Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Yeah those two were both on my shortlist.

Lord Protector has had wind surgery and Educator has had the gelding operation.

I feel those two first time out after those issues are a bit experimental and might improve for the run. They might be ready and still able to win first time out though.

I'm looking to stick with Scampi but might change my mind nearer the time. He improved towards the end of last season and if he can find a bit more and is ready for this then he should have his chance.

Last edited:
MERLIN GIANT 450 P tuesday 5/1
Went up 13lb for winning impressively from 127 to 140.
I backed it for the county but it never came over.
Long layoff to overcome.

Constitutional hill 25/1 for Ascot Gold Cup.

MERLIN GIANT 450 P tuesday 5/1
Went up 13lb for winning impressively from 127 to 140.
I backed it for the county but it never came over.
Long layoff to overcome.

Solid chance, good luck.

At bigger odds I will be backing Captain's Nephew. He won his maiden hurdle very easily and then ran a respectable 6th last time out, when only a length and a quarter behind the much higher rated Tax For Max. I think that would have set up Captain's Nephew nicely for this race. The fact he is so lightly weighted I'm hoping might mean he's been targetted at this race.

Last edited:
Hewick declared for Punchestown GC so he won’t be retaining the Bet365 GC. Bravemansgame also declared and cleared to run now they’ve sorted out ownership issues with a formal sale to Bryan Drew (I thought this had been sorted for Aintree but apparently this was for admin only)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hewick declared for Punchestown GC so he won’t be retaining the Bet365 GC. Bravemansgame also declared and cleared to run now they’ve sorted out ownership issues with a formal sale to Bryan Drew (I thought this had been sorted for Aintree but apparently this was for admin only)

Just cashed out on Hewick. 5% loss.
Can always back it again if it runs.might take it out of gold cup if it gets too soft.

I was just looking at bet365 to see if I'd had a bet today and noticed it so took it.bet 365 are way ahead of other bookies.

Definitely. The only reason to keep a SkyBet account is for the extra places (usually a point or two shorter than other books with no BOG [emoji3525]) and the free fiver every week if staking £30.

Also quite impressed with Betway recently

That's the race of interest. I'll be backing Lord Protector for Beckett who has had a wind-op after disappointing at the Ebor meeting but before that he was very eye catching at Goodwood. The Royal horse at the bottom I'd be wary of though, won the Israr race at the craven meeting last year but not done much since.

Backed that bloody Bad Company last time out when he was poor at Doncaster. Bloody typical.

Shark talking about favouring the oaksey chase for hewick.

Yes saw he was blue on oddschecker for that race. Must think he’s having to give too much weight in the Whitbread

Now 2/1 best

Last edited:
Yet were he to run he’d be well in with 15 of the 23 opponents - assuming the handicapper is right of course - as they’d be running from out of the handicap.

In anticipation of the race cutting up because of the ground I backed Mutasaabeq for the Sandown Mile at 8s yesterday. Sure enough My Prospero and Laurel have not been declared so now all we need is one of Simcock or Jamie to **** it up on Light Infantry.

I think Fastorslow and Corach Rambler need to be considered Gold Cup contenders.
Fastorslow will undoubtedly run in it,but yesterday's lightning won't be striking in the same place then.
The PGC was run 32 secs over standard wheras the CGC (on slower ground) was just under standard time.
Make of that what you will, but there's little doubt he was hugely flattered by the circumsttances of the race..

Last edited:
Happy to hear others’ opinions but isn’t it quite unusual to see a Dante winner still available at 12/1 for the Derby?

Back