Arc 2010

His last run was several weeks back and is redundant with the Arc in mind. And, wasn't that a listed race or something?

His last run was several weeks back and is redundant with the Arc in mind. And, wasn't that a listed race or something?

Yes and that was a prep race for the Irish Champion - he would have been plenty fit/sharp this week in preparation for that.

I have no doubt O'Brien will have him spot on for his biggest target all season.

I gather the Workforce vibes are gathering again. For me it will be interesting to see how he runs. I think he should be forgiven last time out possibly as being on the big side he may well have gone weak and been going through a growing phase.

The recent turnaround in form of many horses can be put down to the weather changing. When you get significantly colder nights, horses will start to think about changing their coats - fillies first and geldings - often colts/entires retain theirs. But I am a firm believer in many not performing up to their best while this is going on. When the coat is "set" i.e. woolly and they have been clipped, they seem to be fine then ( you only have to look at NH horses to realise this). My dogs always look really manky when they are moulting and seem to be a bit lethargic for a while, too.

Yes, but wasn't that for the Irish Champion - the Arc is 4 weeks further on. It will effectively be the start of June since he has had a race - no matter what you say about O'Brien, it is far from ideal.

Yes, but wasn't that for the Irish Champion - the Arc is 4 weeks further on. It will effectively be the start of June since he has had a race - no matter what you say about O'Brien, it is far from ideal.

But if they felt it was an issue they would give him a prep - they clearly do not think it is.

I note though he is a little weak in a few of the markets this morning for the Arc...not fav now with one or two bookies.

But if they felt it was an issue they would give him a prep - they clearly do not think it is.

Of course they don't think it is an issue! But that doesn't mean they're right.

You need to get Youmzain in the book quickly! :p

I'm going this year so I hope they all turn up fit and well!!!!

I've watched the Grand Prix De Paris several times now and believe that one of those two will probably win it. I'd have a real fancy for Rewilding if he wasn't going for the Leger. Winning that and the Arc is nigh on impossible I reckon.

I'd have a real fancy for Rewilding if he wasn't going for the Leger. Winning that and the Arc is nigh on impossible I reckon.

Agree ... a bit of a shame he is going for the Leger for me, but I can see why it's the better option for Godolphin.

Fame And Glory out to 5/1 in places with a good few behind him shortening up. The Aga Khan colt is actually fav now with quite a few of them.

Thanks.

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but could get behind FAG at those kind of prices.

The Niel is a difficult race and I'd rather leave most of those in it unbacked for the Arc till after as it's relatively open.

Last edited:
There are 11 left in the Prix Foy next Sunday,

Duncan, Sans Frontiers and Dangerous Midge are the UK contenders.

10 remain in the Prix Neil with none from Britian or Ireland.

Midday, Sariska, High Heeled and Snow Fairy are among the 15 left in the Prix Vermeille.

Fame And Glory out to 5/1 in places with a good few behind him shortening up. The Aga Khan colt is actually fav now with quite a few of them.

I've already backed him at 5s some time ago and backed him again a couple of days ago at 4s. He was still 5/2 with Paddy Power when I last looked.

Some Arc trials are run at such ludicrous gallops I wouldn't even call them preps. It's a non-issue for me and I'd have steamed in at 5s if the average price I have wasn't 13/2.

The Foy would have been a waste of time - travelling all the way over to France for a sprint against Byword.

Soldier Of Fortune ran third to Zarkava on his first run since the Coronation Cup - O'Brien knows what he is doing. If he needed a run he would be running.

Some Arc trials are run at such ludicrous gallops I wouldn't even call them preps. It's a non-issue for me and I'd have steamed in at 5s if the average price I have wasn't 13/2.

they may be jog and sprints generally... but at some point a horse is really pushed to actually race..so even if they aren't strongly run they are..a run.

can anyone think of a past winner that hadn't run for 2 months?

they may be jog and sprints generally... but at some point a horse is really pushed to actually race..so even if they aren't strongly run they are..a run.

can anyone think of a past winner that hadn't run for 2 months?

Nope but the last two winners of the race (Sea The Stars and Dylan Thomas) hardly match the "normal profile" of an Arc winner.

Back