Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Thread is working again. Just page 98 that is corrupted which is mostly full of my spam posts to get us to page 99.

Last edited:
After the Peace Man debacle Gosden has found a way to **** me again. There was talk of the WFA nonsense on the KG thread, the WFA in the Goodwood Cup is a factor - imo it is way too generous to the 3yo and so when rumours circulated that the wrinkle necked one may rely on Gregory rather than Courage fuckstick for the race on Tuesday I was all over him at 9/2 and I had him in a treble with Al Aasy and Savethelastdance from last weekend. Decs made, no Gregory. In fact, no 3yo. Trainers are such thick cunts.

Last edited:
Taken 8s about Bluestocking for the Yorkshire Oaks. She ran a stormer on bad ground in the Irish version and beats the winner that day on a better surface. Oppo wise I want to take on Soul Sister who I suspect is better over 10. Emily Upjohn is obviously a massive danger but does Johnny G run both fillies? Not so sure.

Just back from a driving job that took me to Perth and perusing the ante-post list for this weekend a few horses catch my interest but I'm wary of non-runners and rain or lack of.

Geoffrey Freer - I can't have Kelami as fav for this, not at all. Godolphin have had a terrible year and this horse was flattered lto. I'm tempted by Arrest at 4s but will need rain. It's good to soft now should be dry until Friday and then more rain.

Bet Victor Hcap 7f. Also at Newbury, long time tracker horse Havana Blue didn't stay a mile last time but opposite to Arrest he'd need the rain to stay away.

Hungerford. Sacred is fair enough here as market leader but I don't like Chindit second in or last year's winner Jumby. Olivia Maralda is so big here at 10s but she really needs a sound surface. This filly is potentially high class and was terribly ridden in the Jersey.

At Ripon we have the Great St. Wilfred and the Silver Trophy which I presume is it's consolation race. For the latter I'm interested in Winter Crown who has been on my tracker all season. Not sure what happened last time out at Chester. In the main event Equilateral caught my eye - he's never run in a big field handicap over here and whereas you can question his stamina for this I think 105 is a fair enough mark. I'll be backing him if a jockey gets booked - he's in the Nunthorpe naturally but he's no chance in that.

Not getting involved in short term ap is saving me a packet this year - Arrest declared but none of the others I noted have been. There is a bet in the Hungerford even sans the Varian Filly. Marbaan ran well despite an excessive waiting ride by Frank in the Lennox (which the prick could try again) but he's 8/1 here in a far weaker race.

Last edited:
One of my basic punting rules is not betting at the 5 day stage.Once upon a time I knew a man who had £1500 on a horse trained by one of the Tinklers for the November handicap -horse didn't run and he had to leave Dublin for a new life in London.That cured him of any addiction he had to horse racing.

Ew yankee 3 of Omearas which could of been all 4.
GULLIVER great st wilfred 20/1
BERGERAC Harmony sprint york Wednesday 20/1 (alligator alley)
ORBAAN clipper logistics 33/1
GET SHIRTY ebor 33/1

Not getting involved in short term ap is saving me a packet this year - Arrest declared but none of the others I noted have been. There is a bet in the Hungerford even sans the Varian Filly. Marbaan ran well despite an excessive waiting ride by Frank in the Lennox (which the prick could try again) but he's 8/1 here in a far weaker race.
Said to need cut Euro,which is up in the air at the mo.Possibly why he wasn't interested lto.
Really fancy the Haggas horse,but will wait on the ground.
Had a pop at King of Bavaria (25/1 6 pl) in the Great St Wilfrid.

Last edited:
Ew yankee 3 of Omearas which could of been all 4.
GULLIVER great st wilfred 20/1
BERGERAC Harmony sprint york Wednesday 20/1 (alligator alley)
ORBAAN clipper logistics 33/1
GET SHIRTY ebor 33/1

Without even checking the form, that could be one getting involved with.

PS - Kealy is keen on Summerghand in the GSW.

Last edited:
Said to need cut Euro,which is up in the air at the mo.Possibly why he wasn't interested lto.
Really fancy the Haggas horse,but will wait on the ground.
Had a pop at King of Bavaria (25/1 6 pl) in the Great St Wilfrid.

The prices on decs were crazy with Kelami at 2/1. I've put Arrest in a couple of multis and have backed said Haggas horse at 5s. I think this is a two horse race.

Back