Arc 2010

they might as well run CB in the QE11...he will at least stay the trip..6th or worse in the Arc..it will be a waste of a win running him in France

...looks like you could get your wish. Personally I'd like to see Cape Blanco run in the Arc, but it looks like they want to drop him back rather than step him up.

In the meantime punish bookmakers by taking any 6/1 you can get on Fame And Glory, he has only drifted as some think CB has a better chance than Fame of representing (which of course he doesn't).

I wouldn't like to see him in either. I'd like to see him kept relatively fresh for the BC Classic. He looks the type to adapt well to American dirt racing given his style of racing.

If they are as keen on winning the race as they seem to be, I don't get why they keep treating it as an after-thought.

Last edited:
Kind of agree with Trackside but having backed him for the Arc at juicy prices, I obviously want him heading to Paris on Sunday week.

Be amazed if they run him in the QE2 unless they think Rip is an unlikely runner.

Run him in the listed Trigo at Leopardstown over 1m 2f and put him away for a serious campaign next year.

Workforce has shortened up again for the Arc.

Visually I thought his performance in the Derby was the best I've seen this season over a mile and a half for 3yo's and any horse can be forgiven a bad run at Ascot. I hope he wins for Sir Michael but I couldn't back him at the price. Looks like another e/way on Youmzain for me this year - now that would be a story to warm the heart.

Could it be that the bookies are probably trying to create some momentum artificially on the basis that the book is weak and there are no English challengers? He's too short a price even if he was flying up the gallops like pegasus.

Would bookies ever speak to each other about market prices and if they did would that be price fixing or collusion? I guess the party line would always be no.... :)

I don't think he's that daft a price, his Derby win was scintilating and I don't think he'd got over it when he ran at Ascot. The form of that race is rock solid and their softly softly approach could pay dividends.

I'd rather be on Behkebad and Cape Blanco at the moment but he's not without a chance.

Back