Arc 2010

F&G will be playing the part of El Condor Pasa in this Arc - and it's unlikely (though not impossible) that Planteur or Behkabad will be up to emulating Montjeu.

F&G will be playing the part of El Condor Pasa in this Arc - and it's unlikely (though not impossible) that Planteur or Behkabad will be up to emulating Montjeu.

In terms of style I get what you mean. However, good as those two are they are going into the race on RPRs of 123 and 124, whereas Montjeu went into the race on some 10lb higher mark (133), achieving 136 in the race itself.

El Condor Pasa would have won most renewals and I'd say the comparison with Fame And Glory is a good one. ECP was a 4yo going into the race off 127 (134 achieved in the race), while Fame is the same age and goes into it off 131.

Assuming Montjeu doesn't turn up I'm thinking Fame will be okay.:)

Last edited:
F&G's record re sp from being 3yo

greater than 2/1 = 1226
less than 2/1 = 11631111

considering the 1 in the top line was when he was overpriced when we didn't really know how he had trained on.

it looks like when he has opposition that are capable of beating him..they do just that

his record in the 2nd half of last season wouldn't point to a good run this time in the Arc either.

add to that he has been meeting mainly beatable oppo this year.. its going to come as a bit of a shock to his system suddenly having horses able to push him really hard late in a race

all in all..they may have made him into a bit of a softie this year imo with all these beef or salmon type races

i'll duck now

but i'm only telling the truth

Last edited:
F&G's record re sp from being 3yo

greater than 2/1 = 1226
less than 2/1 = 11631111

it looks like when he has opposition that are capable of beating him..they do just that................

i'll duck now

but i'm only telling the truth

Very entertaining but of course total nonsense... You can cross off the two unplaced performances due him running below form in the Arc and Champion Stakes at the end of last season. The two runner-up spots were behind Sea The Stars (which doesn’t look too bad in hindsight) and the only other time he didn’t win was when given a limbering up excercise at the Curragh behind She’s Our Mark.

Truth and statistics eh?:p

Very entertaining but of course total nonsense... You can cross off the two unplaced performances due him running below form in the Arc and Champion Stakes at the end of last season. The two runner-up spots were behind Sea The Stars (which doesn’t look too bad in hindsight) and the only other time he didn’t win was when given a limbering up excercise at the Curragh behind She’s Our Mark.

aye..a bit tongue in cheek..but the bit about racing against beatables is valid

I used to play a lot of pool when i were younger..and i found that when i played a series of players i knew i could beat 9/10 times.. my game suffered. Playing very good players made me keep my mind on my best game. Beating up horses in races is ok for amassing prize money..not much good for sharpening the competitive edge though

just thrown a little Nick Mordin opener in there..hope Kri's not reading:D

seriously though..he could suffer the beefy syndrome

he is only rated OHR 128 as well..not 130+

Last edited:

what do you mean running below his best in the Arc?..why do you think there is more than that?

fame and glory is too slow, and wants alot further than this.

please don't be continuously fooled by the constant hype regarding this horse.

Would have delievered by now if he was good enough, lay to place for me, easy money..:p:p:p:p:p:p

I've got to admit, I am coming round to him more and more, the speed ratings he's posted for me are top top drawer to be honest but I do wonder if he's vulnerable to something improving in a race like the Arc. He's also beat absolutely bugger all this year bar Sariska. On balance, I'd rather be a layer than a backer at his current price of 3s.

I'm much happier with my Behkehbad bet at 20s to be honest.

I think Fame And Glory has a chance because it is a weak edition and some of the main contenders will not run, but he doesnt look the ideal type for the Arc.

Would have delievered by now if he was good enough, lay to place for me, easy money..:p:p:p:p:p:p

In isolation you just wouldn't believe this post was about a triple Group 1 winner.

"Would have delivered if he was good enough." wtf.

Race not run to suit .This old chestnut . He was close enough to the pace STS was just much much too good for him . As he was at Leopardstown and Longchamp.

I think he has grown up this year though and there is no STS in the way . So long as he is ridden prominently and kicks on 2 out he may well be hard to catch in a non-vintage year

I didnt say he would have beat him, just said he needs a fast pace and pacemaker run slow to help Rip.

I do not get this "non vintage" year....bar Sea The Stars I can see virtually all of last year's Arc horses running, this years French crop of 3 year olds and whatever British three year olds come over. Does it look an exceptional Arc yet - probably not but I am not going to start writing it off before it has been even run.

As for the Derby - do you think Fame And Glory enjoys a slowly run race at any trip? I do not so there for it did not suit him. Does that mean I think he would be Sea The Stars in a fast run 12 furlong race - no.

what do you mean running below his best in the Arc?..why do you think there is more than that?

He ran to an RPR of 121 in the Arc. He has run five races to higher ratings - in ascending order: 123, 124, 127, 128 and 131. Consequently he Arc running last season was 10lbs below his best and 6lb below what he has achieved so far this season. I'm expecting him to run to about 130 this season, which should do okay.

fame and glory is too slow, and wants alot further than this.

Would have delievered by now if he was good enough

Don't know about "continuously fooled" he is one of the high achievers of the the past three seasons. One of scant few horses to win Group 1s at two, three and four.

Four Group 1s, nine wins and runner-up spots behind Sea The Stars in the Derby and Irish Champion Stakes, with a top RPR of 131.

...and this is a horse with a profile of being "too slow" and failing to deliver??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the problem, isn't it? Too much low quality racing! :rolleyes:

(EC1 - just seen your Mordint humour... excellent! Well on a par with recent telly chunterings!)

I wouldn't be happy with that if I had backed him - a horse who needs races for me.

I am happy - he had his come back run. Whats the point in travelling to France for a race that is not likely to suit him and its only a Group 2.

Back