Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

I'm on War Lord for the Plate and so I'm not too disappointed that he hasn't been declared for this but the winner gets £34k and he had leading claims. The Plate will be very competitive. I just can't understand the minds of trainers. Honestly, I think most of them are just thick as mince.

Lol as a Malystic fan I was pleased to see him taken out of Doncaster this Saturday. Now lets see if Peter Niven declares him for the Grand Annual...Third Time Lucki also taken out of Doncaster I see.

Last edited:
I'm on War Lord for the Plate and so I'm not too disappointed that he hasn't been declared for this but the winner gets £34k and he had leading claims. The Plate will be very competitive. I just can't understand the minds of trainers. Honestly, I think most of them are just thick as mince.

Owners like Cheltenham runners. Cheltenham winners enhance a trainer's profile. It makes the complaints about prize money for class 1 races somewhat redundant.

I’ve taken Bet Victor up on their 25/1 that there’ll be 3+ Winning Favourites each day.

With the increase in opportunities and thus smaller fields it’s becoming increasingly more predictable and the bet would have gone seriously close in the past couple of years.

Win or lose the chances are much, much better than 3.84%

Irish Lincoln LAELAPS 40/1
Lincoln BOPEDRO 20/1
Grand national VANILLIER 20/1
irish national CHAMPAGNE PLATINUM 33/1

EW YANKEE

This year the GN,SN and the bet 365 are within 3 weeks of each other .
Kittys light is fav for the SN and the bet 365 so I cant see it running in both.

HEWICK 16/1 looks a nice price as most of the horses above him in the market are engaged in the Irish English or Scottish nationals.
So I cant see it being 16s on the day.
Big ask off topweight but worth a go.

Flat is back. Earl of Sefton on Tuesday looks trappy at the front of the market but one or two layers have gone a bit overs going 14s Masekela. He was a tricky horse last year, 4th in the Derby when being held up but very keen in his last race at York when his jockey set too fast a pace. He's been gelded, should be more tractable and is in top hands.

Anyone fancy anything else for the Scottish National next week?

The current outlook in terms of weights should change a lot after the horses who ran yesterday are taken out. There's plenty of them at the top of the weights.

Anyone fancy anything else for the Scottish National next week?

The current outlook in terms of weights should change a lot after the horses who ran yesterday are taken out. There's plenty of them at the top of the weights.

Kittys light looks the part doesnt he.
I've had a little on MIGHTY THUNDER 33/1 can Lucinda win both nationals.
Has run a bit better the last twice and is 19lb lower than when it won it in 2021.
Has been claimer ridden the last few times.
Shouldnt beat kittys on Eider form but might get a place.

This year the GN,SN and the bet 365 are within 3 weeks of each other .
Kittys light is fav for the SN and the bet 365 so I cant see it running in both.

HEWICK 16/1 looks a nice price as most of the horses above him in the market are engaged in the Irish English or Scottish nationals.
So I cant see it being 16s on the day.
Big ask off topweight but worth a go.

Agree 16/1 a great price about Hewick

Can’t see many ahead of him in the betting turning up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does everyone think of the Spring Cup at Newbury on Saturday?

I'm tempted to give Atrium another chance as that last run wasn't his true running I reckon.

Over on the jumps in the Scottish National, like Tanlic I fancied Monbeg for the Ultima and he was beaten by a very good horse in Corach Rambler.

That said, Elvis Mail's last win looked a bit freakish to me. He could be on a steep upward curve now?

Earlier on the card the 2 mile handicap chase gives Malystic a chance to bounce back. He has top weight but that didn't stop him winning at Doncaster.

I just hope his trainer has got to the bottom of him by now. He looked a bit stiff at his fences at Newbury, so I just wonder if there is an underlying physical problem.

If so there's more chance of them finding the issue during the summer than from his last run at Cheltenham to now.

I still think he could win a nice race or two but I just can't be sure we will see the same horse that turned up at Doncaster. I suppose if he drifted to 12s or 14s he might be worth the risk.

Last edited:
Agree 16/1 a great price about Hewick

Can’t see many ahead of him in the betting turning up

Not best pleased to see Hewick entered in the Punchestown Gold Cup

Earlier on the card the 2 mile handicap chase gives Malystic a chance to bounce back. He has top weight but that didn't stop him winning at Doncaster.

I just hope his trainer has got to the bottom of him by now. He looked a bit stiff at his fences at Newbury, so I just wonder if there is an underlying physical problem.

If so there's more chance of them finding the issue during the summer than from his last run at Cheltenham to now.

I still think he could win a nice race or two but I just can't be sure we will see the same horse that turned up at Doncaster. I suppose if he drifted to 12s or 14s he might be worth the risk.

Good start to the day for me with Malystic!!

Cheers was just good to see the horse do what I felt he was capable of.

Well done with Kitty's. What a horse. How long has she been racing since. Seems like she has been around forever.

Looks like final decs were made for Punchestown Tuesday today, is it worthy of a thread?

I have a nice one lined up for the handicap hurdle on the first day.

Yeah just been having a look at Epsom.

Only real interest at Punchestown will be in that handicap hurdle.

Last edited:
That's the race of interest. I'll be backing Lord Protector for Beckett who has had a wind-op after disappointing at the Ebor meeting but before that he was very eye catching at Goodwood. The Royal horse at the bottom I'd be wary of though, won the Israr race at the craven meeting last year but not done much since.

Back