendency to jump to his right. I cannot have him for anything at Donny or Cheltenham.

I've done Ahoy Senor in the Cotswold, he was too big at 10s in a place earlier in the week.

Fair enough. I hadn't noticed that. He has good form at Cheltenham in races like the greatwood.

Maybe we will see a different horse after the wind op. The tongue tie is on aswell.

Last edited:
Both West Cork and Malystic declared for Doncaster on Friday.

West Cork has had a wind operation recently and I wonder will he show anything like his hurdles form over fences. The safer bet for me in this actual race would be Malystic, but we'll see how they price them up.

West Cork running in the County Hurdle looks less of a possibility to me now.

I am considering a nibble anti post on West Cork and Malystic for the Grand Annual before Fridays race.

As always, I reserve the right to make a right tit of myself.

I will try and watch this race live if I can tomorrow.

Malystic I think could keep improving. He could win from front again tomorrow.

See how West Cork fares after the wind operation.

I don't see a point in backing Malystic yet for the Grand Annual. It's such a big step up aswell.

That said if he could win this off top weight and 145 he would be on my radar for Cheltenham. His front running style would suit the Grand Annual aswell.

Lets see what he does tomorrow.

Last edited:
Seems as if someone reckons the wind op might work wonders on West Cork. Well supported from double figure prices into around 7s now.

That's a good race. Before Midnight was second in it last year off of a higher mark but it's more competitive today. I think the bet is a Saint Segal place lay. He's very short and this is so different than his Hereford win the last day.

That's a good race. Before Midnight was second in it last year off of a higher mark but it's more competitive today. I think the bet is a Saint Segal place lay. He's very short and this is so different than his Hereford win the last day.

Aye, I’ve been dithering over Saint Segal. He’s taken a hefty bump from the handicapper, is up in Class and Jane Williams seems worried about the going and may pull him out - not sure if she’s made the decision yet. All that has put me off, but he is being well supported in the market. Will wait awhile (we are littering the ante-post thread with todays race, though :nono:)

I know, naughty. I'm coming round to Mister Coffey tomorrow now but the ground worries me a tad plus he might not be off. I don't understand why GA Law is running honestly - speed track, three miles imo not his bag. The fact that Cap du Nord and Cloth Cap are 10/1 or lower suggests this isn't that competitive.

I will try and watch this race live if I can tomorrow.

Malystic I think could keep improving. He could win from front again tomorrow.

See how West Cork fares after the wind operation.

I don't see a point in backing Malystic yet for the Grand Annual. It's such a big step up aswell.

That said if he could win this off top weight and 145 he would be on my radar for Cheltenham. His front running style would suit the Grand Annual aswell.

Lets see what he does tomorrow.

Well he should be quoted by all the firms for the Grand Annual now.

I couldn't believe he was on the drift to 16s or thereabouts and West Cork was shortening.

What does the market know!

Dan Skelton, West Cork has either lost a leg or needs to go back over hurdles a.s.a.p.

Last edited:
I know, naughty. I'm coming round to Mister Coffey tomorrow now but the ground worries me a tad plus he might not be off. I don't understand why GA Law is running honestly - speed track, three miles imo not his bag. The fact that Cap du Nord and Cloth Cap are 10/1 or lower suggests this isn't that competitive.

Just re-watched the PP and GA Law ran as if he needed a step up in trip. Hard to oppose I think.

Cheers Simmo. I didn't though as the drift on Malystic put me off a bit it really did. But I think he is a Grand Annual horse. He travelled lovely today through the race...although it looked like he was dying at the finish, I reckon carrying 11.12 had something to do with it. Peter Niven has a nice chaser on his hands...

If he goes up to a mark of 150 or thereabouts he'd carry approximately 11 stone (ish) I reckon or a bit less and his prominent running style is tailor made for the race.

West Cork I am just watching as I still like his old hurdles form. Ideally I wanted him back in time for the county again in six weeks but time is running out for that now if they are still messing about over fences. I don't see how they can get him back in top shape for the county now.

Last edited:
Back